What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2011, whats your minimum pass mark?

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
what a terrible post. in most of those games we were the better team and deserved the win. the sign of a good team is who can win the close pressure cooker games, your theory is completely floored.

against the eagles we dominated the opening 20 and had a fair try dissallowed, we then dominated the last 20 and came home with a wet sail to seal a tremendous win

the cowboys win was one of the best of the season. we lost our halfback in the first few minutes, away, in the heat at a venue we have a terrible record at. that was an extremely gutsy win and we 100% deserved it.

the broncos game was absolutely terrible, was our second worst game of the season after the souffs 50-10 debacle. however we hung in there and had the players to come up with the big play in the second last minute to snatch the win. it was a sign of maturity.

against the titans we had our fourth choice half and grinded the win, it was a very good performance against a top 4 side.

the sharks we were terrible and lucky to win, ill give you that one

the first 60 minutes against parra was just about our best 60 mins of the year. we tore them apart and were up 20-0 until the most blatant biasim referreeing stepped in and we were on the end of a 9-0 penalty count to get parra back in the game.

the semi against canberra was again gutsy and considering the circumstances (away, at a sold out ground against a team who had won 8 out of their last 9 or something with a injury depleted and mentally drained team) it was brilliant. once again we were the better team.

If Campese didn't go down with a busted knee we would have lost & been bundled out of the finals in straight sets. No one would be mentioning how we came within one point of the eventual premiers. We were very lucky to get away with some of our wins last year. There were not many games last year were I personally felt confident of a definite win, the sharks game at Leichardt we almost lost was one of the only ones. We were lucky last year to finish where we did, without a big improvment this year we could easily miss the top 8.

westie

Bench
And if Ellis gets even one of those 3 trys against the roosters we belt them and get a saloon passage to the GF where we come in without the massive fatigue factor.

N.C.

Juniors
Yeeah but you can't deny we had some close calls that we shouldn't have... Given how close the contest for the top 8 is, and the fact that Melbourne were out of the running, we should not be resting on any laurels right now. That said I will be expecting to see the Tigers running around in September again this year - unless we are torn apart by injury.

Mader45

Juniors
the sign of a good team is who can win the close pressure cooker games, your theory is completely floored.

I thought the sign of a good team would be one that wins and wins convincingly. Like St George did in most games.

I don't know where you get your floored theory from but playing good while consistently letting the other team back in it to nearly win it as often as we did isn't good.

Vic Mackey

Referee
And at the end of the day the dragons won a whole 2 more games then us during the year.

No team is going to win every game convincingly, coming from the garbage we've put up with for the last four seasons I was happy to win and win ugly.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Campese didn't go down with a busted knee we would have lost & been bundled out of the finals in straight sets. No one would be mentioning how we came within one point of the eventual premiers. We were very lucky to get away with some of our wins last year. There were not many games last year were I personally felt confident of a definite win, the sharks game at Leichardt we almost lost was one of the only ones. We were lucky last year to finish where we did, without a big improvment this year we could easily miss the top 8.

And if Daniela, Ellis and marshall didn't go down against easts we have beaten them, had a week off and play the winner of raiders and warriors at our home ground to make the grand final

Mader45

Juniors
At least there's one consistency in all these posts.

We all think we're a great team and 06-09 were underachieving results compared to our potential.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Consistency -

We know how good we can be - lets be consistent for the whole year.

If we do this, results will take care of themselves.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fact is, we lost the majority of those close games from 2006-2009

2010 we finally swung the fortune our way.

All we need in 2011 is a much much much more improved defensive effort.

Defence has been the thorn in the Tigers side for many, many seasons.

The fact that we have only had one season since 2000 where we let in less than 500 points (2009 - even then we let in 483) is just not good enough.

in 2010, we ranked 8th in defence and 6th in attack.

The fact we finished 3rd on the ladder says that we over achieved.

Borat.

Juniors

SMH!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people are never happy....

I guess if Ty williams hadn't have thrown that pass ingoal in 2005 we would have lost...no one would be talking about benji's try....

GET A GRIP!!

We did very well in close games last year. I'd rather be the 2010 Tigers in a close game who score an ugly win, than the 2006-2009 Tigers who have no idea what is going on, and can't decide whether to go for the field goal or the try and effectively set up for neither.

We were within 1 point of making the grand final, and if we play a similar style and have a good run with injuries this year we will be right amongst it again. I'd rather make the grand final than score a few slick tries and miss the semis.

netic

Juniors
How many negative people are there on here, saying if this happened and that happened.

In the end we got to the prem final and out up a solid showing.

We won some games ugly but we won them, this year we have a good squad and why people keep concentrating on the negatives i will never know.

Get a grip and lets be positive, and yes i know we were all positive between 2006 - 2009 and it didnt get us anything, but last year it did, so be happy

Bricey

Juniors
dogs away - win
warriors home - win
raiders home - win
roosters away - loss
rabbits home - win
titans away - loss
broncos home - win
raiders away - win
bye
rabbits away - win
panthers home - win
dragons away - loss
knights home - win
warriors away - loss
storm home - win
dogs home - win
Bye
Parra away - win
cows away- win
roosters home - win
manly away - loss
dragons home - win
panthers away - win
parra home - win
titans home- win
sharks home - win

19 wins, 2 byes.... 42 comp points and enough to win minor premiorship

with our squad we should be able to beat panthers, dogs, parra and rabbits twice. but our patch HAS to be a fort!

N.C.

Juniors
How many negative people are there on here, saying if this happened and that happened.

In the end we got to the prem final and out up a solid showing.

We won some games ugly but we won them, this year we have a good squad and why people keep concentrating on the negatives i will never know.

Get a grip and lets be positive, and yes i know we were all positive between 2006 - 2009 and it didnt get us anything, but last year it did, so be happy
Everybody is happy. It's just that some people are a little bit deluded as well.

GO YOU TIGERS!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are 10 teams in the comp who have won more games against us than they have lost
Parramatta - We've won 7 of 18 games
Bulldogs - We've won 9 of 20 games
Dragons - We've won 9 of 20 games
Melbourne - We've won 7 of 19 games (have lost every game in Melbourne)
Penrith - We've won 5 of 19 games
Roosters - We've won 7 of 18 games
Brisbane - We've won 4 of 17 games
Warriors - we've won 8 of 17 games
Manly - we've won 6 of 15 games
Titans - we've won 3 of 7 games

we only have 7 venues with a win % of 50% or higher
Gosford - 3 wins and 1 loss
Shark Park - 6 wins, a draw and 2 losses
Homebush - 2 wins and a loss
WIN - 2 wins and a loss
Leichhardt - 29 wins, 1 draw and 16 losses
Bruce - 6 wins and 6 losses
Newcastle - 4 wins and 4 losses

We got some hoodoo's we need to break this year
*Penrith, Parramatta and Brisbane's dominance over us.
*No wins in Melbourne
*only 1 win in 4 trips to the Gold Coast
*Only 3 wins in 11 games in Nth Qld
*Only 1 win in 8 games at Brookvale
*A 40% win percentage at Campbelltown

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are 10 teams in the comp who have won more games against us than they have lost
Parramatta - We've won 7 of 18 games
Bulldogs - We've won 9 of 20 games
Dragons - We've won 9 of 20 games
Melbourne - We've won 7 of 19 games (have lost every game in Melbourne)
Penrith - We've won 5 of 19 games
Roosters - We've won 7 of 18 games
Brisbane - We've won 4 of 17 games
Warriors - we've won 8 of 17 games
Manly - we've won 6 of 15 games
Titans - we've won 3 of 7 games

we only have 7 venues with a win % of 50% or higher
Gosford - 3 wins and 1 loss
Shark Park - 6 wins, a draw and 2 losses
Homebush - 2 wins and a loss
WIN - 2 wins and a loss
Leichhardt - 29 wins, 1 draw and 16 losses
Bruce - 6 wins and 6 losses
Newcastle - 4 wins and 4 losses

We got some hoodoo's we need to break this year
*Penrith, Parramatta and Brisbane's dominance over us.
*No wins in Melbourne
*only 1 win in 4 trips to the Gold Coast
*Only 3 wins in 11 games in Nth Qld
*Only 1 win in 8 games at Brookvale
*A 40% win percentage at Campbelltown