What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
my wife grew up a supporter has disassociated a bit as it just pisses her off how shit we are.

Still when the worst thing in life is your shit footy team life isn’t too bad.

Mines a Roosters supporter so she doesn’t really have much of a concept of supporting a consistently poor team that can’t just buy their way out of any trouble.

Knight Tales

Bench
We all turn up for our lashing every week. It's just the way it is. I've often wondered why we do, but we do.
We are good people. And this football club’s management does not deserve us. But that is the pain we commit to. It is too bad the players do not feel the pain in their souls like we do. Maybe I am wrong there. I often wonder if the pressure of not letting this city down is too much. I don’t believe they go out to lose like this. An approach like Ciraldo’s to recruitment would be ok by me short term. Get some quality veterans and hope it holds for a few years until the kids are ready.

Woody90

Juniors
KPP is a shadow of the player he was at the start of the year. Guy hasn’t cracked 100m since round 9. No tries and one linebreak in 17 matches.

He’s becoming a Knights forward. He needs to get out before we destroy all of his talent.

perverse

Referee
...I'm tired man...

The only solace is the fact that you guys are all gluttons for punishment just like I am.

giphy.gif

Time for the f̸̟̊͘ͅǫ̵̑ò̷̫̚t̵͉͛b̵̩̓̿a̶̢̙̎̋l̵̦̙̽͌l̶̢̿͂

Rod

Bench
A couple of comments about how we were never in it and weren't up for it. I would argue we were in it for the first 20. Defence was on. Problem is once we go 1-2 tries behind it feels hopeless with the state of our attack. And we're incapable of switching up the gameplan, well at least not until we were 26 behind.

Not to single the bloke out as he's a gun and will be fine but that Leo dropped ball was a killer. We'd just repelled multiple sets and were still 0-0 and he just dropped it cold, and they scored immediately after.

perverse

Referee
A couple of comments about how we were never in it and weren't up for it. I would argue we were in it for the first 20. Defence was on. Problem is once we go 1-2 tries behind it feels hopeless with the state of our attack. And we're incapable of switching up the gameplan, well at least not until we were 26 behind.

Not to single the bloke out as he's a gun and will be fine but that Leo dropped ball was a killer. We'd just repelled multiple sets and were still 0-0 and he just dropped it cold, and they scored immediately after.
There were just too many errors during that period and it took a lot of gas out of the tank. We did defend well for that period, but we never even looked like troubling them, we were just hanging in there.