What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2014 - Your side

Dazzat

First Grade
Only saw Baptiste play a few times, but he reminded me of Isaac Luke in terms of is short stature, very nippy, and very creative - and a good defender.

If the club has lost him, the finger should be pointed at coach Griffin for continually choosing Ben Hunt on the bench.

In fact, that on-going selection policy not only cost us the season of 2013, but a couple of good players as well.

DeeJ

Bench
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...nselling-by-club/story-fniabjcr-1226754097868

McCullough officially the fittest at the club. Probably doesn't mean much, but I'd really like to see him play big minutes. This season is his crossroads for mine.

McCullough is looking more and more like an athlete which hopefully is a sign of professionalism. I don't think its necessary for him to play 80min especially when we have a x factor style hooker on the bench but it's a benefit. I would like Coach Griffin to actually watch the game, if Macca is having a blinder - leave him on there. Play it by ear, not by schedule.

Also surprised to see Hannant coming second in the beep test, lol. Well done to him.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
McCullough is looking more and more like an athlete which hopefully is a sign of professionalism. I don't think its necessary for him to play 80min especially when we have a x factor style hooker on the bench but it's a benefit. I would like Coach Griffin to actually watch the game, if Macca is having a blinder - leave him on there. Play it by ear, not by schedule.

Also surprised to see Hannant coming second in the beep test, lol. Well done to him.

I'm not sure why there is such a big push for Macca to play the full 80. I think Macca is pretty ordinary, why would you want that for 80 minutes? You need to be a pretty top class hooker to play 80 minutes.

As you say, some games Macca was really having a blinder and then got taken off. I agree that Hook needs to be more flexible here.

How did Hannant come 2nd in the beep test?! How many players were doing it, like 3? :p

AceAv

Juniors
I seem to remember Hannant chasing down a try saver when one of the opposing sides backs scooped up a loose ball and was away!

Oh and agree about playing it by ear with Griffin and Macca. His form does change week to week so Griff needs to be a better interchange coach and mix this up.

Thank god it's not Wallace apprehensivly jogging into dummy half next year now at least. Can't wait to see more Granville.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
Mmm ... the Broncos have a video piece on Zac Strasser on their website.

Maybe I like reading between the lines too much, but is this code for, "We've missed out on Milford"?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Mmm ... the Broncos have a video piece on Zac Strasser on their website.

Maybe I like reading between the lines too much, but is this code for, "We've missed out on Milford"?

Thanks for sharing Dazzat.

I don't think this necessarily means we missed out on Milford. I recall quite a few of these types of videos for lesser known/new players. I think the Broncos are pretty good with acquainting fans with the new players.

But who knows what's going on with the Milford situation.... I don't even think Milford knows :p

On that note, just watched the Stewart mills welcome video too. He's hilariously candid about getting booted from Cronulla. Had a few subtle swipes at them. Unfortunately I think he will be as much of a flop as his new hairstyle he's sporting. Hoping strasser goes well but won't hold my breath :(

Dazzat

First Grade
Even Albert Kelly, who started in his first year with the Gold Coast this year, had a few chances in other NRL clubs. Coming from Q Cup to the NRL is a huge jump.

DCE has achieved much in his two years in the NRL (correct me if I'm wrong if its two years), but he was an absolute stand-out in the QCup, something that Strasser is not.

AceAv

Juniors
Pretty sure this is year 3. But DCE has fast become my favourite player taking over from Billy Slater which is not an easy accomplishment!

I wouldn't give up on Milfy, wasn't everyone holding their breath for a possible announcement post the world cup.

Speaking of WC -man how good was that pass from Parker in the last try vs USA, so good to see snr player introduce new levels of depth in their game!

Thaiday is also playing better and I hope this tour will re-invigorate the Slammin' Sam of old for season 14...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Parker's pass was an absolute cracker!!!

I think Sam has been a bit better too, but has a long way to go to get to where our team needs him to be imo.

Hench

Juniors
1. Ben Barba
2. Dale Copley
3. Jack Reed
4. Daniel Vidot
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Zach Strasser
7. Ben Hunt
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Martin Kennedy