What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021 Trials

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m stumped on who plays #6 whilst AD is suspended though. I have no faith in mbye but atleast he has experience. Madden can probably do the job as I thought he played solid without being spectacular, but still a work in progress. And Laurie just absolutely needs to be our fullback

I’m leaning towards Mbye at #6, but after round 1 no idea where he fits in
Id luv to c madden at 6 but agree with u in that he’s a work in progress & Madge won’t take risks against his formidable old club on their turf.
Laurie must b a certainty at fullback hence Mbye will most likely b the 6.However when everyone is available Mbye doesn’t make my 17.

Fordy20

Juniors
People probably thought the same think about Papenhuyzen. I'm just glad we're benefitting from other clubs development, like Eels and Panthers.

After Round 1, I'd like to see Mbye on the bench instead of Simpkin. That way Simpkin can get some match fitness starting in NSW Cup and work on his combination with Jock Madden. Plus, Jacob Liddle has had a horror run with injuries so if he cops one again, it would be great if Simpkin could slot straight in.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
People probably thought the same think about Papenhuyzen. I'm just glad we're benefitting from other clubs development, like Eels and Panthers.

After Round 1, I'd like to see Mbye on the bench instead of Simpkin. That way Simpkin can get some match fitness starting in NSW Cup and work on his combination with Jock Madden. Plus, Jacob Liddle has had a horror run with injuries so if he cops one again, it would be great if Simpkin could slot straight in.
Yes, I would like to 4 big grunts on the bench, but do think they will have a utility player and Mbye is the best we have.

Das Hassler

Bench
That’s it, who is going to call it, we will win the premiership this year:joy::joy::joy:

Me!
52 to 18!!....there's never been anything like it....nobody's seen anything like it
..at 7pm last night we were winning the competition..by a LOT...frankly we DID win the comoetition. ..lots of fraudulent points will mysteriously start coming in for the other very lo rate teams. ..watch it happen..the lamestream media won't talk about it...we won by a landslide...record win..no one's ever won by over 50 before...No 1...all time record....biggest win ever. ..stop the fraud comp now!

The elephant in the room seems to be bj.

I’m not sure he simply waltzes back into the side without some kerfuffle.

Whereas Blorey has smug pedigree.

I’m throwing it out there for comment if anybody is interested.

I saw a squad of players fighting hard for spots. It was rich and vibrant.

We broke Custy’s thumb accidentally. I wish him a speedy and whole recovery. Great player.

Tigerm

First Grade

I think BJ will start (if fit) but he would have seen yesterday that he doesn’t own the position any longer.

I think BJ will start (if fit) but he would have seen yesterday that he doesn’t own the position any longer.

I’m not so sure.

There was a certain vibe or dynamic out there, even Packer cocked his leg up and was marking his territory.

Bj is somewhat unstable.Of course we don’t want Lucy upset.

Its the crap in his game we don’t need a la edwards

Whoever signed Momo should be knighted.

I reckon we buy him back and use him for another up-trade before he actually plays and might be found out.

Knowing our luck he’s the next Nado!

Tiger05

First Grade

We broke Custy’s thumb accidentally. I wish him a speedy and whole recovery. Great player.

I think they both come into the team if fit and ready. Talau and Garner to drop out.

The Rosco

Bench
The "new look" BJ . . . much trimmer and raring to play . . is hopefully sitting back after watching the team going around yesterday, and reminding himself of doing the right thing when he gets his chance on the field.
Because there are other capable players lined up for his spot.
You'd hope he has no more dickhead explosions.
You'd hope he'd see the potential for his own success, this year and maybe beyond.
You'd hope he saw what his brother did, and wants to be a part of something "Leilua brothers" special.
I hope I'm not being too hopeful. But if he had the determination to lose all that weight, hopefully that translates to better application on field.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's very hard not to get excited, but it is probably the quintessential Wests Tigers move to put on a show and make the fans feel good about the year, then get flogged the next week because our heads were to big to play footy.

It was a trial and Manly were criminally understrength. Lets not blow our collective loads just yet.

Canberra and Roosters always fkn beat us. I genuinely can't remember the last time we won against Canberra, and there was maybe that one time we beat Roosters in what was realistically a fluke. A win against both of these teams in Rd 1-2 would be huge --- a cause for a legit blowing of said loads.

WA Tiger

Bench

That was last year. Obviously with BJs weight loss, Roberts in the backline and it being the final year of BJs current contract, there’s every reason to be optimistic..

No the elephant in the room is still Brooks..Apart from his great kick for the Roberts try he was the same old shovel the ball on without creating anything at all on the 5th tackle (except pass it to Luciano) .. as B’ Jim stated we will get found out against better opposition

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
The blind side could have been used better in the trial..The number of times I saw in shot Liddle passing the ball away from the Jet just so Brookes could get the ball..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
We should have traded Talau for JAC while we had the chance

With all due respect this is such a stupid comment. Who said we could do this ? It doesn't work like that.

Happy to criticize the club with facts but made up trade conditions that no one has a clue about just don't cut it.

How good has the club gone over the last couple of off seasons in relation to recruitment and retention.