What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers fullback Daine Laurie and halfback Luke Brooks have both claimed the club’s Kelly-Barnes Medal for the 2021 NRL Player of the Year Award.

Tiger05

First Grade
This club’s continued fascination and support of Luke Brooks will ensure we continue to flounder the arse end of the competition.
There has to be alterior motives that we are not privy to. Maybe the board is trying to dissolve the merger and are recreating the plot for The Producers?

Bullshit. Stay off the drugs if you are on them and if not you need to get onto something to balance things out.

The sad thing is Brooks was one of our better players last season. I know you will probably lose the plot with this comment but it's the truth. He played nearly every game and he was decent in a number of those games. It's a voting system so he gets points more often than other players.

I think it shows more the lack of talent in our squad. We just don't have enough quality players who played all year. I think AD or Laurie take that award if they didn't get injured last year but it is what it is.

It was a shit year. Brooks yet again didn't stand up when it counted. He still gets the award because of the voting system.

stryker

First Grade
Bullshit. Stay off the drugs if you are on them and if not you need to get onto something to balance things out.

The sad thing is Brooks was one of our better players last season. I know you will probably lose the plot with this comment but it's the truth. He played nearly every game and he was decent in a number of those games. It's a voting system so he gets points more often than other players.

I think it shows more the lack of talent in our squad. We just don't have enough quality players who played all year. I think AD or Laurie take that award if they didn't get injured last year but it is what it is.

It was a shit year. Brooks yet again didn't stand up when it counted. He still gets the award because of the voting system.
You are the druggo pal LMFAO!
Brooks is dogshit and everyone in Rugby League bar his little fan club know it.
Punt the merkin.

Tiger05

First Grade
You are the druggo pal LMFAO!
Brooks is dogshit and everyone in Rugby League bar his little fan club know it.
Punt the merkin.

My current career is as a self employed recreational drug tester and I like it. Nothing at all to do with being a druggo.

I'm not supporting Brooks anymore. I'm just not creating conspiracy theories to state why he got the award when it's obvious why.

What a shithouse year. The good thing is we are on the up. We've made so many quality signings next year is going to be a big one.

Tigerm

First Grade

SHOOSH​

Which Wests Tigers players are blowing up deluxe about halfback Luke Brooks being named as the club’s player of the year? They all thought – and we agree – that Adam Doueihi was clearly the more deserving of the award. The judges were Michael Maguire, Adam Hartigan and Danny Stapleton. Doueihi finished eighth in the Dally M Awards with 20 points.

JB04

Juniors
I reckon they gave him player of the year to make him attractive to other clubs.

He's now claimed it 3 times. Can't for the life of me work out why this club absolutely sucks..

Fordy20

Juniors
It makes sense, if Brooks has claimed the award 3 times, it just goes to show the calibre of the players around him. Besides, if the club genuinely wanted to get rid of Brooks, they could have done so easily. The Cowboys paid $800k for a 30yr old Chad Townsend and before they did that Todd Payten was vocal in his admiration for Brooks. There is a dearth of halfbacks running around at the moment, which is why Brad Arthur is getting Warren Ryan and Andrew Johns to teach Mitchell Moses rather than just waiting for a junior prodigy to emerge fresh from the mud and hope that someone that talented would be willing to sign with our clusterf**k of a club.

BrotherJim05

Bench
In Ivan's full year at WT, Brooks was f**king awesome. He had him playing to his strengths and rediscovered his short kicking game. Even at his best though, his game management isn't great. During this time Benji was doing a lot of the game managing through last tackle options.

Unfortunately Brooks has completely regressed under Madge. I'm not saying its either of their fault, but clearly something isn't working.

I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that a fully fit and firing Doeuihi needs to be wearing the 6 jersey.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
In Ivan's full year at WT, Brooks was f**king awesome. He had him playing to his strengths and rediscovered his short kicking game. Even at his best though, his game management isn't great. During this time Benji was doing a lot of the game managing through last tackle options.

Unfortunately Brooks has completely regressed under Madge. I'm not saying its either of their fault, but clearly something isn't working.

I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that a fully fit and firing Doeuihi needs to be wearing the 6 jersey.

For the upcoming season, unless a miracle happens and we sign a prime Joey Johns or similar we are stuck with a Brooks / Hastings combo. Me personally I would like to see Hastings control both sides of the field and let Brooks roll off the back of him. Less responsibility on Brooks shoulders the better IMO

say by mid season we are comfortably in the 8, Brooks and Hastings are gelling well….where does that leave Doueihi?

For the upcoming season, unless a miracle happens and we sign a prime Joey Johns or similar we are stuck with a Brooks / Hastings combo. Me personally I would like to see Hastings control both sides of the field and let Brooks roll off the back of him. Less responsibility on Brooks shoulders the better IMO

say by mid season we are comfortably in the 8, Brooks and Hastings are gelling well….where does that leave Doueihi?

I agree with the overall sentiment regarding Brooksy especially.

AD can play many positions in the backs (like Hastings) but he must start, whatever the cost, unless we are leading the comp.

We can also rotate during the game as well to unsettle defences because AD is premium strike and can be relied upon.

If anything, Brooks is in danger and at the first sign of him breaking down, I’m ready for him to play off the bench. No more 9 rounds to get his head into the season.

Lol Lucy the Marquee. I still can’t believe it.

Last edited: