What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

WA Tiger

Bench
From Tamau “And this year I’ve learnt more about myself, I’ve learnt how to be a better human and leader,”
What a load of fluff …(he doesn’t have the balls to elaborate or they would have printed it) prob says a lot about him…and the “the difference is the standards of training”…what does that mean James. Elaborate ! a bit like Madges “at times I feel like I don’t know if I can fix it ” sooky crap he came out with about a year ago

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I've been pro Madge all year until last weekend which broke the bubble for me. Even in the past 10 years where we have missed the finals this side has still shown effort and fight. This year there are players who just are not putting in. So that means Madge can't get the best out of certain players. That means really he is an average coach. At Souths he had a lot of stars for an NRL team.

Take nofo. He went from one of the best years to being average. The fact the senior players are our worst consistantly means his style of coaching doesn't work. I've heard the Bellemey you see in the box is different at training and he can't be more like Bennett where he is like a father figure.

In the past when we concede 40+ points it's at the end of games. This year the damage is done when the team is at its least tired. Then what pisses me off is we have scored a lot of points late in games which tells me we are oddly a fit team and our poor first halves are just effort areas where players are hoping the guy next to them makes the effort. I think now Madge isn't the answer but Brooks, Nofo, Tamou, Roberts, BJ, MBye are not the answer either. These guys have played enough to at least know the effort that is required. The effort is coming from those who have only played less then 20 games and are still raw.
100% and good post

Pezz70

Juniors
Not really any end in sight from the Tigers site this is the nucleus of the side and the length left on contract:
4 seasons - Nofo
3 seasons: Musgrove, Jake Simpkin
2 seasons: Blore, Brooks, Doueihi, Gildart, Hastings, Kepoa, Laurie, Liddle, Maumolo, Ofahegaue, Seyfarth, Tuki Simpkins, Utiokamanu
1 season: Luciano, Madden, Mikaele, Talau, Tamou, Tuilagi, Twal

Gone: Walters, BJ, Packer, Mbye, Cini, Chee Kam, Amone, Roberts

Without some really strong pickups I can’t see any near term light at the end of the tunnel. Our forays into the market place have been underwhelming thus far

Not sure if the west’s site has been updated recently

Tigerm

First Grade
This how you do it?

Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes offered the former Red Devils forward to Man City after they missed out top target Harry Kane, but City dropped out of the race on Friday.

That allowed United to make a bid to bring the 36-year-old back to Old Trafford, where he starred between 2003 and 2009. It is understood the deal which has been agreed is for an initial £13 million (€15m/$18m) with add-ons of up to £7m (€8m/$9m).

Tigerm

First Grade
A disappointing season for sure, the winnable games that we lost are really hard to take.

But we don’t follow this club because they are successful, I believe it will change sooner rather later, like all of you, I’ll be back next year, hoping.

Perth Tiger

Bench
One thing I did learn today from Jooper is if you're quiet on a plane it means there is a rift. Next time someone is asleep next to me on a plane I will complain to the air hostess.
His ability to read body language on a plane in Qld from his lounge in Sydney is amazing

Das Hassler

Bench
Watching the eels v panthers. ...first time ever i find myself going for the eels. ...not sure exactly why and it doesn't help me enjoy the game any more