What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season defining Game

Special K

Coach
I do not think this is a season defining game and I do not think we will win. Our next win will be against the Cowboys to give us 8th place.

webShark

I do not think this is a season defining game and I do not think we will win. Our next win will be against the Cowboys to give us 8th place.

Correct. Depending on other results we might not even need to win against the Cowboys either. Win against Souths a bonus. We win on Saturday could get momentum to win all 3. Being a Sharks fan has its drawbacks and plusses. When we win you can't be confident we will win next game. The bonus is , we lose and next game we can surprise and turn it around. The good news , we can beat anyone. The bad news , we can lose to anyone. Just have to hope the Good Sharks turn up Round 1 of the finals.

carinashark

First Grade
If we loose this game we put ourselves in the hands of others , re the top 8. Win and we say somthing about what we can do. I dont think the Bunnies are unbeatable, there is a win there for us especialy at home. Play smart and hard , see how things turn out. Yes kick the ball away from GI and dead , hit hard in defence .

shaggs

Coach
We just need to defend like we want to kill blokes. Like we did against the Broncos those few weeks ago. Even then if we lose we know the other side will be busted up for their next game. Go out swinging as they say.

Plastered

Juniors
My 1 second analysis of why we are where we are this season compared to previous seasons - ball control & discipline.

carinashark

First Grade
Well we are here because we won that 'season defining game' and its a great feeling!
Defeat the Cowboys and we become the team that spoils a lot of parties. Next stop Storm good luck us it will be a great test to see where we are in development. Whatever happens its been a season of suprises and success .

DJShaksta

First Grade
We have to dictate terms
Win the arm wrestle
Convert field position to points

Any other clichés to throw in?? LoL

Oh I asked Laurie Daley and he reckons if the Sharks out score the Raiders we'll go a long way towards winning the game!!!!

Feej

First Grade
Against what would be my usual instincts, I'm quietly confident about today.

We have a few players that know what it takes to win these sort of games on deck this year, and I get the feeling that the raiders might think they have it all sewn up after beating that rabble in NZ last week.

When the whips get cracking, I think we'll aim up and bash them all over the park. Well I hope so anyway. :)

Vin Fizz

Bench
Oh I asked Laurie Daley and he reckons if the Sharks out score the Raiders we'll go a long way towards winning the game!!!!

Hahahaha. Really we should have a permanent thread for commentary / commentators gold. I heard Wally say last night "... the only time that the conditions on the Townsville ground are wet is'......when it rains". Ohhhh yeah........

Frenzy.

Post Whore
This is definitely a season defining game.. FIRE UP!!!

Yes, for the loser.

Now I know that you are saying it is season defining for the Sharks and that you mean they must win. What if they do. How is the season defined after this if the Sharks win? A success? That'd be an early call with a game to go.

Nuh, sorry, it's not a SDG until the result is known.

Pedantic much :)

You betcha

Vin Fizz

Bench
Have to say it is for the victor as well. If it's us we can say that we have the metle to play away from home in hostile territory in a sudden death situation in a game that , despite the odds which are way overs for us fair dinkum, we should win. We haven't been able to say that for a while. I'd define that as a very positive outcome and we will be all the better for it next week.