What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season defining Game

carinashark

First Grade
Us , no attack, guys out ,at home to a tough team with plenty of player options and skills. I think we will be but a speed hump for Souths. On the bright side we have over performed this season and will be much better next season with new players joining the side.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Yeah, we need to sending traffic at Reynolds all night.
Someone needs to put Sutton on his backside early to put him back into his shell.
Do not kick to Inglis, kick it dead or over the side, but don't kick to that fugger on the full.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Yeah, we need to sending traffic at Reynolds all night.
Someone needs to put Sutton on his backside early to put him back into his shell.
Do not kick to Inglis, kick it dead or over the side, but don't kick to that fugger on the full.

This

Get our big boys to run at Reynolds. Just watch out for Isaac leg breaker Luke.

Weaponhead

Coach
Exactly. We need to turn it into a physical battle and beat them with aggression. Make Inglis turn to chase kicks and make sure the chase moves up and hits him hard. Reynolds needs to make 25 tackles and Dave Taylor needs to be hit hard by Gallen, Smith or Bryce Gibbs early.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Exactly. We need to turn it into a physical battle and beat them with aggression. Make Inglis turn to chase kicks and make sure the chase moves up and hits him hard. Reynolds needs to make 25 tackles and Dave Taylor needs to be hit hard by Gallen, Smith or Bryce Gibbs early.

he will only run at our smaller guys like Stapo and Leutele. He wouldnt dare run at one of our bigger boys.

GreatWhiteShark

Juniors
Interesting stat on the preview on NRL.com - we have not lost a game at home this season to a team currently in the eight.

Could point to a good performance. Here's hoping!

Quigs

Immortal
I think we blew it about the 4th or 5th of those SDG's.

How good is that? .... SDG's (season defining games)

Might have to use them in OWTIANY (that's Oh Well There Is Always Next Year)

Frenzy.

Post Whore
SDGs

Some newspaper hack will steal that before season's end Quigs. You old trailblazer!

Quigs

Immortal
Itz me English 5, Gymea High edukation Cap'n.

Knowing the level of our Murdoch Rag reporters they will probably have SDGs as a sexually transmitted 'D'

Hanscholo

Bench
I picked the sharks, I think Newcastle are going a hell of a lot better than people think. I also think that South's are about to do a number on themselves mentally. Sharks have shown with Gallen and Carney both in that they can hurt any side.

wolverine

Juniors
Interesting stat, South Sydney haven’t beaten a team that held a spot in the top eight since Round 9.

carinashark

First Grade
Getting them on their backsides early and running at Reynolds is the way to play them but we will need points and without Wade at lock we will not have that extra ball player. Our benchies could be the answer if they can step up. I don't think we will know what the answer is until 2013.

Inferno

Coach
Why not employ the strategy the tits used against the Storm last year. Boot the f**k out of it, make it go dead every time thus limiting the time Inglis can run the ball back.

Card Shark

Immortal
Why not employ the strategy the tits used against the Storm last year. Boot the f**k out of it, make it go dead every time thus limiting the time Inglis can run the ball back.

Good in theory but we are lucky to get a long kick away lately, with charge downs & kicking it down the opponents throat. We need to mix it up a bit.

TRIALS

Juniors
Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has ruled out rushing Nathan Gardner (knee) back against South Sydney tomorrow night.
Gardner, who has been sidelined since round six, is likely to play in the NSW Cup for Cronulla against Canterbury tomorrow.
Wade Graham will miss up to two weeks with a sternum injury, while centre Ben Pomeroy is expected to return next Monday night against the Storm.
The Rabbitohs are yet to decide on the make-up of their bench, with Roy Asotasi a chance of making his comeback.