What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Launch debacle

yadamisha

Juniors
I think they read the room perfectly - by far the preferred PM and would still win an election if called now. Would have been more controversial if they had not invited him! We need Federal money for the CoE.

No issue from me.

I think they read the room perfectly - by far the preferred PM and would still win an election if called now. Would have been more controversial if they had not invited him! We need Federal money for the CoE.

No issue from me.
Exactly

i dunno if we will get it tho. the sports and the rorts

You blokes would boo Santa
I never liked Santa and I've always hated Morrison.
If he (Morrison) had his way the club would have never been able to get the development and thus we'd be dead in the water.
The way some of you cheer him on as the "number 1 supporter" is laughable, yeah lets cheer the guy who was against the proposal to keep the Sharks alive.

Weaponhead

Coach
I never liked Santa and I've always hated Morrison.
If he (Morrison) had his way the club would have never been able to get the development and thus we'd be dead in the water.
The way some of you cheer him on as the "number 1 supporter" is laughable, yeah lets cheer the guy who was against the proposal to keep the Sharks alive.
Yes. He is a politician first and foremost. Was nowhere to be found when the club was on its knees as he didn't think there were votes in it. Happy to be associated with the club when it helps his image. The Sharks should use him as much he uses the Sharks. That's the game.

Ads

First Grade
The sharks are using him more than he’s using us. You think he or the club give a shit about each other really? It’s all marketing and he brings eyeballs.

Remember when we had Elle as our no 1 ticket holder.

Who else has been the no 1 ticket holder over the years, for some reason I think we had Peter Costello

yadamisha

Juniors
The sharks are using him more than he’s using us. You think he or the club give a shit about each other really? It’s all marketing and he brings eyeballs.

Exactly

Remember when we had Elle as our no 1 ticket holder.

Who else has been the no 1 ticket holder over the years, for some reason I think we had Peter Costello

Correct - that's how we got the Monty Porter Stand!

Yes. He is a politician first and foremost. Was nowhere to be found when the club was on its knees as he didn't think there were votes in it. Happy to be associated with the club when it helps his image. The Sharks should use him as much he uses the Sharks. That's the game.
Spot on, Morrison isn’t a Sharks man he just uses them for his image but we should absolutely use him.

sharkman73

Juniors

He's our number 1 ticket holder. Don't think anyone here believes he's our number 1 supporter.

Massive difference between the two.

taipan

Referee
He’s a dickhead but the shire loves him.

Did they get Craig Kelly as well?

Because you say so, then it must be right.
Not all in the Shire love him, but more than enough to get the No 1 ticket holder gig.I'll settle for any Cook representative( regardless of the party ),because he or she is supposedly there to "represent."
Last I heard Kelly is now independent.

taipan

Referee
The reaction to the “Loonie Left” is mostly a moral panic.

It’s a deflection from spending time on real issues.

You’re being used

Yet you reacted by calling a polly you dislike a "dickhead".
No party has a monopoly on the moral high ground, here or anywhere.
Politicians are intended to be used, they supposedly represent their electorates.
Any politician who represents the Shire (regardless of party )and gives publicity and support to the Sharks ,is Ok in my books.

Ads

First Grade
Yet you reacted by calling a polly you dislike a "dickhead".
No party has a monopoly on the moral high ground, here or anywhere.
Politicians are intended to be used, they supposedly represent their electorates.
Any politician who represents the Shire (regardless of party )and gives publicity and support to the Sharks ,is Ok in my books.
Yep. It’s a transaction. Marketing. Simple stuff.

Better to have ScMo then note, and Dino seems pretty close to him.

We have also seen at sharks game since ScoMo PM leaders of foreign countries at the game, that's good PR for the sharks

Marchad

Juniors
What is wrong with having Scomo there. It’s not like he did the touchy-feely stuff himself. Unlike what Bill Shorten did to that young girl many years ago and Dictator Dan telling the Victorian police not to investigate