What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Officially Over

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
You can't blame Adam Dykes for that loss. Sure, he played poor, but who didn't?

It was a otally disgraceful effort for a club supposed to be fighting for a finals berth. Totally pathetic.

I blame Brian Smith. Where was the fire in the boys? The game plan? Why are we not a top 4 club with so many internationals?

Smith has to go.
I have no idea why this topic was resurrected, but I remember this guy. He used to hijack nearly every topic on the old parraeels.com message boards with anti-Brian Smith rants.

Random Poster: I bought some chips and a Coke at Parra Stadium the other day and it cost me nearly 12 bucks. A bit steep I reckon.

Misty: Blame Brian Smith. He's at fault! No defence, no attack, no game plan and expensive potatoes! A pox on him and his family! He has to go now! Etc, etc,etc...

Ah, good times.:lol:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
You can see I hadno love for Adam Dykes. Why did we ever sign him? And Cayless was woeful but I am happy to say he did improve and I think that with more passing before the line and offloads he will spearhead the forwards this year.

I am just happy that I was in one of these flashbacks. Been posting for so long that I felt it had to come soon.

Anyone want to find the threads where I said Tim Smith wasn't ready for first grade and Ben Smith is the player to watch from the reserve grade backline.

Stagger eel

Staff member
You can see I hadno love for Adam Dykes. Why did we ever sign him? And Cayless was woeful but I am happy to say he did improve and I think that with more passing before the line and offloads he will spearhead the forwards this year.

I am just happy that I was in one of these flashbacks. Been posting for so long that I felt it had to come soon.

Anyone want to find the threads where I said Tim Smith wasn't ready for first grade and Ben Smith is the player to watch from the reserve grade backline.

I want to find the post where you wanted Mick Vella to play on the wing...:lol:

DeanPay98

Juniors
Actually given that we had a weak squad to begin with and that Hindmarsh, Cayless, Lyon, Dykes, Paul Green and Burt were all injured for significant parts of the season we did well to come 9th. We'd also lost Ian Hindmarsh, Ryan and Drew at the end of 2002 thereby weakening the forward pack. Our 2003 and 2004 squads weren't really first grade standard.

Then in 2005 Roy Masters said that what we had was two very good reserve grade squads... and we finished Minor Premiers!

jeff27

Juniors
sorry boys. needed to get my posts up to 20 fast so i can post a link. thought of the fastest way was to bring back an old forum :lol: not so smart.

bazza

Immortal
Good thread
I went down to Melbourne for that game - and I blame Dykes - what a terrible player

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I want to find the post where you wanted Mick Vella to play on the wing...:lol:

That was a joke but not as loony as some other suggestions I have seen that were meant to be taken seriously

Or the one where I said Hayne would never be anything but a reserve grade player.

I remember that. I said that Inu and Tautai were better players. At the time Hayne just looked lazy. But I do remember saying it more like if Hayne would have to improve out of sight and he did.

Same with Mannah. I said he was too one dimensional, since then he has developed a jink in the run and runs with more angle. Now all he needs is to look for the pass at the line and offloads and he will be a great prop.

Stagger, I wonder how many players you have talked up that never made it? :cool: