What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season over

QldPanther

Juniors
After todays game, Penrith will be lucky to make the final eight. I can't recall this team (current players) leading by twenty early into the second half and losing the match. Rhys Wesser, for all the skill he possesses (and the great try he scored today) shouldn't consider his position in the top grade safe. His dropped ball got Manly on the roll, and to a great win. We in reality are third last on the ladder and not too far out of the eight but just on today's effort lack of discipline and lack of confidence is the problem.

We can start looking towards next season.

We dont seem to have many players coming through if our second grade is getting lapped each week. Maybe the likes of Junior Moors but the rest are down on what us the fans expect.

Its time to ask questions - what is going on in the club?

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's not that bad

There are a couple of things that seem to be going un-noticed

Penrith (like the Dragons) have not yet had a bye this year.

Penrith could jump up a little when they have their byes if teams above them lose.

also

Your still going better then the Knights :lol:

QldPanther

Juniors
bye or no byes, still this season is not going to plan. I think we the fans still require answers, just like the Knights fans and the Dragons fans are/were asking

JJ

Immortal
there's still some hope, as you can have a very ordinary season and stioll make the 8

BUT = losing when up by 20 is a disgrace... buit so is suggesting that Wesser's spot is not safe, seriously what are you taking??????

and they simply don't deserve to play semi-final footy at the moment, but there's enough class there to turn things around - but it needs to be soon

*Sandy*

First Grade
JJ said:
and they simply don't deserve to play semi-final footy at the moment, but there's enough class there to turn things around - but it needs to be soon

That's the reality of it all.

Wesser had a shocker today but Manly were not just playing Wesser in that 2nd half. It's like they have panic attacks now.

QldPanther

Juniors
please keep in mind they did have poor discipline. they must improve in this area immediately to be competitive

lainey

Juniors
Pantherin2005 said:
We dont seem to have many players coming through if our second grade is getting lapped each week. Maybe the likes of Junior Moors but the rest are down on what us the fans expect.

Its time to ask questions - what is going on in the club?

Sorry but I think Jason Wrigley is playing is butt off every week and it's getting him nowhere, and Dave McLean isn't playing that bad either. So Junior isn't the only prospect we have for first grade.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I just don't understand why. :(

The boy's faces on the bench were looks of being completely gutted and their eyes had a vacant look as if to say they had no answer. I would have liked to have seen some anger in them. Anger = hope.

This is the look I want to see:

13882234-S.jpg

annav

Juniors
Penrith have let me down these past two weeks. There is obviously a problem with the team well at least in the second half of games.Does the team miss Girdler?

*Sandy*

First Grade
I would say so. Personally i think they have lost a few motivators. Satts being the first and we struggled at times but managed to win games to make the finals. When Lang was out at the beginning of last year I think we were at that time struggling a tad. So losing Lang and Girds both team motivators it would seem has had a huge impact on the team. Gowie, Priddis and T seem to be the only team motivators but it mustnt be enough on field. Which is probably where the discipline comes into it - they are not disciplined enough for 80 mins.

Fibroman

First Grade
Things seem to have a way of going 'full circle'. We have just gone back to the days where we were a good team that finds a different way to lose a game each week.

Mistakes cost us the game this week. Also our kicking game was not good. In 2003, Gowie's kicking game was sensational. His kicking game hasn't been as good this year.

I think we have the players to win the competition still. I just hope the pendulum swings back and we getting that winning mentality back instead of the chocolate soldier mentality that we have at the moment.

I am actually more concerned about premier league and flegg getting thumped every week than first grade losing games that they should have won.

choc_soldier

Coach
It's not over. But it is slipping away from us at a rapid rate. We can still make it... but there has to be a MASSIVE turnaround before that can happen...

brandell

Juniors
PK said:
That's the reality of it all.

Wesser had a shocker today but Manly were not just playing Wesser in that 2nd half. It's like they have panic attacks now.

No They wern't playing Wesser but Wesser certainly wasn't playing for us, just like last week.

dudee

Juniors
I'm a Manly fan,but I do cheer the Panthers when they're not playing Manly.I was at the game yesterday and was as shocked as anyone.I thought we were gone when presto got that intercept.

IMO the Panthers are really missing Joe (can't spell his last name) and Puletua.The two Panthers props got caught out in the second half around the play the ball,thats cause they were completely buggered,and the subsequent penalties manly received really hurt Penrith.
I don't know what happened with wesser,it's like he swapped places with the Manly boys at half-time ,he had a shocker of a second-half.Joel Clinton tried his gutz out,plus Waterhouse,but as I said,the Panthers are missing the two backrowers and the muscle from the bench.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Brandell, Wesser did score a try for Penrith and i dd see him wearing the penrith colours so I can positively say he was playing for Penrith ;-) . Actually that solo try of his was absolutely brilliant but as i said he had a shocker and completely stuffed a few other things. He is a confidence player and it seems since everyone had stated, and even Slater, that he was the form fullback and was practically guaranteed the No.1 jersey and then was completely ignored it seems has shattered his confidence and one mistake can sometimes become a domino effect for him. He just needs to shrug it off and play for his personal best and not for a spot in rep. It doesnt warrant him to be dropped to Premier for it though. There is no one in Premier that comes anywhere near his standard. I would much prefer Wesser in 1st Grade so that when he sees that break in the line, it's come on I dare ya to chase me and pull me down time. :D

brandell

Juniors
You can score all the tries you want to PK, at the end of the day if your creating opportunities for the opposition and they take them and score. Your better off somewhere else

Just add up over the two games, from when Wesser was sin binned to The stupid mistakes that he made on the weekend. See if that one four pointer equals the tries that we conceeded cause of his idiocy.

Kilkenny

Coach
brandell said:
You can score all the tries you want to PK, at the end of the day if your creating opportunities for the opposition and they take them and score. Your better off somewhere else

Just add up over the two games, from when Wesser was sin binned to The stupid mistakes that he made on the weekend. See if that one four pointer equals the tries that we conceeded cause of his idiocy.

Brandell,

I think most true panthers supporters would agree we would be better off without you as a supporter, rather than being without Wesser as a player. Enough said.