What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Ashes Test: Lords, 16th July, 2015.

undertaker

Coach
Interesting, that's only our 2nd win in our past 16 tests in England.

Hopefully we will improve on that record as the series continues

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hard to believe England are already 9 down in the 37th over.

Revenge for being humiliated on Boxing Day in 2010, when we were bowled out for less than 100 and England had already overtaken our 1st innings by stumps that day. We are going to give them the spanking of their life at the home of cricket.

something not right that summer, eg didn't we use Xavier and Beer as spinners? :)

some11

Referee
As much as I love comprehensive victories like this I hope the rest of the series is close.

Ibleedblue

Juniors
Bowled out for 103 inside 37 overs, Lolz England batted like a pub team. Great comeback after Cardiff and hopefully we can take confidence from this and use it for the rest of the series.

As Mitch said just then it was the perfect test match, we just out bowled out batted and and out fielded England. Completely dominant from start to finish.

Timbo

Staff member
something not right that summer, eg didn't we use Xavier and Beer as spinners? :)

Yes, because Kevin Pietersen had an alleged weakness against slow left arm orthodox bowlers.

One of the selectors best that one was.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yes, because Kevin Pietersen had an alleged weakness against slow left arm orthodox bowlers.

One of the selectors best that one was.

And didn't O'Keefe own him in a tour match (in Hobart maybe?) and then get completely overlooked?

OVP

Coach
Nice one lads, great performance from all the bowlers to knock them out so quick.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
f**k the closeness,im sick of losing Ashes series on Pommy plodder soil,smack the plodders in all remaining tests please.

Timbo

Staff member
I think that has to be the end of Bell.

I see Jonny Bairstow scored a ton today in county cricket and has been having a huge season. Would be shocked if he doesn't come in for Bell.

Also expecting them to dump Moeen Ali for Adil Rashid, and maybe replace Lyth - but nobody is really knocking down the door as an opener in the county game.

Latest posts