What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Test, Australia V. England at Edgebaston

Timbo

Staff member
KASPER KASPER KASPER!

Don't like your chances for the 3rd Dizzy!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how many more half volleys can we give these pomms

we are giving them driving practise

we are missing McGrath's length

lockyno1

Post Whore
Great day of test cricket. England I dare say will be dissapointed with that score. OMG 500-550 was a minimum on that wicket. Well bowled Kasper and Gillespie. I'd be temped if McGrath is out for the next test to go in with MacGill, Warne, Lee, McGrath as the bowlers! England don't like spin one bit!

aussies1st

Staff member
What a great day for cricket. Haven't seen Aus conceded 400 in a day in ages if ever. Good on England for attacking Aus but i agree lockyno1 they probably will be disappointed on a slow wicket like that. But only time will tell as Aus may struggle to get the runs although i am sure they won't be throwing their wickets away like in the first test.

The Colonel

Immortal
Great work Ricky, bowling on that pitch without McGrath was a master stroke only a genius could make!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the pomms started well in the first test, and capitulated

hopefully they can sustain thier effort this time and give us a game

Dakink

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Great day of test cricket. England I dare say will be dissapointed with that score. OMG 500-550 was a minimum on that wicket. Well bowled Kasper and Gillespie. I'd be temped if McGrath is out for the next test to go in with MacGill, Warne, Lee, McGrath as the bowlers! England don't like spin one bit!

Hehe Oops Which second bowler did you really mean - Kaspa or Dizzy?

lockyno1 said:

That's GOLD. If McGrath is out you'd be still tempted to play him. :lol:

Earl said:
Australia will get 600 on this wicket.

I agree sort of. If Australia bat with some patience the could quite easily bat for 2 days on this get to 550/600 and with Warne bowling on day 4 on a pitch that will start to wear anything is possible. I think England really should have settled down after there brilliant start. Trescothick, Pietersen and Flintoff should all be disappointed that they got a 50 but never went on to 100.

choc_soldier

Coach
It's a flat track, so obviously it's going to be a high scoring affair - if it doesn't wear, I can't see a result to be honest.

I only saw the first session, but it seemed like our bowlers had no answer for the Pom's onslaught. But I must say that Strauss got out to an absolute Warnie special, and I enjoyed the exploits of Trescothick. And I don't think having McGrath out there would have made any difference - except maybe slowing the rate of scoring.

Scott

Bench
If Australia bat for 2 days they'll score close to 800 on that deck and outfield.

I've got a feeling we could see something special from the English bowlers. If Simon Jones can get it reversing then he will be a handful.

SirShire

First Grade
I'm thinking a draw on it too. Shame the Poms lasted only 80 overs on it, expected a bit more.

Iafeta

Referee
Interesting first days play. I think England blew a commanding position, but I think in some ways knocked a bit of stuffing out of the Australian bowlers none the less - all of a sudden some of them must be concerned about their ability to contain and apply sustained pressure without McGrath running in from the other end.

SirShire

First Grade
By the same token, it has taken them by complete suprise. I guess it would have changed their tactics completely.

Latest posts