What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secondreceiver to Penrith: False Alarm. Disregard

pantherz9103

First Grade
I want to believe it but I don't know if I can. We've been let down many times by management but I hope in this instance they full off a coup.

mxlegend99

Referee
Big Pete said:
Even you can admit, going from one of the best clubs in the competition to Penrith would be a huge step down in what Petero deserves.

Honestly though, in some way I hope you do pick him up as some kind of compensation for all the losses (on and off the field) you've had over this past year.
Kinda like when Priddis came to Panthers who had been wooden spooners and came 2nd last, the year before being Minor Premiers and Premiers?

With the amount of quality juniors we're producing, we are able to work our way up the ladder, quicker then we descend it. At the moment, it's the likes of Gower, Wesser, Puletua and Priddis who are holding us back. All 4 are down on form and amongst the weaker players in our team.

With Priddis and Wesser out with injury, we have Peters/Aiton with a chance to earn the hooker jersey, and Georgetown/Sammut with a chance to earn the fullback jersey for next season. Gower leaving guarantees us a new number 7, and odds on they will do a better job then he has (pretty hard not to be better then a guy who failed to find touch TWICE in 40minutes of footy)

LeagueLegend

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
However, i know we won't get him. Because this would be a good signing. And our management don't know how to sign high quality players such as Petero.

Can you see through the egg yet to read Petero is going to Penrith?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Our props next year

Woolnough and Civoniceiva with Grant off the bench. 2008 suddenly looking alot rosier than it was.

mxlegend99

Referee
LeagueLegend said:
Can you see through the egg yet to read Petero is going to Penrith?
Very clearly. I now expect this to be followed up with us announcing we've had to let Tim Grant, Michael Jennings, Jarrod Sammut and Frank Pritchard go to get his signature.

Otherwise... we're actually going to have a better team then we do now. And our management seem to do their best to avoid that.

Big Pete

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
Kinda like when Priddis came to Panthers who had been wooden spooners and came 2nd last, the year before being Minor Premiers and Premiers?

With the amount of quality juniors we're producing, we are able to work our way up the ladder, quicker then we descend it. At the moment, it's the likes of Gower, Wesser, Puletua and Priddis who are holding us back. All 4 are down on form and amongst the weaker players in our team.

With Priddis and Wesser out with injury, we have Peters/Aiton with a chance to earn the hooker jersey, and Georgetown/Sammut with a chance to earn the fullback jersey for next season. Gower leaving guarantees us a new number 7, and odds on they will do a better job then he has (pretty hard not to be better then a guy who failed to find touch TWICE in 40minutes of footy)

More like when Preston Campbell, Luke Priddis, Martin Lang, John Lang and Ben Ross came to Penrith.

My point still stands, Petero is going to find it a lot harder to achieve any dreams he's set for himself down there. Not impossible, just harder.

mightypanther

Juniors
Big Pete said:
More like when Preston Campbell, Luke Priddis, Martin Lang, John Lang and Ben Ross came to Penrith.

My point still stands, Petero is going to find it a lot harder to achieve any dreams he's set for himself down there. Not impossible, just harder.

Maybe that's what he's looking for.......a challenge ???

He has guaranteed himself the biggest bucks he could get, and he also gets a chance to help pull the team back up the ladder, and then smile and take as much of the credit for it as possible.;-) :D

Big Pete

Referee
MMM maybe.

It sort of worries me though, in his 30's and only signed because of the money.

I just hope he performs for you guys.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Big Pete said:
MMM maybe.

It sort of worries me though, in his 30's and only signed because of the money.

I just hope he performs for you guys.

Petro Is the same as Steve Price doesnt matter who he plays for he will work his ass off...

kooriguy

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:

if im not mistaken, priddis and lang both played the 2002 season for us where we got just higher then the spoon.. the big single signing was preston for the 2003 season, our only name signing for that season.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
what i dont understand is how brisbane didn't have the funds for petro, they let berrigan and tate go are going to release carlaw and brad thorn is retiring. makes you think how much lockyer is on?

super_coach

First Grade
Penrith have the buy of the year by a country mile--Big petro only ever gives a 100% and his work ethics might just rub off on some of the best young talent in town.

Big Pete

Referee
The combination of signing new players and updating old contracts I guess took their toll on our salary cap.

Y2Eel, yeah I know but this whole ordeal has been very out of character for Civoniceiva...

eagle rock

Juniors
Max Power said:
It get's better...the rumour monger has now changed their source to the TVS community channel (or something along those lines)!!

TVS community channel.....way to go!!!!:cool:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Civoniceva to join Panthers
Written by: League news
June 28th, 2007

Penrith have confirmed the signing of Test prop Petero Civoniceva for two years.

Civoniceva has agreed to join Penrith next season after a decade at Brisbane. The Queensland State of Origin forward says he is excited about the new challenge at the Panthers, with the deal extending until the end of 2009 with an option for a third season.

Penrith general manager Michael Leary says securing Civoniceva is a huge boost for the club who this week granted captain Craig Gower a release to play rugby union in France next year.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=14193

Stranger

Coach
pantherz9103 said:
Our props next year

Woolnough and Civoniceiva with Grant off the bench. 2008 suddenly looking alot rosier than it was.

Wooly will work well behind Civo but don't expect him to be your main man. When the other team is on the back foot he is excellent at running and then throwing a great offload for the try, but if hes running staight and hard, chances are he will be pushed back atleast 2m.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Big Pete said:
The combination of signing new players and updating old contracts I guess took their toll on our salary cap.

Y2Eel, yeah I know but this whole ordeal has been very out of character for Civoniceiva...

His manager did screw him around with the broncos and he did say before signing with penrith that he still wants to play SOO..

Both teams did well outtta it..

Latest posts