What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

El Diablo

Post Whore
4dca8375d6c49b2da0b9e2afd3416a41101bf03b

The more pictures of this I see the more I think Slater will be found not guilty. This one shows both arms contacting Feki with the offending shoulder a body's width away. What is the definition of a shoulder charge? Something about arms not being used? Contact has already occurred which is why Feki is already losing his balance.
that pictue is after the shoulder charge, not before

SBD82

Coach

The more pictures of this I see the more I think Slater will be found not guilty. This one shows both arms contacting Feki with the offending shoulder a body's width away. What is the definition of a shoulder charge? Something about arms not being used? Contact has already occurred which is why Feki is already losing his balance.
100% agree. Clearly makes an effort to make the tackle with his arms.

Just like this guy:
IMG_4939.JPG

SadShark

Bench
D4A1B0C1-22F7-4EE7-9577-892838ABA337.jpeg
Professional profile picture of Storm’s defence lawyer Kenny Craig, who will represent Slater at the hearing tomorrow night.

AJB1102

First Grade

Thats way after initial contact you goose. 1 frame later you could argue Feki fell over without Slater touching him.

Cockosh

Juniors
I hated the shoulder charge rule when it was introduced and I still don’t like it. I would hate to see slater miss the gf because of it because I actually like slater.
BUT
All these so called media experts trying to prove that it wasn’t because his hand brushes fekis hand a Nano second before is absolutely ridiculous, it is ludicrous. It is the definition of a shoulder charge. I understand the rule wasn’t designed for such examples but the rule doesn’t differentiate.
I am convinced he will get off because the media pr spin is in full drive. If this was a nobody playing in round 5 the penalty would be served. Surprise me nrl.

bileduct

Coach
So now, from these clear cut pictures, I fully understand.

If only Napa had reached out a hand to touch/brush the player before he launches his head into their face.

Thank you for clearing that up with photo evidence.
Didn't Dylan Napa get charged for dangerous contact with an opponent's head?

The_Shield

Juniors
Oh case closed, Slater managed to save the try and smash Feki using only his right hand and left elbow.
Nobody is saying that. All we are saying is that he’s hands are clearly involved. And as the rules state, of arms/hands are involved then it’s not a shoulder charge

The_Shield

Juniors
So now, from these clear cut pictures, I fully understand.

If only Napa had reached out a hand to touch/brush the player before he launches his head into their face.

Thank you for clearing that up with photo evidence.
Napa got charged for dangerous contact not a shoulder charge

SadShark

Bench
Didn't Dylan Napa get charged for dangerous contact with an opponent's head?
Precise & correct. If only he had 2 x JPEG’s of his left ring finger touching the torso/jumper of the ball carrier, he wouldn’t have been suspended.

It’s a well known procedure, that the NRL review committee only view a maximum of 2 x JPEG’s & not the video of the incident.

This will clear Slater.

bileduct

Coach
Precise & correct. If only he had 2 x JPEG’s of his left ring finger touching the torso/jumper of the ball carrier, he wouldn’t have been suspended.
Not really, that's just you being geniused.

Contact with the head is still contact with the head, genius.

Latest posts