What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

typicalfan

Coach
Salary cap cheating aside, he played with very questionable tactics his entire career.

His questionable tactics make him the best? Why would you think that?
Others don't do it because its against the rules of the game.

If this were Fifita or Burgess they would be stoned and everyone here would be cheering for it. But because it's slater it is ok? Crazy talk.
Slater gets a lot more hate on here than Fifita.

moffla

Bench
Salary cap cheating aside, he played with very questionable tactics his entire career.

His questionable tactics make him the best? Why would you think that?
Others don't do it because its against the rules of the game.

If this were Fifita or Burgess they would be stoned and everyone here would be cheering for it. But because it's slater it is ok? Crazy talk.
Now now...this forum particularly has a heavy dislike for Slater, Smith, and Bellamy (and storm in general). The fact that many of his normal haters are backing him this time shows he might actually have a case to play in the Grand Final.

To be honest, I'll accept whichever decision we hear tomorrow night. Players have gotten off for far worse, but at the same time and rule is a rule (no matter how soft it is)

MilkShark

First Grade
Now now...this forum particularly has a heavy dislike for Slater, Smith, and Bellamy (and storm in general). The fact that many of his normal haters are backing him this time shows he might actually have a case to play in the Grand Final.

To be honest, I'll accept whichever decision we hear tomorrow night. Players have gotten off for far worse, but at the same time and rule is a rule (no matter how soft it is)
Without reading through this entire thread, I am sure people are saying either:

1. others got off / were not penalised
2. its his last game let him play

MilkShark

First Grade
How many suspension worthy events has each player been involved it. Other than publicly supporting killers or abusing officials.
Let's stay above the belt.

On field incidents alone, slater has had a few in which I do not remember him ever being suspended for.

Cactus

Juniors
I was talking about a block runner jostling a winger/center/fullback away from the ball. Yes innocuous but still shoulder charging them off there line. Referees often blow penalties for this indiscrection but maybe shoulder charge penalties is the answer then?? I’d like think sanity prevails.

Missed the point of my 2nd paragraph entirely

You say he breached the shoulder charge rule with such certainty. Like I said a few posts back. The rule as it stands is grey in what slater did. No one can dispute that. The fact it does say, “attempt to use his arm” adds a whole lot of grey. Now rightly or wrongly the Nrl match review committee feel they have a strong case and so does Billy. Having media personalities like Fittler so adamant about what he feels is a shoulder charge is rediculous. His chemical filled roosters brain shouldn’t be dictating rule definitions and potential disciplinary actions when it gives his beloved team a massive leg up on gf day.

Good example of superfluous.

myrrh ken

First Grade
There are plenty or other instances where people get away with it scot free.

b47a480c4fdeb67f40947f871e7a69ca

Quicksilver

Bench
How many suspension worthy events has each player been involved it. Other than publicly supporting killers or abusing officials.

I bet you, like everyone else in Rugby League, had no idea what those letters stood for until 6 weeks later when Rothfield and Kent told you that you should be an angry little sheep boy.

t-ba

Post Whore
His right boot clearly makes contact with the ball carrier's left foot and as such is sufficient enough contact to be deemed as a fair hit

It's a bizarre explanation as wouldn't that make it a trip?

Or has the joke gone over my head here...

The_Shield

Juniors
The Storm bloke has been the one bringing him up over some delusions he has about crushers and late tackles like it somehow exonerates Billy.
Wrong. Sharks fans brought him up, with the whole “if it Fifita instead of Slater” bullshit

Latest posts