What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

YoHadrian

Juniors
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
These Slater Fellater's crack me up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Any TRUE RL fan would want to see the best players play in the GF, especially a legend like Billy. Shame on you RL haters out there who wanted to see him banned.

edabomb

First Grade
NRL already took down the clip.

This was a 2-week suspension in Round 11.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Judging by your posts you don’t come across as a true fan. And people want to see integrity in the system and consistency.

I was happy to see common sense prevail and the legend that is FB GOAT Billy Slater allowed to play, ergo I am a true fan.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
What’s his record got to do with whether he was charged for a shoulder charge?? Match review thought it was a shoulder charge. Nrl judiciary reviewed the evidence and determined (for various reasons) it was not a shoulder charge.

How obsessed are you with this? It’s pretty clear the ref made the wrong call. As did the match review panel. Nothing wrong with the rule either. If anything, the NRL judiciary has proved the system works. In the end the correct decision was made.

You should be praising Billy. After all, had he not had a season ending shoulder injury in 2016, your club wouldn’t have had a chance in hell of winning its first premiership. Only reason storm lost that GF was cause it’s most influential attacking player was on the side lines

Sigh. Do the Storm have a single well-balanced, knowledgeable league fan amongst their ranks? To me it feels like Molly Meldrum's dogs are the closest they'd get.

I wasn't going to watch the GF (not because of any of this silly boycott stuff, it doesn't tee off until 10.30pm NZ time) but now I will in the sincere hope something like 2008 happens again and Billy & co have a grand old sook.

Valheru

Coach
Any TRUE RL fan would want to see the best players play in the GF, especially a legend like Billy. Shame on you RL haters out there who wanted to see him banned.

You can want to see the best players play and the rules enforced at the same time.

If the best rule thensleves ineligible by their own actions it shouldn't be up to the judiciary to give them a sympathy vote to play.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You can want to see the best players play and the rules enforced at the same time.

If the best rule thensleves ineligible by their own actions it shouldn't be up to the judiciary to give them a sympathy vote to play.

TO be pedantic they deemed it not a shoulder charge so no need to enforce a rule as none was broken. Did they find excuses to say it wasn't a shoulder charge? Probably. Are the judiciary inconsistent? Of course they are. Is the match ban regardless of shoulder charge impact ridiculous? Sure is. All round everyones a winner, except the Roosters who have to face the GOAT FB but they got Friend off so all is fair in love and GF's.

SBD82

Coach
TO be pedantic they deemed it not a shoulder charge so no need to enforce a rule as none was broken. Did they find excuses to say it wasn't a shoulder charge? Probably. Are the judiciary inconsistent? Of course they are. Is the match ban regardless of shoulder charge impact ridiculous? Sure is. All round everyones a winner, except the Roosters who have to face the GOAT FB but they got Friend off so all is fair in love and GF's.
Friend didn't get off. He plead guilty.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Friend didn't get off. He plead guilty.

to a minimum charge when the charge could and arguably should have been more severe. That's the farce, which one of the two tackles is most likely to cause serious injury? Yet one is an instant one match ban and one isnt. Hopefully this makes the NRL realise its got its loading of severity wrong.

Latest posts