What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seibold

edabomb

First Grade
If Darius Boyd was to be reunited with his father at Redfern, then he would perform much better, and Seibold's Brisbane would do better.

Although Souths would be worse off with that deal on their books.

Even Wayno knows that since he snapped up James Roberts in quick time.

betcats

Referee
I think they hired him to tweak the roster and get them over the hump to become contenders again, I doubt they thought a complete cleanout was required. Also I think behind the scenes they were worried about Bennetts ability to connect with all the young talent they have coming through.

King hit

Coach
You nailed it. Boyd and McCullough are probably the two worst players in their positions in the whole comp and they just happen to be half of our spine. Seibold needs to show some ticker and remove Boyd as Captain and out of the team.

He is making the same mistakes Bennett did

lynx000

Juniors
Things are only to get worse from here it appears. Kennar out for the season with a shoulder injury and Milford has done a lateral meniscus and is looking from anywhere from 2-12 weeks depending on whether he needs surgery or not.

Do you think it's possible that Seibold was signed for 5 years specifically to overhaul the roster? :thinking:

I'm sure that was part of his mandate but one would think that if you're going to overhaul the Broncos roster you would start with culling the players who return the least value for money, i.e. McCullough and Boyd.

You would also think that keeping young guys with plenty of upside like Su'a would be high on the priority list. Especially when the club fought off several other clubs to sign him to a long term deal the year before.

He can "overhaul" the roster as much as he likes for the next few years but if Boyd and McCullough remain, then he's in for the same results.

We saw on the weekend that there's nowhere for Boyd to hide in the defensive line. 5/8, fullback, even if they stick him on a wing, he will be found out.

big hit!

Bench
have the rabbitohs won a game since bennett took hold of souths recruiting? Richo is falling into the same trap as the Broncos did.

bennetts methods are prehistoric. he gets some results but they're not going win a premiership going forward. even tallis will tell you the bronocs won premierships because of the players, not because of Wayne

Last edited:

ram raid

Bench
Before blaming Seibold for everything, ask yourself if any other coach could have come in and come in and done any better.

The problem seems obvious to me. The players were all loyal to Wayne. They didn't want a new coach. And Seibold has never had the dressing room since he got there. And now the players are all sabotaging him. Siebs is between a rock and a very hard place. The only thing left for him to do is keep backing himself and his 'process'. If it means bringing down the house, so be it.

typicalfan

Coach
have the rabbitohs won a game since bennett took hold of souths recruiting? Richo is falling into the same trap as the Broncos did.

bennetts methods are prehistoric. he gets some results but they're not going win a premiership going forward. even tallis will tell you the bronocs won premierships because of the players, not because of Wayne
If that is the case then why have the Broncos never won without him.

Tallis has had it in for Bennett since he retired.

Pommy

Coach

Lol a totally unbiased opinion of Wayne I’m siren.

big hit!

Bench
If that is the case then why have the Broncos never won without him.

Tallis has had it in for Bennett since he retired.

because they havent had a bunch of players of the ilk of Webke, Petero, Tallis, Lockyer, Hodges, Thorn, Parker, etc in the same team since.

the biggest rugby league club in the country have a roster made up of a bunch of duds

betcats

Referee
because they havent had a bunch of players of the ilk of Webke, Petero, Tallis, Lockyer, Hodges, Thorn, Parker, etc in the same team since.

the biggest rugby league club in the country have a roster made up of a bunch of duds

Recruitment and retention has been woeful in Brisbane for years.

Its going to be a fine balancing act going forward making sure they keep all the right players. If they pull it off(I doubt it) they could go on a run again, if not they are going to be watching a lot of that young talent move on to other clubs.

some11

Referee
pVOW55N.png