What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selectors Name Australian Squad

Do You Like The Looks Of The Team

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maelgwnau

Juniors
Australian selectors have named the following 23 players in a squad for the Bundaberg Rum Rugby League Test against New Zealand on Friday 22 April at Suncorp Stadium.

An extra player was named from the 22-man squad that was initially planned to cover for players coming back from injury.

The final team will be named following the St George Illawarra Dragons match against the Brisbane Broncos match at WIN Stadium this Sunday 17 April.

Luke Bailey
Shaun Berrigan
Tonie Carroll
Petero Civoniceva
Craig Fitzgibbon
Craig Gower
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ben Kennedy
Brett Kimmorley
Luke Lewis
Darren Lockyer
Anthony Minichiello
Mark O’Meley
Steve Price
Luke Priddis
Luke Rooney
Andrew Ryan
Jason Ryles
Matt Sing
Billy Slater
Willie Tonga
Trent Waterhouse
Craig Wing

Earl

Coach
Thats pretty pathetic that they didn't at least name Cameron Smith in the squad.

Kiwi

First Grade
From that list the player who should not be there include

Out of form

Waterhouse
Berrigan
Fitzgibbon
Lewis
Rooney
Ryles
Bailey

Earl

Coach
If Matt King hasn't been playing better than Wille Tonga then I'll eat several hats.

Big Mick

Referee
As a Penrith supporter I think Gower, Rooney and Lewis have not done enough to warrant selection in any form at all.

Congrats to Waterhouse and Priddis, they've been really good so far this season.

Fluffy

Juniors
Drop Bk

I want him playing for us.

Hey ethal - are you going to update the avatar now that Kingy has Trimmed down??

He was so much harder to spot on friday.

Darth Bobo

Not exactly full on "in-form" players is it?

Baily, Ryles and Waterhouse have got to be hangovers from last season because there has been better players in thier positions for the first 5 rounds.

I don't like Berrigan in the centres, I think he is a good footballer but I don't think he is a good centre.

m0j0

Bench
On current form, I don't think Wing deserved a spot. In fact, I didn't think he deserved to be on the team last year either.

Kiwi

First Grade
maelgwnau said:
i'm pissed y is O Meley in the team i thought he haden't played for a couple of weeks

And waterhouse, Rooney and Lewis aren't getting in on form.

Earl

Coach
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
What a joke
selectors are rigged
only 1 sharks player wat a joke
covell, gallen, peachey and stephens should feel robbed

:lol:

Special K

Coach
Waterhouse and Carroll getting in over in form backrowers like Gallen, Hoffman and Watmough stinks.

Why did they waste a spot with Gower? Kimmorley is going to be the half - why name Gower and not someone like say Matt King?

Kiwi

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
What a joke
selectors are rigged
only 1 sharks player wat a joke
covell, gallen, peachey and stephens should feel robbed

Shoot yourself in the head if you think those 4 derserve to play for australia.

Latest posts