What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selectors Name Australian Squad

Do You Like The Looks Of The Team

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nuffs

Bench
i didn't know the match has been made a NSW vs NZ match :lol:

in all seriousness:
o'meley and tonga WTF!
matt king WTF!

australia still by 20+

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Also Mick, i hear Webb is still going to be out for the test.

If Meli or Toopi (although if Toopi performs i'll give him a chance) make the Kiwis team, it is a sad sad day.

bula_stormer

Juniors
I cant believe Jason Smith is getting mentioned to be Australian five eigth, someone even mentioned that he may be moved to fullback to make way for JASON SMITH. :lol:
Let me think...
1. Lockyer
2. Barrett
3. Hill
4. Wing
5. Campbell
6. Dykes
Jason who ??

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
bula_stormer said:
I cant believe Jason Smith is getting mentioned to be Australian five eigth, someone even mentioned that he may be moved to fullback to make way for JASON SMITH. :lol:
Let me think...
1. Lockyer
2. Barrett
3. Hill
4. Wing
5. Campbell
6. Dykes
Jason who ??

Nah it goes Lockyer , Daylight , Barret , Dykes, Daylight, Hill , Campbell , Daylight , The Rest

Mad Dogg

Juniors
CliffyIsGod said:
Wishy said:
Um, where is Carl Webb?

Not good enough.
He should be on the bench IMO.

It's not necessarily about picking the best players (even then he perhaps should be there). It's about picking the best team, which includes having real impact off the bench. And with Mason injured, Webb is easily the best impact forward we have available.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Jason Smith is an awesome player. More than good enough to still represent Australia and IMO is more of a natural 5/8 than Darren Lockyer will ever be. Which is not to say he is better, but Smithy is certainly up there in terms of natural talent.

There should be an enquiry!!!
Matt King should be the first to be picked..Minichello even to be given a jersey at this stage is just plain funny..Even fitzgibbon in the forwards{even tho he is just a flopper} doesnt deserve a jersey..
Do the selectors even look at players or do they just say that we will be fine
Cameron Smith deserves a run..Canberra have been robbed
O Meley and Tonga!!! jesus christ....time these blokes came forward and explained the selections...Tonie Carroll!..the list goes on
Kimmorley..well deserved..Orford must be the unluckiest player eva

smeghead

Bench
Hell what I say is f**k the Australian side. I no longer give a shit about it, the selectors will pick who they will and it has nothing to do with form its that simple. To everyone bitching about your players not being in the side don't. Look at it as another opportunity for some of these picks to get injured.

It used to be a true honour to be picked for your country (in some ways it still is) but any form forward having Tony f**king kiwi Carroll picked ahead of them should be spewing. Way to carry pride in our countries colours by picking someone who has already played for a different country ahead of Australian locks in better form.

As I said f**k it I am done

Meanie

Juniors
borat said:
Azkatro said:
weasel said:
wtf is Matt King? :x

A person.

And it's a bit rich to suggest a team should suddenly magically have international players because they've won four games against mediocre opposition.

100% spot on.

With only 5 rounds played before selection of this squad the selectors were always going to go with experienced players who can perform at this level rather than inexperienced players showing good form in 5 club games.

Right, like why are so many people in this thread thinking someone should be picked for Australia based on 5 rounds of form? Bennett said he favoured incumbancy, so where's the surprise. If these 5 round wonders want a chance then they can prove it over the whole season and try and earn a tri nations berth.

Plus Slater was due to be picked for the tri nations last year before he had groin surgery.

And what exactly is wrong with Shaun Berrigan? He's a fantastic player, people carry on like he's Adrian Brunker's twin brother or something.

aenima1

Juniors
why the hell is everyone pissed off about carrol being picked? i love watching him play, hes one of the best defenders in the world. you all just want someone to winge about, the side selected is bloody good and only maybe one or two players left out of the squad were hard done by (morrison & king)!!!

Foz

Bench
Meanie said:
borat said:
Azkatro said:
weasel said:
wtf is Matt King? :x

A person.

And it's a bit rich to suggest a team should suddenly magically have international players because they've won four games against mediocre opposition.

100% spot on.

With only 5 rounds played before selection of this squad the selectors were always going to go with experienced players who can perform at this level rather than inexperienced players showing good form in 5 club games.

Right, like why are so many people in this thread thinking someone should be picked for Australia based on 5 rounds of form? Bennett said he favoured incumbancy, so where's the surprise. If these 5 round wonders want a chance then they can prove it over the whole season and try and earn a tri nations berth.

Plus Slater was due to be picked for the tri nations last year before he had groin surgery.

And what exactly is wrong with Shaun Berrigan? He's a fantastic player, people carry on like he's Adrian Brunker's twin brother or something.

I've explained in another thread about Berrigan.
He is a player who wasn't good enough to be the Broncos half back.
Every man and his dog knew the Broncs had trouble with finding the line with him at half.
Similar problems at 5/8 which is why Lockyer was put there.
He ended up playing how many games in the centres and got picked for Australia there?5 I think you mentioned about someone having 5 good games?
Not too many blinders there from Berrigan & Co and the Broncs were out of the finals and racked up about 2 points against the Cows.
He went on the Kangaroo tour and got the gig in the centres.
True he didnt do much wrong but he wasn't a major influence in the Test series.
His total games as a centre would still be less than 20.
In my opinion he is not in the same class as Bell or King from Melbourne who absolutely carved the Broncos up in the centres 2 weeks ago.
Bell in particular has been great for 2 years but that carries no weight at all.
Mark Gasnier is another better option but the fact he has made more phone calls than played games has gone against him.
Craig Wing played a game in the centres when Anderson coached and he was just as effective as Berrigan.
Of course they wont pick Wing there but his resumee is only about 15 games less than Berrigan as a centre.
I have nothing against Berrigan but the guy is a utility not a centre. (as is Wing)
It wont matter anyway because Australia will carve the kiwis up and Berrigan's place in the side will be even more secure because of it.
I dont think its right though.

Striker

Juniors
Foz said:
I've explained in another thread about Berrigan.
He is a player who wasn't good enough to be the Broncos half back.
Every man and his dog knew the Broncs had trouble with finding the line with him at half.
Similar problems at 5/8 which is why Lockyer was put there.
He ended up playing how many games in the centres and got picked for Australia there?5 I think you mentioned about someone having 5 good games?
Not too many blinders there from Berrigan & Co and the Broncs were out of the finals and racked up about 2 points against the Cows.
He went on the Kangaroo tour and got the gig in the centres.
True he didnt do much wrong but he wasn't a major influence in the Test series.
His total games as a centre would still be less than 20.

Just to let you know Foz, Shaun Berrigan played in the centres from round 1 2004. He played there the whole 2004 season.

Foz

Bench
Berrigan played 16 games in 2004.
He still played games at half/5/8.
Lockyer injured for some games (he played 19,Berrigan didn't cover all though).

King played 20 last year. Bell 24.
Even if he (Berrigan)played all 16 games add 5 this year and he has a grand total of 21.

Latest posts