What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi-Final 2: Broncos vs Knights *SPOILERS*

Raoul Duke

Juniors
I loved it. Johnsy got absolutley hammered tonight. It was awesome. The 'punisher' got punished in the best manner possible. Was just waiting for that knee to buckle out again, but oh well can't complain about the 50-6 trashing.

renouf

Juniors
Johns did get belted a few times tonight, and those little passes he kept feeding to Gidley.. Brisbane read it every time and the bloke carrying the ball got decked

BrisVegas

Juniors
nqboy said:
Well, in the end, if Brisbane couldn't beat Newie without Buderus and Simpson, they'd want to give it away. But, 50-6? My word, I was waiting for them to declare or enforce the follow-on or something.

They pretty much did declare taking Lockyer, Berrigan, Webcke and Pertro off the field with 15minutes to go. If Lockyer an Berrigan had of stayed on the field I'm sure a few more tries would have materialized.

I thought Brisbane played a fantastic, controlled game tonight. Standouts were Petro and Lockyer, but almost the whole team played their parts to perfection from Carroll to Berrigan, Hunt and Hodges. Perry provided good service and relieved some of the kicking pressure from Locyer and also made some great tackles. Boyd tonight also justified the number of games he has played this season with one of his better games this year. Control of the ball was excellent. Part way through the second half they showed the broncos completion rate as 24/26.

I tuely believe that Broncos will win there game against the Bulldogs. They are going into the game with minimal injuries compared to the Bulldogs, and have accounted for them twice this season. Form is also good with 5 excellent performances over the past 6 weeks.

Mr Saab

Referee
Good win, but the Broncos were practically given that game.
The knights played dumb dumb football....newton being the prime offender with his low low low %age plays with attempting to offload.
The Broncos shocked me with the 50...was like watching the Broncos of 1992/8/2000.
The Broncos have the Dogs measure in the backs...the forwards will be the crucial battle

sydraider

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Good win, but the Broncos were practically given that game.
The knights played dumb dumb football....newton being the prime offender with his low low low %age plays with attempting to offload.
The Broncos shocked me with the 50...was like watching the Broncos of 1992/8/2000.
The Broncos have the Dogs measure in the backs...the forwards will be the crucial battle

Cant argue with that. Should be a cracker, Broncos I feel will have too much class for the dogs in the backs.

sydraider

First Grade
strewth_mate said:
hatred of Newcastle really does brings everyone together...

We were atrocious. Excuses would be an insult.

I'd say the media has a lot to do with that hatred, particularly channel 9 and the footy show. With matty and the bus driver on board, we are practically force fed some knights rubbish almost every week.

The Dodger

First Grade
sydraider said:
I'd say the media has a lot to do with that hatred, particularly channel 9 and the footy show. With matty and the bus driver on board, we are practically force fed some knights rubbish almost every week.

i hear ya there buddy.

if it wasnt matty on the footy show, it was the chief...

no wonder their ratings went down the drain...

c_eagle

Juniors
Speaking from only personal experience, Newcastle went from mild indifference to the top of my hate list after 2 visits to their home ground in a month. There's no other fan base quite like it. The world's biggest cesspool.

I used to hate Brisbane a lot more than any other club but I was cheering them on vehemently tonight.

Meanie

Juniors
Next week is what the NRL has been building towards all season I think. The 4 best clubs all with a genuine chance of winning it. Will be awesome.

As for the Bronco's tonite, putting 50 on any team in a finals is...well incredible. The last team to do it? Tigers last year, and look what they wound up winning. ;-)

Pigskin

Juniors
can't say i'm overly confident playing the Dogs next week, but I guess is our preferred opponent of the 3 remaining

Johns was terrible, I reckon he played injured ... strapping on his arm was pretty big

terrible crowds this weekend ... 30k missed out on going cause it was played in Sydney ... would have been 50k at Suncorp

disgraceful ... thank god it will be fixed in 07

Oink !

Raider_69

Post Whore
c_eagle said:
Speaking from only personal experience, Newcastle went from mild indifference to the top of my hate list after 2 visits to their home ground in a month. There's no other fan base quite like it. The world's biggest cesspool.

I used to hate Brisbane a lot more than any other club but I was cheering them on vehemently tonight.

indeed
between their two headed fans, the media rubbish force fed to me via the footy show, telegraph etc, and australias greatest twat, Joey, i cant stand the knights

strewth_mate

Bench
This is why I don't read the Telegraph and I don't watch the footy show. Even as a supporter, it embarrasses and sickens me. My other head doesn't seem to mind.