What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi-Final 2: Broncos vs Knights *SPOILERS*

Stranger

Coach
Smith was our only hitter in defence. No wonder brissy kept coming.
Our 2 main hitters on the sidelines = walkover.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jono078 said:
Well done Brisbane.

Dissapointing from Knights.

Hagan came with a premiership and leaves the club with one of our worst losses ever.. (He is the coach of the Knights worst 3 ever losses..)

I just hope were better next year.

To be honest, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Smith is a very good coach, but I think he will be too technical and full on for the Knights setting. Newcastle play best when they let Johns run the show, but Smith will want to execute game plans and set plays to the letter. It worked well at Parramatta, where we didn't really have a dominant half...but at Newcastle with someone as dominant as Johns I don't see it working. Just my opinion of course, I could well be wrong...

Jono078

Referee
El Diablo said:
with Brian Smith?

:lol:

Yeah the same Smith thats taken his teams to a few minor premierships and a few grand finals..

Hagan really is no good. Smith is better from what ive seen.

salivor

First Grade
Jono078 said:
Yeah the same Smith thats taken his teams to a few minor premierships and a few grand finals..

How many of those grand finals has he won?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Jono078 said:

how many GF's has he won?

Jono078

Referee
Im not concerned about his grand finals record..

Hagan won one on the back of Warren Ryan.

We need to turn some average players into good ones and make the Grand Final first (Which Smith has done in the past).

Smith > Hagan IMO

Bazal

Post Whore
To be fair to Brian, I reckon he got more out of those Grand Finalists (Parramatta excluded, that was a deadset choke) than they probably should have achieved....

salivor

First Grade
Stranger said:
How many should he have won?

2001 was a probably, but the dragons didnt have much chance over Bronco's IMO.

1992 they were no hope. 1993 though the Broncos finished 5th and they bet us in the final round at ANZ Stadium but were never in that Grand Final.

2001 was the choke of all chokes, Smith can build a team but can't finish the job, on the other hand Hagan isn't much better, both clubs have got a raw deal IMO.

Latest posts