What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi-Final 2: Broncos vs Knights *SPOILERS*

Big Pete

Referee
Onto the game...

Some of those tries in the second half although questionable passes were possibly some of the best Broncos tries this season was good to watch.

I just hope we don't get ahead of ourselves, learn and lift from this performance and with the added self belief give the Dogs a run for their money.

Stranger

Coach
Brian Smith did a fantastic job to get a team there. They were never going to be a great team, smith did great work with them IMO.

Im happy with smith to be there because he gets the best out of juniors, and if you have seen our flegg guns go, and our premmy's underpreforming you will see why its a great sign.

salivor

First Grade
Big Pete said:
Some of those tries in the second half although questionable passes were possibly some of the best Broncos tries this season was good to watch.

How good was the Boyd try? More offloads in that play than the Broncos have put together all season, just shows we can produce second phase play when we need to, god knows why we don't play like that more often.

Raoul Duke

Juniors
HAHAAHA. WHAT CAN I SAY!

1. It is now clear who the best player in the world is. Legend Lockyer
2. I say Johnsy lost the plot completley that kid
3. Johnsy sees the ball, he looks up, sees the opponenent, and palms the ball off leading to a knock on. SCARED CAT!
4. If Broncos keep playing in this manner, the premiership is 100

nqboy

First Grade
Well, in the end, if Brisbane couldn't beat Newie without Buderus and Simpson, they'd want to give it away. But, 50-6? My word, I was waiting for them to declare or enforce the follow-on or something.

nqboy

First Grade
Brisbane moved the ball around a bit tonight but the Knoughts allowed them to. It was almost a training run for the Broncs so I wouldn't read too much into it.

They looked fantastic a couple of weeks ago when their forwards were off-loading all game and putting doubt into the minds of the opposition defenders. Then they went back into their shells against the Illasox and got punished by a team that was red hot. Which drongos side will turn up next week?

RABK

Referee
Well done Broncos, saying you were far too good tonight would be flattering us.

Knights - embarrassing. I thought it would be hard to cheer them off tonight and give em a clap - but nope come fulltime just couldn't help myself cheering them off. :oops:

It's league - just one of those nights, we'll be back. Best of luck Broncos.

Brutus

Referee
robyalvaro said:
Dragons vs Melbourne
Bulldogs vs Brisbane

...i've already creamed my pants

Id prefer

Melbourne v Brisbane @ Telstra Dome crowd 40,000

Bulldogs v Dragons @ Telstra Stadium crowd 70,000

Just my little RL fantasy land.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1998 and 1999 grand final rematches in the offing next week, should be a good game. I bet the NRL is dreading the possibility of a Brisbane vs. Melbourne grand final in Sydney :lol:

willvillain

Juniors
jimmy_the_greek said:
cant wait till next weeks games
they should be absolute crackers

That's what I thought about this week's games...

But yes, I do think next weeks games will be good. Dragons and Dogs to win. All Sydney final.

Stranger

Coach
Few points about the game tonight IMO.

- No Bedsey, No Simmo = no hard hits in defence thus the reason Broncs forwards had so much Domination
- Hagan, you f**king tool, Quiggley was on fire
- Middley - where did u get a shoulder from?
- Thiaday - first 50mins did atleast 25 decoy runs
- Lockyer - so much room to move and used it well
- Bennett, proving hes still got the smarts, targeting carmont and his inside defencive partner and Carney.