What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final Predictions

Credit where it’s due, Bennett really knows how to get his up for big games. I’ll admit I thought Souths were gone after Latrell got suspended but how wrong was I?

You’d have to be a brave person to rule Souths out next week.
Bunnies were my pick at the start of the year… quality and depth…

Bennett is genius for mine. But it’s a genuine shame Mitchell is suspended coz next week against (the team I think will win tonight) the Storm would have been an absolute cracker with him there. Suspended rightfully mind you, more a shame about what happened.

I’m stoked the most for Benji Marshall. Love what he’s been doing the last few seasons.

Bunnies were my tip at the start but now Storm are the team to beat for mine, although I might have egg on my face if the Panfers win

TruSaint

Referee
Bunnies were my pick at the start of the year… quality and depth…

Bennett is genius for mine. But it’s a genuine shame Mitchell is suspended coz next week against (the team I think will win tonight) the Storm would have been an absolute cracker with him there. Suspended rightfully mind you, more a shame about what happened.

I’m stoked the most for Benji Marshall. Love what he’s been doing the last few seasons.

Bunnies were my tip at the start but now Storm are the team to beat for mine, although I might have egg on my face if the Panfers win

Yep,

Great effort by Souths.

Was really nice to see Benji getting to another GF at 36. Amazing effort really.

Trifili13

Juniors
I think the semis went a long way in proving that if you stop Tommy it goes a long way in stopping Manly. The Storm and Rabbits didn't give him room and their attack suffered. Saab and Garrick were scoring tries for fun outside Tommy against the weaker sides this year. Of course the forwards of the Storm and Rabbits also laid the platform. While I have laughed at all the commentators talking about the Rooster's injuries, I think it did catch up with them last week and Tommy was able to exploit that. I doubt he would have dominated if Manu and BMoz were still there.

I might be wrong but I don't think Manly beat any of the top 3 or 4 teams this year.

jeffdragon

Bench
See what happens today.
If storm.get through I think theyre attack will be too much for souths .
Cant stand walker and gagai so I don't want sourhs to get up.
I'll be cheering for Penrith or storm.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think the semis went a long way in proving that if you stop Tommy it goes a long way in stopping Manly. The Storm and Rabbits didn't give him room and their attack suffered. Saab and Garrick were scoring tries for fun outside Tommy against the weaker sides this year. Of course the forwards of the Storm and Rabbits also laid the platform. While I have laughed at all the commentators talking about the Rooster's injuries, I think it did catch up with them last week and Tommy was able to exploit that. I doubt he would have dominated if Manu and BMoz were still there.

I might be wrong but I don't think Manly beat any of the top 3 or 4 teams this year.
Manly were just plain lucky this year that they played more weaker teams and winning by big scores than playing more of the better teams. They couldn't beat the top 3 teams.

Many clubs next year will now know how to beat Manly - just adopt the same game plan as shown by the Storm, Panthers and Bunnies - contain Tommy T and you win.

Gareth67

First Grade
See what happens today.
If storm.get through I think theyre attack will be too much for souths .
Cant stand walker and gagai so I don't want sourhs to get up.
I'll be cheering for Penrith or storm.
I would truly like the Penrith to get up over the Storm to make it a Rabbitohs/ Panthers G.F. but I believe it is just beyond them .

I reckon that Souths would have an even money chance of beating them however against the Storm they would be at long odds .

If Penrith are able to put last years GF defeat behind them and play with the same confidence that they have had all year then they will have a chance . They must make no mistakes whatsoever and match the physicality of the storms forward pack .

Coach Cleary will need to step up a few notches with his game plans to be able to match it with Bellamy for his young charges to advance to the big dance next week .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I would truly like the Penrith to get up over the Storm to make it a Rabbitohs/ Panthers G.F. but I believe it is just beyond them .

I reckon that Souths would have an even money chance of beating them however against the Storm they would be at long odds .

If Penrith are able to put last years GF defeat behind them and play with the same confidence that they have had all year then they will have a chance . They must make no mistakes whatsoever and match the physicality of the storms forward pack .

Coach Cleary will need to step up a few classes with his game plans to be able to match it with Bellamy for his young charges to advance to the big dance next week .
I think the Storm players will be freshened up and free of any niggles after having last weekend off so will be hard to beat. They have been the form side all season and I'm predicting that they will go back to back.

If the Panthers can get the Storm to make many mistakes and have more attacking possession in the Storms red zone to score several tries, they could spring an upset but I'm still leaning towards the Storm winning today.

TruSaint

Referee
I think the Storm players will be freshened up and free of any niggles after having last weekend off so will be hard to beat. They have been the form side all season and I'm predicting that they will go back to back.

If the Panthers can get the Storm to make many mistakes and have more attacking possession in the Storms red zone to score several tries, they could spring an upset but I'm still leaning towards the Storm winning today.

End of Sept. the cream rises to the top.
This is Bennett / Bellamy territory.

I think Mel will be way too good for the Pennies. Either way, I hope it's a cracking game and not a try fest like yesterday.

Gareth67

First Grade

Must agree Dave , the weeks break would had work wonders with the storm , cannot see them being beaten .

I do hope that ( and I am not being a nasty bastard 🤔 ) that the panthers can do a bit of damage to them , win , lose or draw . In particular I would love to see one of the Panthers islander boys sit Munster right on his behind .

DragonBorn95

Juniors
What a game.. it could go either way.. the defence has been on point.. Melbourne's attack will be alot better this half so can Penrith keep bringing that energy or will the storm roll over the top of them.. should be a great half of footy

Dragon David

First Grade
What a game.. it could go either way.. the defence has been on point.. Melbourne's attack will be alot better this half so can Penrith keep bringing that energy or will the storm roll over the top of them.. should be a great half of footy
Melbourne are playing as if they are under a lot of pressure and making quite a few unforced errors which is unusual for them. If Penrith score first in the second half then I think they will hold on to win.

TruSaint

Referee
Melbourne are playing as if they are under a lot of pressure and making quite a few unforced errors which is unusual for them. If Penrith score first in the second half then I think they will hold on to win.

So many "unlike" errors by Mel.
Still within reach.
Hynes is a good call.

Dragon David

First Grade
Penrith's defence like last week against the Eels has been the key to their win this afternoon. They will beat Souths next week if they can repeat that defensive effort and Cleary gets off after his dumping tackle.

Latest posts