What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra: The Crystal Ball Thread

Will Semi be back or is he gone for good ? What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I watched Semi’s game for Bristol v Worscheshire (sp) yesterday. Semi gave a 10/10 game at outside centre and showed that he is 10 times the player Sivo is.

It was actually a very entertaining and skilful match, if anyone is interested (Kayo).

I was going to watch it, but now you've given away the result...

Gronk

Staff member
*Was, now he is just some Yawnion mercenary.

He's on about $2M a year. The NRL can't afford him. Do you really think that he should have stayed and played for 1/3rd of what he could get elsewhere ? Isn't there a tiny bit inside you that wishes him well ? You're acting like he ditched us for the Roosters or the Cows on a Townsville house and land package deal FFS.

T-Boon

Coach
I wonder if he would have stayed if as a crowd we gave him his own chant. Did we do enough as a supporter base.
"RAD,RAD,RA" did we ever get that going?

blue bags

First Grade
egdddszxyaaavrw.jpg

Is Bristol Bears’ stunning new Umbro training stash a glimpse at England’s kit future?
Ever since it was announced that England would be switching to Umbro kits next season, the rugby world has been awash with speculation and rumour as to what it might actually look like – not least since we leaked the first ever picture of England players in Umbro stash.

We might have to wait a little while to see how England will look in Umbro, but in the meantime we have a hint at just how wild things are going to get in the shape of Bristol’s new training kit – the rising Bears having become Umbro’s first rugby club shortly after the England announcement was made – and the results are WILD.

egdn5nsxgaadkse.jpg

Pulling all the elements of Bears stash together is this striking triangular pattern that has mega Spaceship Earth and Disney’s Epcot Center vibes – it’s both wonderfully 90s and retro, yet extremely outside the box.

You might also have noticed that triangles were a big element of the pattern on the England training/testing jerseys we saw Sam Underhill and Tom Curry sport in our leaked pic, so clearly there’s a big theme there.

egdddvswoaoaflw.jpg

While we’re sure the Bears and England will not have overtly samey designs given the high-profile nature of both teams, what these Bristol kits do show us is the style that they’re going for, and it’s something altogether different from what we’ve seen elsewhere in rugby.
Not overtly modern in the way that Adidas and Canterbury have leaned in recent years, nor as 70s/80s worshipping as Macron has shown itself to be this season, instead we’re looking at kits thit that sweet spot of current fashion trends – 90s sportswear, and 90s football kits in particular.

Bold big geometric patterns, bright colours, chunky trainers with massive heels… Umbro’s vision for rugby is clear, and while we’re sure not everyone is going to like it, it’s definitely going to shake up the game.
https://rugbyshirtwatch.com/2020/08...ining-stash-a-glimpse-at-englands-kit-future/

Gronk

Staff member
The story goes that Radradra was recruited by NRL club Parramatta Eels on the basis of a photograph from that age-grade union tournament, a tale the new Fiji captain has now verified.

“Yes, it’s true. This leader had seen a picture of me with the U20s and found my legs to be very muscular for my age. He made a bet, called me and asked if I wanted to play league. I told him that I had never played and that I had never even seen a league game.

“He said, ‘We’ll teach you’. A few hours later, I received a plane ticket that sent me off the next morning! I left Fiji without even telling my family. Once there, my agent was waiting for me with the contract. When I saw the sum, I thought of my family who lived in poverty and I signed right away, telling myself that I could help them and that I would no longer have to go down to the mine.”

All these years later, Radradra is now Fiji captain and looking to do his country proud in the Autumn Nations Cup. “Honestly, I couldn’t believe it when he [Cotter] told me. I felt the tears rise. It’s a huge honour and a privilege (to be captain).

“I was so surprised. I have barely ten caps with this team. It happened quickly. I couldn’t refuse, but I immediately told him that I needed other guys to lead this team, to support me. We have some great guys here and I won’t do anything if I’m alone.”

Recalling the win two years ago over France, Radradra added: “I will remember it all my life. It was very special. We made history but those times are a thing of the past, it will not come back. Beating a tier one team at (their) home is very rare, but it also showed us that we can do it. We must learn from this victory. There is a saying that goes: ‘Nothing is impossible when the heart decides to win.'”

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-...-a-goldmine-for-2-an-hour-to-captaining-fiji/