What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious Question: Is the NRL rigged/corrupt?

DJDL

First Grade
How many have been penalised for this? WK and Jesse (?) any from other teams?
A crock of a rule

I saw one earlier in the year for another team.
Don't remember which, but I remember at the time thinking "finally someone else has been done for it".

shadowboxer

First Grade
You win a game and all this talk goes away, till the next game when we invariably lose. Majority of that is on us atm to be honest.
The game is a farce, bigger and better rubbish than it was 20, 10 & 5 years ago.

DJDL

First Grade
It comes down to the referees ego imo.

They all have little man syndrome and subconsciously hold a grudge against players and teams.

This is something I've noticed with Chris Butler.
He's got that look of disdain towards them all - "off with ye, peasants".
Can't stand him.

I don’t watch union but the way the players interact with the officials is completely different, there is zero player to referee communication. Its old school respect or your in the bin.
Makes the players just get on with it and the referee not being manipulated.

The NRL definitely has a long way to go in this regard.
There is way too much tolerance of every player getting in the ref's face and arguing over decisions.
It should be the captain and the captain only.
Anyone else speaks up and I march you 10.

I don't think the NRL has the backbone to handle the backlash for that though.

coolumsharkie

Referee
How many years in a row did the Broncos get Friday night games stacked together for the majority of the season?. That's rigging the draw to maximise revenue, and the result gives an advantage to a particular team.

Latest posts