What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sexiest Men in League thread for the Girls 2

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
MMmmMMMmm Matt Cooper...
0,,6125249,00.jpg

0,,6125250,00.jpg

Caption first pic:
Matty- 'Almost there, just stretch a little more'
Tatey- 'he's got weird ears'

Caption second pic:
Matty- 'There! Done it--oh I just let out some gas.'
Tatey: 'What the hell? You farted!'
LOL nice facial by Matty and Tatey!!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Also aside from pics thought I'd' post a couple of my F7s articles for you guys, if you haven't read 'em ;)

~~~~

Super Boot

witt_kicking_d.jpg

The NRL is lucky that over the years it has seen some wonderful goal kickers in its time. In a game as tough and fast as rugby league, sometimes it’s not always the big hits or try scoring heroics that count the most. Instead it is those vital penalties and conversions or a big drop out that can make all the difference.

Current Warriors five-eighth Michael Witt is a shining light and his kicking skills in 2007 showcased just that.

Round 14, Sharks v Warriors at Toyota Park - The game Witt came of age.

With the rain pelting down and mistakes aplenty from both sides, the Warriors entered the second half with a narrow 6-2 lead. The wind picked up causing further problems with handling which also made kicking for field position that much harder. The Warriors fought long into the second half having messed up two great opportunities before finally scoring in the last few minutes. Witt was up to take the kick, having already converted a try in the first half from an easier angle. Unfortunately for him, this conversion was at a wide angle. If the kick missed, it was understandable as the Warriors had wrapped the game up and the strong winds would make it tough even for the best kickers. However, Witt struck the ball sweetly and it swung with the wind first to the left and then back to the posts and over the black dot. It was the icing on the cake. The kick stressed two points. Firstly, it emphasised that the Warriors were back in business. After suffering that painful 6 game losing streak they were back and ready to rock. Secondly, in the previous week Witt only had two shots at goal before handing the goal kicking duties back to first choice kicker Tony Martin. In the space of two weeks Witt’s goal kicking underscored what the Warriors had been missing in a goal kicker - accuracy. Since current coach and former Warriors goal kicker Ivan Cleary retired, goal kicking was usually abysmal for the club. But, thanks to that goal they had found the perfect replacement in Witt

Round 19, Warriors v Dragons at Mt Smart Stadium - Witt has a kicking Masterclass.

The Dragons came to town not exactly playing their best football in 2007 and the Warriors wasted little time in getting down to business. Following their red hot form against cellar dwellers the Penrith Panthers, the Warriors piled on the points and Witt made it extra special with his goal kicking. Every try was a guaranteed six points, which just hammered the nail deeper into the Dragons’ coffin. Any semblance of a fight back was effectively snuffed out early and the extra points Witt added also aided the for-and-against tally for the Warriors. With a handy lead the fans and even the players could relax and enjoy the day. Over the next few weeks for the Warriors four point tries were to become certain six pointers because of Witt's radar boot. The streak was eventually broken on the road against the Tigers at Leichardt Oval, and the most disappointed person the streak was over was Witt – the sign of a true professional.

Round 21, Roosters v Warriors at Aussie Stadium - Witt’s going the distance.

It was a game that was later referred to as “one of the best games in 2007”, “a modern classic”. The Roosters jumped out to an early lead then momentum swung and the Warriors piled on the points as Witt was back to his goal kicking best. He slotted over the conversions as the Warriors clawed their way back into the match. While general field kicking was terrible, Witt more than made up for it with two great kicks in general play. The Roosters were up by one with less than a minute to go. Hot on attack but still some distance out, Witt gets the ball and kicks a field goal to tie the game. Then, in golden point extra time with time ticking away, Witt kicks a magnificent drop out going 70 meters getting the Warriors out of jail and allowing them to defend the last few seconds outside their red zone.

It's fast approaching the business end of the 2008 season, and I have a feeling that Michael Witt will feature with another clutch conversion or long distance drop out. Even if he doesn’t, it’s still a joy to watch a true master at his craft.
~~~

Last edited:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
~~~~

Pretty Boys’ Glamour Club

witt_kick_setup_d.jpg

There is much more to rugby league then just end-to-end action.

One of the most appealing aspects to me is the players, with their sensually good looks, toned legs, muscular bodies, perfectly styled hair, cheeky smiles and kind eyes.

Presentation in sports has become more important over the last few years, and to draw a wider audience there has to be a sense of appeal. Not all women that follow the game in this day and age fully grasp the logic of the game, but there are some I know who watch purely because they’ve seen a good looking star in the team. Without these pretty boys I just don’t think the game would feel the same.

My sister is an example. While she has a handle on football, her interest became focused on league one weekend a few years ago when the Dragons were playing. She didn’t know what was going on apart from the score line. It was infuriating trying to explain to her what was happening. Ironically, at a pivotal moment of my explanation, the camera focused in on Dragons five-eighth Trent Barrett and she was instantly hooked. From then on, she would watch every game the Dragons played every weekend on TV just to catch a glimpse of him. Barrett has the styled hair and lovely smile which puts him in the pretty boy club, not just for his on field performance. Even injured on the sidelines he makes benches look good.

The NRL these days is full of good looking men, some clubs have more than their fair share of good lookers, but only a select few from that group make up my Pretty Boys’ Glamour Club:

Jonathan Thurston (Cowboys)
He simply oozes confidence as a professional footballer on the field with his near faultless playmaking ability, accurate goal kicking, and leadership, and he’s a skillful representative player as well. Mixed in with this, he’s got the tanned toned body and messy hair that gives off the ‘just got out of bed and threw on my head gear’ look. His mesmerising eyes and cheeky, boyish grin justify his inclusion in the 2007 Sexiest Men of League competition.

Michael Witt (Warriors)
He has the boy-next-door good looks with his killer smile, tantalising eyes and smooth, muscular, and toned body. At the same time he has proven to be an excellent goal kicker and his playmaking ability is slowly making its way to the surface. What makes Michael the best of the bunch is his presentation in the jersey; he always fills it out nicely. He looks good in anything from the traditional black and silver to the red and white of the recent heritage round. Also another justified inclusion in the Sexiest Men of League competition.

Cooper Cronk (Storm)
Cooper is another young one still in the early stages of development. He played at hooker before moving into halfback and has proven to be a talented playmaker and should make the step up and feature more on the representative stage. Cooper, too, was included in the Sexiest Men of League competition. There are no arguments from me on his inclusion. With an adorable baby face and a heart melting smile it is hard not to fall for this one.

Darren Lockyer (Broncos)
He is not everybody’s cup of tea but for yours truly he falls into this category quite easily. A smooth talker, beautiful eyes, appealing body and there’s been no major change in his appearance over the years apart from his hair style or rather lack thereof. A full time representative footballer with success on every level adds to his appeal.

Craig Wing (Rabbitohs)
Having done a bit of modeling early on in his career he, along with Michael Witt, sits right up there as a high ranking pretty boy. Very tanned and toned with a smile that could easily send the heart all of a flutter. Versatility works best for him on the football field, his skill testament to his talents. For a time he had a co-host appearance on a TV show that surely brought in a new type of fan once he returned to the rugby league field.

This is only a small taste of what is available in the league market. It brings the sex appeal of the football to another level. Without a doubt, if we didn’t have these guys I wouldn’t have followed the game with as much interest and vigour as I do now.
~~~

wittyfan

Referee
Great articles!!!!

Also you should email to first one to Ivan Cleary and remind him how good Witty is!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Ok here's a bit of challenge for you all.

Can you name 3 players from each NRL club that you think is good-looking. They don't have to be your fave, but you just have to think they are good-looking/hot/gorgeous...etc. If you have more than 3...too bad! lol. You're only allowed three from each club.

Example my top 3 are: Michael Witt, Grant Rovelli, Wade McKinnon

Latest posts