What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

TheRev

First Grade
Particularly when we are screaming for a strong winger with serious pace.. this is our boy.. I dunno if he has the maturity.. but lets test him.. he still has 2-4 weeks to go in SG.. but get him under lock and key..

Edit: I am rly curious about his change in field side.. if indeed the run sheet is right.. might be something in that.

justadragon

Bench
Particularly when we are screaming for a strong winger with serious pace.. this is our boy.. I dunno if he has the maturity.. but lets test him.. he still has 2-4 weeks to go in SG.. but get him under lock and key..

Edit: I am rly curious about his change in field side.. if indeed the run sheet is right.. might be something in that.
Maybe they thought he would be better suited on the opposite wing. If he is the type of guy that can play both sides, then watchout !!!

TheRev

First Grade
Maybe they thought he would be better suited on the opposite wing. If he is the type of guy that can play both sides, then watchout !!!
it just got me thinking that they might be sizing him up for JF or Cup in a few weeks.. that said it could just be that that young kid Jensen (who just scored) could only play 1 side... maybe I read too much into it..

justadragon

Bench
it just got me thinking that they might be sizing him up for JF or Cup in a few weeks.. that said it could just be that that young kid Jensen (who just scored) could only play 1 side... maybe I read too much into it..
All possibilities are good mate, but definitely this kid has it all so far, defence is always an issue in the higher grades.

TheRev

First Grade
Dragons did the Steelers a solid, SG Ball Finals are looking good now:

o Dragons: Already into the finals
o Steelers: Can get into the finals 2 ways:
==> 1) Win next week.. and theyre in..
==> 2) Lose next week and if 'both' of the other 2 games go to plan (i.e. the unbeaten roosters and 5th place Eels win their games, then the Steelers will still sneak into 6th spot).

Here is the ladder + the 5 games next week that define the Final 6 are as follows:

1711259002299.jpeg

Update: Steve mentioned in his group that Steelers had quite a few injuries out of today...
SGB were smashed by a big Dogs side, ended up with only one on the bench.
Injury list the last few weeks LKT, Langdon, Kirk, Laughton, Pearman, Miners.

Attachments

• SG Final Round v2.jpg
    SG Final Round v2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

He played left side

TheRev

First Grade
Well the SG Ball highlights are up, but the Dragons game isnt in it.. what a shame,, you can catch the Steelers highlights if you like, its all just the Dogs running over us, and a couple of dummy half scoots from us @11m26s:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Thanks Random. Great highlights and photos. Cheers!
I was at Forshaw Park (yes Sharks territory- how does that happen?) on Sunday afternoon and saw the majority of the SG Ball fixture Dragons v Raiders. My impressions were as follows:-

-Overall a scrappy game marked by big hits and lost possession. The Raiders were no mugs- bigger/taller forwards than our pack and some good individual players. However, our forwards have skill and seemed to be toying with their opposition at times. -Jesse Williams scored right in front of me what must be a strong nominee for try of the year in any competition- a shallow kick from one of our halves over the heads of the Raiders outside backs but in front of the full-back. He accelerated past those Raiders backs as if they were statues, caught the ball on the full and burnt past the hapless Raiders full-back like he was the road runner. Seriously, this kid is an excitement machine. BUT- he's not the modern prototype winger- he's actually only short to medium in height- so he's not the next Lomax- but then do we really want another Lomax??
- Liked the little I saw up close of Brendan T- the nuggety half back- reminded me of a young Jahrome Hughes- was barking defensive instructions to his forwards when the Raiders threatened and then lead from the front and put on a hit where he drove one of the Raiders behemoths back 5 metres.
- Shady Hammoud is a dead eye dick when it comes to goal kicking- kicked from mainly from out wide and didn't look like missing. Slight in build didn't really show up in general play however.
- Didn't see much of Loko Pacifiki- was on the sideline for most of the match- didn't look injured and only went on in the last ten minutes.
Overall, Loko was the only forward I saw with a tall NRL ready body- our forwards- skillful as they are- were short and built like middles-hopefully some vertical growth still possible.

TheRev

First Grade
awesome game notes thx redandwhite4ever!

Will be interesting to see what the Dragons do this weekend, its sort of a dead-rubber.. not sure if it matters where they finish in the 6.. the biggest thing is avoiding playing those Roosters for as long as possible.

The main issue is injuries.. the Steelers should win this weekend, but with all their injuries, im not sure they are a finals threat.. but right now the Dragons squad is pretty close to full-strength.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The Saints Squad literally has been the same since round 1, probably would be a good game to rest 1 or 2 and give some others game time, especially in the forwards.