What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sh*t crowd last night..not acceptable!

eels_fan_01

Bench
Ice777 said:
Well that's it then it's settled. On that logic we should kick the Storm out of the comp :lol:

Im not saying kick them out of the comp, im just saying dont celebrate because Storm have been in the comp since 1998 and have been in the 8 every year expect one, won a premiership and made the grand final last year and have been top of the table the last 2 years......and are pulling 11 thousand averages.

big pat

Coach
isn't there a rule about posting dumb thread's like this, all he is doing is baiting people then he goes offline, what a waste of time.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
t-ba said:
For the uninitiated, Sharko is 'Doctor Death' Rehashed, a bitter, bitter Norths fan, with Vendettas against News Corp and Manly.
I had not picked up on that yet.Makes sense though.Still cut about the Gold Coast beating Central Coast hey.But seeing as the Gold Coast are going great guns, have a dig at Melbourne.

m0j0

Bench
Dodger said:

For some reason, the Endeavour link is correct and reflects 8 home games with a total attendance of 91,977 for an average of 11,497. However, the Cronulla link for 2007 shows 9 home games with a total attendance of 105,564 for an average of 11,729. The difference of 13,587 is the attendance of their first game against the Warriors at Mt Smart which was a home game for the Warriors, however the stats at this site seem to have included it as a home game for the Sharks for some reason.

Summary:
11,497 is the correct home average for the Sharks.

Lime_Green

Juniors
Terrible crowd.

We managed to get almost that off the back of a 4 game losing streak, a freezing cold Canberra afternoon, being 14th on the ladder and playing a side with a tiny fanbase.

Storm :arrow: Gosford.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Baron Vo Mandor said:
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. I'll leave this one alone except "pot calling kettle black".

Idea for you to take on board: contribute to the discussion instead of the poster/s in it.

I may have attacked the person in question but I have addressed the topic and why the person posting about it is a moron.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lime_Green said:
Terrible crowd.

We managed to get almost that off the back of a 4 game losing streak, a freezing cold Canberra afternoon, being 14th on the ladder and playing a side with a tiny fanbase.

Storm :arrow: Gosford.

Almost that? 1000 difference champ. Read any of the rest of the thread? The Storm average crowd figure is up a few thousand PER GAME this year.

Lime_Green

Juniors
Dodger said:
Almost that? 1000 difference champ. Read any of the rest of the thread? The Storm average crowd figure is up a few thousand PER GAME this year.

Until this week it was the same for the Raiders, and they weren't minor premiers last year or flogging the rest of the field this year.

I don't know why we bother with a league team in VIC. I lived there for 6 years and there's no way the sport is going to be anything but a fleeting curiousity to 99.9% of the population there.

Quidgybo

Bench
I find it no surprise that after the Origin game last year the Storm went on to record some great crowds in the second half of the season which in turn was followed by a great crowd for the Tri-Nations match in October. And I find it equally unsurprising that with zero follow up this season from the NRL and ARL this momentum has once again been allowed to slip away. As a game, are we serious about cracking the Melbourne market or do we still expect it to just be handed to us on a plate?

Leigh.

dubby

Bench
I have to agree with Sharko.

For a club at the top of the table for not one but two years and to have average crowds of under 12k is appalling. I would guess that any other club in the same situation as the Storm would be averaging approx. 50% more IMHO.

If these figures are all a top notch Storm club can gather, if this is the future of our game in Melbourne we can expect a short life from them.

No I'm Storm bashing, I just look at the facts and figures as I see them.

Bluebag

Juniors
The crowds at Storm games are very good given that Sydney crowds include supporters from other teams makingthe trip across town to watch while going to Melbourne is a bit too costly so very few make the trip.

With a new stadium too be built it will mean more corporate sponsorship and more revenue for the Storm and without them in the comp the big end of town sponsors will not be so plentiful or so generous as they seek wider exposure in the big markets to grow their brands. Without that exposure they will pay less for the sponsorship your club receives.

It is business and it isgrowing nicely. Junior development in Victoria is continuing to increase with more schools getting league development officers to attend for the kids.

So all in all it is a great team, great package and great future. For some though it will never be enough other than jealousy to death ride them.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
What makes Melbourne's attendance immune to criticism? It seems as though whenever it is brought up everyone immediately jumps on the front foot.

After a decade in the competiton their averages have gone slighly backwards if anything, and they weren't crash hot to begin with. For a team that has multiple rep players, is a joy to watch and are on a different planet to every other team in the league the crowds the Storm pull are very poor. I'm not sure how that can be argued.

I'm not questioning Melbourne's right to be in the league, they absolutely must, but the crowds are poor and last night was no different.

The Preacher

First Grade
sharko said:
The only team to have this sort of advantage over all other clubs was Manly in the Arko and Quayle era.

For a start I'd like to know what years you're talking about ??? And secondly, when did Quayle ever have anything to do with Manly ??:?

Latest posts