What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

Surely

Post Whore
Barrett and flanno need a reality check. Hope the nrl fine them. They are the opittimy of sore losers. I'm glad a few people have come out and slammed them. Nearly every controversial decisions was correct. And the ones that weren't were a 50/50 grey call that could of gone either way. The ref bashing has to stop. The coaches better becareful what they wish for with regards to wanting the ref to explain decisions to there players in the sheds. Some cold hard facts would be hard for them to take. The ref could pull apart how horrible cronulla and manly played. The refs decisions were right. If they don't like the decision don't blame the refs. Blame the game committee for the rule. I hope this media storm puts the coaches on edge and they start to look at the team instead of blaming someone else. As well as the commentators the coaches have no regard on how this makes the game look. This isn't the first time the refs have been bagged for making the correct decision. A lot of decisions within a game are 50/50. The commentators need to accept that and not say the decision is wrong because it's 50/50. How can a ref get a 50/50 call wrong?? Because Gould has a vested interest in who plays in the finals or who gets suspended. I really hope nrl pulls these idiots into line. Because the way they carry on affects the media storm that happens next.

Why aren't we talking about the 4 close, exciting games that were played over the weekend??

Why because the refereeing f**ked them that's why.

50/50's sure no issue

Blatent 4m forward passes

Walkers foot in front, f**k me they would have had to go down to millimetre on the tape measure for that one.

Support players tackled when not in possession and not even a penalty, especially after Maloney was binned, give me a break.

Ball stripping that's tricky but something is wrong with the rules if they only get 50% of the calls right.

OldPanther

Coach
Yes they were considering so much went against them in the game but only lost the lead in the 85th minute.

But hey keep thinking the Cowboys were the better team by taking the lead in the 85th minute.

You mean like the Bird try which came on the back of a nonsense penalty.

carcharias

Immortal
Most people can understand that your team would be annoyed by some decisions not falling your way.

That's fair enough. I get the same way with my team. 50/50 calls are exactly that, could go either way.
To be pissed and rage against the refs for that, is immature and unsportsmanlike like.

It's fine to be pissed but coaches and more so commentators should realize the decisions are open to interpretation and there job isn't to be a ref but to commentate on the game.

There you go.

betcats

Referee

50/50's sure no issue

Walkers foot in front, f**k me they would have had to go down to millimetre on the tape measure for that one.

Support players tackled when not in possession and not even a penalty, especially after Maloney was binned, give me a break.

Ball stripping that's tricky but something is wrong with the rules if they only get 50% of the calls right.

Its an absolute tragedy.

Edit: In recent years both the sharks and the sea eagles have been the beneficiaries of dud ref calls in knock out semis(hand of foran, 7 tackle set etc). What goes around comes around, suck it up you sooks. Manly weren't even hard done by, their coach just had a big f**k off whinge and the media love and dumb fans eat that up.

Last edited:

Stormwarrior82

Juniors

50/50's sure no issue

The refereeing didn't f**k them at all. They f**ked themselves. Simples. Sure be annoyed and pissed but to blame the refs is out and out wrong. Refs don't make you miss tackles or make a bad defensive read or just get out played. Manly played 50% worse than the week before and should of got beaten.

4m pass was touched so correct decision.

Walkers 50/50 offside call didn't fall your way. Deal with it.

carcharias

Immortal
NRL should organise a special game between Manly & the Sharks. Call it the Crybaby Cup. This is the trophy.
783-8221_PI_TPS2849726

Ricky would blow up

Latest posts