What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

The Enforcer

Juniors
So Flanagan believes that getting some refereeing decisions correct (according to him) should take precedence over getting crowds to the game.
Nice one Flanno.

insert.pause

First Grade
Why is it that fox could see Prior strip the ball but channel 9 claimed he lost it, over & over again? Fans take their cues from these morons.
2ahsi7r.jpg

RedVDragon

Juniors
What about Moroney. He gives away plenty of penalties. He should be sent off rather than sin binned. Flano has a hid to complain. Grub.

Regarding the sin bin it was the correct decision but i can understand sharks fans being annoyed because its rarely enforced.

Bj Leilua deliberately run a player off the ball last week in the ancient days of raiders still playing and the ref just gave a penalty.

Next year there has to be an effort to rub out these deliberate penalties inside the 20m and a way of doing this is with sin bins. Im not going to point fingers of who started it cough roosters cough but all teams do it now and it must be dealt with. Its in my eyes hurting the game

Luke Lewis was clattered to the ground 3 times on kick chase (twice while in the 20) and it was "play on".
Ricky Leutele was tackled without the ball while in support and Sosaia Feki was subsequently bundled into touch. Play on. The complaint is not about the decision in isolation but the wild inconsistencies in interpretation of players in contact without the ball. One resulted in a sin bin and points to the Cowboys, the others in a change over, a skewing of the stats to make the Sharks completion rate worse.

Shorty

Staff member
Regarding the sin bin it was the correct decision but i can understand sharks fans being annoyed because its rarely enforced.

Bj Leilua deliberately run a player off the ball last week in the ancient days of raiders still playing and the ref just gave a penalty.

Next year there has to be an effort to rub out these deliberate penalties inside the 20m and a way of doing this is with sin bins. Im not going to point fingers of who started it cough roosters cough but all teams do it now and it must be dealt with. Its in my eyes hurting the game
Well better late than never, Maloney has been doing that all season and it was a deserved sin bin because of how overt it was.
As a bonus it shows how much of a liability Maloney is in defence in all aspects.
Hopefully he isn't chosen to play for Aus, hopefully most of the Sharks' are left out of that side tbh.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
OT but Why didn't Fifita just take a charge towards the posts and let Maloney or Townsend slot the field goal??

Epic brain snap and poor game awareness

betcats

Referee
OT but Why didn't Fifita just take a charge towards the posts and let Maloney or Townsend slot the field goal??

He's dumb, Even for an NRL prop that was dumb as f**k. I was cheering the cowboys and laughed so hard when he started going sideways.

No. Refs fault.

Yes it was extraordinarily poor play but is irrelevant to the issue at hand.
The Sharks may have won had this happen but the refereeing would have still been poor. I doubt Flano goes into the presser and unloads but he would be thinking "how in the hell do I plan for this refereeing?"

shaggs

Coach
Everyone here will defend their own players and coaches.

But, really all we want is a game that is reffed consistently.
Hold downs in the 10, sometimes a bin sometimes not. Running a player off the ball, sometimes a penalty, sometimes a bin, sometimes nothing.

Suspensions for high shots or dangerous throws. That changes week to week.

All supporters want is to know how the rules are going g to be ruled before they turn up

Shorty

Staff member

Cows in last quarter of the game started getting up into his face, once you contain Fafita, he runs side ways to try and look for a smaller player to go at and almost always makes an error, he did it for the Blues in games 2 and 3.

betcats

Referee
Cows in last quarter of the game started getting up into his face, once you contain Fafita, he runs side ways to try and look for a smaller player to go at and almost always makes an error, he did it for the Blues in games 2 and 3.

Yep this weakness in his game has been massively exposed by QLD. Its something he can fix if he works hard at it though.

Canard

Immortal
The complaint is not about the decision i

It specifically was about the decision, Flanagan stated he believed it wasn't a professional foul.

Flanno was deflecting attention from a sub par performance from his players and refused to take any responsibility.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yes it was extraordinarily poor play but is irrelevant to the issue at hand.
The Sharks may have won had this happen but the refereeing would have still been poor. I doubt Flano goes into the presser and unloads but he would be thinking "how in the hell do I plan for this refereeing?"
Fair enough. But it's very easy for coaches to plonk the blame on refs.

Coaches make the refs job much harder by looking for ways to push the boundaries of the rules including having their players constantly putting pressure on refs to award penalties.
So in a way they reap what they sow.

It specifically was about the decision, Flanagan stated he believed it wasn't a professional foul*

Flanno was deflecting attention from a sub par performance from his players and refused to take any responsibility.

*In light of Coote being offside anyway and Luke Lewis being run off the ball with no penalty,
I haven't heard the footage but he claimed that the Touch judge shouted " Coote is offside".

If indeed this is true, it should not have been a penalty, let alone a sin bin as Coote should have been penalised for being offside. So in that case it is the wrong decision. When you marry it up with Lewis getting clobbered on kick chase with no penalty the inconsistency becomes clear.

Latest posts