What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

beave

Coach
That's beside the point. He is claiming the touchie was shouting COOTE OFFSIDE!
If this is indeed true (and I have no way to verify as I was at the ground) then Coote shoulda been penalised. Maloney doesn't end up in the sin bin.

If the report is true that the touch judge said this and Coote was indeed onside as you have outlined it's just further proof that the refs are off their heads.

If Lachlan Coote (wearing #1) was in fact called 'offside' in that play by anyone, I fear they need to go and get their head checked mate.

643A50B6-1BE8-4CF7-BBA7-E504AE208AD4_zpszsk7t3ri.jpg

Don't know what made me laugh more, Gallen being his usual selfish player and driving the ball in instead of letting it go for a drop goal, then trying to milk a penalty and losing his team the game, or Flanno looking a beaten man about to burst into tears whilst blaming everyone except his merkin team for losing! Such sweet times are made for savouring.

Every year there's no Perth NRL team is a great year!

You'll be pushing up daisies before it gets put on the NRL table.

No worries we'll be back next year.

You'll again have no team to follow.

Vee

First Grade
God forbid a coach getting angry after his side lost a controversial match

Guarantee anyone else in his shoes does the same thing
Rubbish. Blaming it on the refs so he doesn't have to give hard truths to his players because they're too precious and their ego too fragile.

Eion

First Grade
Yes, it is. See Freddy's wrap on the nrl app.

And the more we stand strong against this rubbish, the quicker the coaches will tell their players not to risk it and the sooner the game will benefit.
Fine. Should have continued the 'stand' against the cowboys by binning a few of them for taking out Lewis

Saxon

Bench
That's beside the point. He is claiming the touchie was shouting COOTE OFFSIDE!
If this is indeed true (and I have no way to verify as I was at the ground) then Coote shoulda been penalised. Maloney doesn't end up in the sin bin.

If the report is true that the touch judge said this and Coote was indeed onside as you have outlined it's just further proof that the refs are off their heads.

If a touchie or ref called "Coote offside" - which I find highly unlikely since he is at least 6 metres behind the kicker - it does not mean that the sin bin is invalid or that Coote should have been penalised. The refs have this annoying habit of calling players off before they interfere in play, and only penalising them if they go on to do so. Coote wasn't and didn't, so no harm no foul.

Anyway, given Flanagan swore that Valentine already had the ball when Maloney scragged Lowe and it obviously was not the case, it's very possible that he was mistaken about the "Coote offside" call too or more likely (given his obvious agenda) that he made it up.

Maloney is the most penalised player in the comp for a reason and it's not because the ref's hate him.

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
Everyone will laugh at Flanno and good on them for doing so, it's only natural to feel resentment towards a successful coach but let's not let the personalities get in the way or what an abysmal refereeing performance we've seen all weekend, 2 games decided with the whistle

That's two teams who have worked hard all year having their seasons decided on a decision, an incorrect decision, just shows how crucial it is to finish in the Top 4, ironically though the bad calls came in the elimination games
F*ck off! Barrett was wrong on both calls, were the Sharks any better than you claim the refs were? No, they weren't.

Spot On

Coach
Toddles trying to show everyone he has a pair.

....but nothing to say over the piss poor crowd attendances in Sydney.

Easy to come out and say we must stop blaming the refs but too hard to come out and say why people won't go and watch the game live??????

Piss poor and a weird thing to do. They have the fine system in place for the coaches who spray the refs so why did he need to announce they'd be using it with Barrett and Flanno? Its been used before without announcing it and supporting it in the media.

Fix the Bunker, the ruck and the god damn referring to a satisfactory level then give your Churchillian speech if the coaches continue to carry on.

Something is broke Todd so go and effing fix it. That is your job.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach

After this Panthers kick early trap Manly in their end DCE kicks out on our 40. We go down and get a repeat set with the overturned drop out off Tom Turbo. Next set the Peachy try. Manly kick off push RCG in goal. During their set T-POW throws a dodgy ball behind his players ruining their set and DCE puts a bomb that DWZ defuses and we go to the 40m Cleary kicks down field and Uate fumbles and Cartwright scores. Manly got screwed by themselves.