What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Richardson

Kingdom

Juniors
I have closely followed the plight of the Rabbitohs ever since the appointment of Shane Richardson as CEO. Surely the time has come for his removal from this position before Souths can worry about its many other problems involving the coaching staff and its out of form/past their use by date players. In all his time as CEO, Souths have mostly languished outside the top 8. There is no secret that he is not well liked in Rugby League circles including the realms of his own club. As one ex-player (not a Rabbitoh) once said to me, "he is an arrogant man who thinks he invented the game". He is the person ultimately responsible for the poor performance of South Sydney and the signing of footballers well past their use-by date for excessive amounts of money while at the same time overseeing the exodus of talented juniors to rival clubs because he is not prepared to meet the market in order to retain them.

hunters

Juniors
"Plight of the Rabbitohs", "many other problems". Exagerating a bit aren't we? And the exodus of talented juniors? Thinks we've done a fair job recently in retaining the ones we want.

All in all, I think Richo's doing a fine job.

johnkelley

Juniors
Not sure where you are coming from but i'm sorry i can't agree with your opinion on anything you have said.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i think richardson has to go. i can tell you , the only reason for our major signings is a phone call from russel crowe.

Fein

First Grade
I have closely followed the plight of the Rabbitohs ever since the appointment of Shane Richardson as CEO. Surely the time has come for his removal from this position before Souths can worry about its many other problems involving the coaching staff and its out of form/past their use by date players. In all his time as CEO, Souths have mostly languished outside the top 8. There is no secret that he is not well liked in Rugby League circles including the realms of his own club. As one ex-player (not a Rabbitoh) once said to me, "he is an arrogant man who thinks he invented the game". He is the person ultimately responsible for the poor performance of South Sydney and the signing of footballers well past their use-by date for excessive amounts of money while at the same time overseeing the exodus of talented juniors to rival clubs because he is not prepared to meet the market in order to retain them.

If this post was made after a couple of hundred priors and a reasonable length of time here I'd be inclined to debate you.

coombsy

Juniors
personally I think Richardson is doing a good job , however, if Craig Wing is released especially to another nrl club I will not be renewing my membership of the club and that can lie squarely on the shoulders of Shane Richardson.

Fein

First Grade
personally I think Richardson is doing a good job , however, if Craig Wing is released especially to another nrl club I will not be renewing my membership of the club and that can lie squarely on the shoulders of Shane Richardson.

lol - another one. :lol:

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. I suggest you click on the below link:

www.melbournestorm.com.au

I hear that they are very receptive to turncoats.

South Sydney > Craig Wing.

If he leaves, we will find someone to replace him and surprise surprise, the sky will not fall on our heads. The World will keep turning and someone else will just have to step up to fill the void.

We've been without him before, we can do it again. I'm sure the club are doing everything possible to keep him, but you also can't let individual players hold you to ransom either.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I agree I think Richo has done a fair job he is the most respected CEO in the NRL (Remember Tapp he was the joke of the NRL) and we don't want that to happen again. One thing that Richo has to do is to make sure Wingy stays a Rabbit if not there 15,000 membership will plummet dramatically.

Fein

First Grade
I won`t be fo;;owing another side but Wing at the moment is imo the heart of the side and if the powers that be can`t see that and choose to let him go it is a disgrace.

OK, assuming you are genuine, it may very well be that no matter what the club does, Wing will want out anyway.

How would that be Richo's fault?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
While at the same time overseeing the exodus of talented juniors to rival clubs because he is not prepared to meet the market in order to retain them.

Fair initial post, that. But I do find the sentence I have quoted as the most odd.

Eddie Paea is playing in the Bundaberg Cup.
Sam Huihahau is playing in the QLD Cup.
Manase Manuokafoa is in and mainly out of the Cows side.
Yileen Gordon has played several games for the Dogs off the bench.

Which one of those players are we desperately missing?

coombsy

Juniors
OK, assuming you are genuine, it may very well be that no matter what the club does, Wing will want out anyway.

How would that be Richo's fault?
I`m genuine with my comments. If he wants out fine, as long as he enjoys retirement. I have a problem with players who sign contracts and because they get a better deal they want to move on. In the real world if I sign a contract with my employer they expect me to honour it and not go and work for the competion.

Fein

First Grade
I`m genuine with my comments. If he wants out fine, as long as he enjoys retirement. I have a problem with players who sign contracts and because they get a better deal they want to move on. In the real world if I sign a contract with my employer they expect me to honour it and not go and work for the competion.

Yes, I agree with all that but as you would appreciate, Wing can choose not to honour his contract at Souths and still play for another NRL club.

My point is, Richo could hardly be blamed for that.

coombsy

Juniors
Yes, I agree with all that but as you would appreciate, Wing can choose not to honour his contract at Souths and still play for another NRL club.

My point is, Richo could hardly be blamed for that.
Your probably right, maybe Richo is not soley to blame but as the man supposedly in charge he has to work out why wing is unhappy at the club. It is not Souths fault that according to media reports that Wing lost money with his investments and wants to look else where to consolidate his losses but it will be there fault if they allow a player to walk out on a contract to play with a rival nrl team. Do you remember when Jamie Lyon walked out on Parramatta? He was not allowed to play for a rival nrl club until his contract had expired with the eels. I just hope if Wing decides to leave that Souths put the same conditions in places.

Fein

First Grade
Your probably right, maybe Richo is not soley to blame but as the man supposedly in charge he has to work out why wing is unhappy at the club. It is not Souths fault that according to media reports that Wing lost money with his investments and wants to look else where to consolidate his losses but it will be there fault if they allow a player to walk out on a contract to play with a rival nrl team. Do you remember when Jamie Lyon walked out on Parramatta? He was not allowed to play for a rival nrl club until his contract had expired with the eels. I just hope if Wing decides to leave that Souths put the same conditions in places.

Richo has made a number of statements in relation to Wing, at all times expressing his desire for him to honour his contract.

I really don't think he can do any more.

It's all up to Wing.

coombsy

Juniors
Richo has made a number of statements in relation to Wing, at all times expressing his desire for him to honour his contract.

I really don't think he can do any more.

It's all up to Wing.
It is up to wing, but souths should make him honour the contract he has in place and if it`s not having him play for the club it should be stopping him signing with a rival club until his contract expires with Souths hence the Jamie Lyon reference.

I wonder how everyone on here will feel if Wing goes back to the Roosters. What opinion would you have of Souths management and its parading Wing 2 years ago with "Welcome Home" mid season.

Latest posts