What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Approve Central Coast Move

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yes thats right redback, its all the fault of a few anonymous posters on an internet forum.

haha Zing zing for that clown Surely. But can you do me a favour please & not quote him when you reply.?Otherwise all of us that have ignored him see his irrelevant rants.

chiana

Juniors
Ofcourse it isn't. Geezus imagine if we were going that bad we had to merge with somebody!!

We all have to remember, we are the richest club in Sydney in terms of assetts & will be the richest club in the league if the development comes off in time.

Then the NRL should have no reason to say that we cannot play 5 matches at Gosford.

So far playing at Gosford is still only a proposal. It hasn't as yet been signed off by the NRL that we can do this.

redback

Bench
Yes thats right redback, its all the fault of a few anonymous posters on an internet forum.

Not all fluffies are members of this forum. I work with some fluffies and they have never posted on the forum. Like their forum brothers though they have there heads in the sand!

Surely

Post Whore
Not all fluffies are members of this forum. I work with some fluffies and they have never posted on the forum. Like their forum brothers though they have there heads in the sand!

yes thats right redback its all the fault of a few anonymous posters on an internet forum and some guys from a sheltered workshop.

redback

Bench
yes thats right redback its all the fault of a few anonymous posters on an internet forum and some guys from a sheltered workshop.

If I knew thats where you worked, I would have gone easier on you.

It explains a few things though!

We all have to remember, we are the richest club in Sydney in terms of assetts

?

Club Gross Assets Net Assets
Sharks 36,582,985 22,830,928
Saints 46,836,585 39,960,515
Parra 56,998,707 21,947,533
Easts 69,854,630 42,744,032

And that's ignoring the Penrith Group and Canterbury.

& will be the richest club in the league if the development comes off in time.

Perhaps. I've only ever heard the headline $110m value of development number. What's the forecast profit? What's the financial structure of the deal? How does an entity with $23m in net assets and basically zero liquid assets fund such a huge deal?

?

Perhaps. I've only ever heard the headline $110m value of development number. What's the forecast profit? What's the financial structure of the deal? How does an entity with $23m in net assets and basically zero liquid assets fund such a huge deal?

With great difficulty? Especially in the midst of the GFC.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
?

Cheesie....don't waste your breath with truths and facts...
Sit back and watch mate...it's gonna get a whole lot uglier before some people realise the dire situation.
And did you know ...this was all because of Greg Bird...lol

:lol:

Fein

First Grade
I'm not in it for the schadenfreude. I want to see the Sharks survive if they can put together a viable business model.

You sir, are to be commended.

A finer exponent of the game of Rugby League and it's survival I have not seen on this forum. ;-)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Ofcourse it isn't. Geezus imagine if we were going that bad we had to merge with somebody!!

We all have to remember, we are the richest club in Sydney in terms of assetts & will be the richest club in the league if the development comes off in time.

Geez Reefy. I admire your passion to no end, but isn't there a time where you have to stop and ask what the only possible outcome is going to be from todays action.

What if the development does NOT come to pass? If it does, what if it takes three years? Will the Sharks still be around?

The Gosford move will allow Cronulla to tread water, but you can be sure they have their eyes on that 8 million dollars if they can't get the tender throungh Sutherland Shire Council, who are notoriously slow movers.

I really hope you can sustain yourselves in the Shire as I wouldn't wish for anyone to lose their club the way Norths & Newtown supporters lost theirs.

Besides, who else is going to be the perennial whipping boys if the NRL loses the Sharks from Cronulla?