What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks are Just Pretenders.

ByRd

First Grade
I think that they should bring Nathan Merrit into first grade. He is carving up reserves & is a way better player then covell & merrit can also kick goals. He is the leading pointscorer in prem league. He scored 40 in 1 game, he deserves a shot.

wittyfan

Referee
Cronulla's performance last night was like Eric Grothe Jnr.'s singing. Inept and embarrassing.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
dog4life said:
I think that they should bring Nathan Merrit into first grade. He is carving up reserves & is a way better player then covell & merrit can also kick goals. He is the leading pointscorer in prem league. He scored 40 in 1 game, he deserves a shot.

Merritt is a fine attacking player, though his defense IMHO isn't up to 1st grade standard.

The Sharkies are in a slump at the moment, but I don't see them missing the 8. They will bounce back.

McLovin

Staff member
dog4life said:

My god even opposition supporters can see this. We definately need to reshuffle some players. Move Covell to the centres with McGoldrick to be dropped. Merrit comes in on the wing. Looks like Vagana will be out for a few. Ohh fugg writing the rest of the post, were screwed.

Roosters to put a cricket score on us...

White Poiner

Coach
cronulla were very bad this week. We lost because of penalties, but most of them were cronullas fault.
we lost so what. Are the dogs gone, what about the roosters?
Its only half way throught the season cronulla will bounce back.

BWNB

First Grade
yes they will . we loose 2 games and we are pretenders after a great start . admitedly we dont look good but i think we are still a chance.

number8

Juniors
Get over Covell you idiots. He was a player who earned some respect with his (very) early form but then you lot all decided to crawl up his ar*e & live there awhile. [-X

People give it to him, & give it to you lot because he was never what you thought he was. He had a great start to the season but pressure saw him fall back into the form that had seen him unwanted elsewhere.

Centre, 5/8......Please play him there........Please. I would love to see that. He is sh*thouse but Centre, 5/8........If you say so. :rolleyes: He can't even kick anymore!

Sharks need a defender the likes of a Bobby Boucher & a Coach the likes of a Coach Klein to save their season. You are gone.

Goooooooooorne! :alcho:

White Poiner

Coach
number8 said:
Get over Covell you idiots. He was a player who earned some respect with his (very) early form but then you lot all decided to crawl up his ar*e & live there awhile. [-X

People give it to him, & give it to you lot because he was never what you thought he was. He had a great start to the season but pressure saw him fall back into the form that had seen him unwanted elsewhere.

Centre, 5/8......Please play him there........Please. I would love to see that. He is sh*thouse but Centre, 5/8........If you say so. :rolleyes: He can't even kick anymore!

Sharks need a defender the likes of a Bobby Boucher & a Coach the likes of a Coach Klein to save their season. You are gone.

Goooooooooorne! :alcho:

He got 3/3 against the tigers.
I never said covell should be a 5/8, covel should be droppe4d only if sharks havw a better replacement which they dont. Merrit is one of the worst defenders around.

BWNB

First Grade
he is also kicking at 75 % this year also i think.which is better than noddy but you dont have to be good

Kiwi

First Grade
white pointer! said:
I never said covell should be a 5/8, covel should be droppe4d only if sharks havw a better replacement which they dont. Merrit is one of the worst defenders around.

Covell has been found out the last 4 weeks. He is a target now, and hasn't responded at all to the pressure. He is missing tackles, doing squat in defense. basically doing so little that and playing so poorly that he MUST be dropped.

Not even his kicking matters, the Sharks have to get within 10 first for that to matter, and he is part of the reason they are not getting even close to other teams..

White Poiner

Coach
kiwi why drop a player if the replacement is weaker than these weaknesses the other teams are targetting?
Covel is better defender than merrit so if nathan merrit played this week we would of lost by 50.
I agree that he should be dropped but for who?

Kiwi

First Grade
white pointer! said:
kiwi why drop a player if the replacement is weaker than these weaknesses the other teams are targetting?
Covel is better defender than merrit so if nathan merrit played this week we would of lost by 50.
I agree that he should be dropped but for who?

So Merrit is the only outside back playing for the Sharks in premier league? If Merrit is that bad, find someone else.

White Poiner

Coach
mate i am just saying there is not better replacement for him. merrit is the only chance but he can only attack. Merrit will get a chance this year, i hope he dosent f**k it up.

Kiwi

First Grade
white pointer! said:
mate i am just saying there is not better replacement for him. merrit is the only chance but he can only attack. Merrit will get a chance this year, i hope he dosent f**k it up.

There's no point in worrying about attack if they keep leaking in the points they have been. Replace him with a defensive winger.

imasharkie

Coach
white pointer! said:

Do you go to the Jets games pointer because the reports coming from Jets supporters say he is going great guns. Are you saying the Jet supporters who post on the sharks forum are lying and that your opinion is better than all theirs?

imasharkie

Coach
Covel is better defender than merrit so if nathan merrit played this week we would of lost by 50

Ahhh there you go again Pointer. Please supply your stats to back up your statement.

Latest posts