What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

They were all minor, they then talked about how the sharks set up a system (another company tied to 'someone' in power) in 2017 to get third party payments for players trying to sidestep the 'the club cant organize third party' agreements. Most of which didnt go through.
This was when Lyal Gorman was The Group CEO of both the Leagues Club and the football club, he knew nothing of This and escaped all penalties
Ok.

Reactions: Vee

GongPanther

Referee
Mate i'm not deflecting, i'm just saying you probably played a team over the cap every week nearly, and the team that played against you probably played a team over the cap also.
Oh,your saying "probably"...sorry Milkshark,I thought it was common news that other teams had been caught over the cap.

But yes,hypothetically anyone could have or be playing someone over the cap. But it has been established that one club has been caught,no body else...except for very minor breaches of say $20k over.

Generally everyone has been toeing the line. A mostly unfair 3rd party conga line,but nobody yet has come up with a better system.

Quicksilver

Bench
John Morris will be a shit coach, Will be like he was as a player.

That ok?

Time will tell.

It's going to be tough for him as it is for any rookie coach. It's a steep learning curve.

He does have a solid academic and junior coaching background that will help him make the step up.

We wish him the best.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So effectively, by using salary cap reduction as a punishment, results in players being punished.

There is half a million less the player pool can earn.

The clubs themselves, have less overhead.

shaggs

Coach
The salary cap reduction is for money the club can spend on players.
The NRL give each club a grant to pay the players. Does the grant remain the same?

If so, it benefits the clubs to have more money to funnel into support staff etc

The NRL give each club a grant to pay the players. Does the grant remain the same?

If so, it benefits the clubs to have more money to funnel into support staff etc

Does it work like that? Seems odd

siv

First Grade
They really should announce the cap excess each year

If 13 14 15 were minor it would highlight it.

While bonuses in 2017 would be expected and should have been allowed for

NRL.need to be transparent

M2D2

Bench
They really should announce the cap excess each year

If 13 14 15 were minor it would highlight it.

While bonuses in 2017 would be expected and should have been allowed for

NRL.need to be transparent
Did you and saxon not f**king read what was explained or watch the press conference?

Vee

First Grade

Interesting question, Todd?

Quicksilver

Bench
Sharks will be gone in 5 years.

Bookmark, Save or screenshot this post.

I know Boats

I really hope this isn’t true. I like the Sharks.

I enjoy going to the games and having a beer with all the friendly opposition supporters.

It would be a real shame to lose the opportunity to get together with League lovers from all across the country. I always try to make them feel welcome and I must say the hospitality is often returned when we travel.

Yep no detail on the per season breach
No outline mate, the nature of this would suggest the third party stuff is the significant issue regardless of the Cap being broken or not.

I may be wrong, however I got the impression the club may not have been over the Cap or if they were it wasn’t much, more so that the nature of payments not disclosed and tfe sneaky cheating shit is why they are in this situation and rightfully so.

Before M2D2 lamblasts me, I watched it, but haven’t read anything yet

M2D2

Bench
No outline mate, the nature of this would suggest the third party stuff is the significant issue regardless of the Cap being broken or not.

I may be wrong, however I got the impression the club may not have been over the Cap or if they were it wasn’t much, more so that the nature of payments not disclosed and tfe sneaky cheating shit is why they are in this situation and rightfully so.

Before M2D2 lamblasts me, I watched it, but haven’t read anything yet

They were all minor, they then talked about how the sharks set up a system (another company tied to 'someone' in power) in 2017 to get third party payments for players trying to sidestep the 'the club cant organize third party' agreements. Most of which didnt go through.

GongPanther

Referee
Wtf is your problem with the Sharks dude? Did one of their players have relations with your misso?
He reminds me of that so called Wests Tigers poster who trolled the Panthers threads.

He claimed to have a big yacht on the harbour,a flashy sports car that when I quizzed him I looked on Google maps,and he was bullshitting about the location where the picture of the car was taken.

If it is him, and the signs look like they are, just ignore him.