What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Jasdragon

Juniors
So whatever happened to Gallen saying he was misheard?

CRONULLA captain Paul Gallen claims he was misheard...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/gallen-fined-10000/2009/05/25/1243103475490.html

Blacktip Reefy, do you still think Paea was the one who was lying?

Mate don't worry yourself with what these pathetic idiotic Scumnulla supporters think! Don't waste you time trying to talk reason with these moron's! They will try and defend that grub Gallen even when he admits saying what he was accused and fined of saying, they will not admit they are WRONG. Just look at the banners they display! :lol: :lol: They are just bored idiots with nothing better to do than talk sh*t!

ParraFan09

Juniors
gallen deserved to get wat he got.
but do u think if it was someone with a clean track record
the price would of been the same?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Pretty sure your hero has been owned by his own hand. Literally? You mean he entered Paea's skeletal region?
Ne, he entered the non black region.

Perhaps it's OK in your neck of the woods. Racial vilification is illegal in 2009.
so is stepping on somebody's hand deliberately.

What time is it in Cronulla btw? 1954?
I agree that Gallen is a bit behind the times. he should have used terms like Rock Ape, Gollywog, Fuzzywuzzy etc which are not illegal.

On the contrary he reacted like any man would who was just insulted by a gutless twit.
IF Gal had used a sentence any longer than black merkin, he would have had to write him a ltter it would take so long for Paea to understand it.
Gallen looked like he was going to cry.
Ohh please.

To Paea's credit, he forgave your hero.
No he didnt , he made a scene had a pansy hissy fit next to the referee.
The media, the NRL and YOUR club were not so forgiving.
because they are all soft coks.
Oooh naughty reefy, saying naughty words... you naughty rebel you.
poo bum

Fess up Reefy, you backed the wrong side on this one.

I will always appear to be on the wrong side of the weak. Political correctness is out of control in our game. leave it on the streets & away from the game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You didn't answer my question.

What time is it in Cronulla btw? 1954?

Come to think of it, you can't answer that. Cronulla had no juniors in 1954, and history has never been a strong point.

BS aside, has your coach made any comment about Gallen's spectacular fall from grace?

He has been unusually quiet.

I guess he has his hands full dealing with the winning culture.

sydraider

First Grade
If someone stomped on my hand Id be doing a bit more than calling them a black merkin.

I see you are still precious Willow, after all these years....

Ribs

Bench
I cant see how anyone thinks he stomped on his hand deliberately, he wasnt even looking down so he must have used the force.

He's a scumbag and has been shown to be very publicly. Gold.

As for Paea, its all upwards for him, he plays in Saints pack. If you're thinking about a pack going backwards look in your own backyard.

LOL sydraider, whinges for two weeks every time Mundine wins a fight too, pattern forming.

Meth

Staff member
Gallen's defenders are flogging a dead horse- what he said was unquestionably a racial slur.

Meth

Staff member
Deliberate or not, if there's one human being in the game who deserves a stomp on the hand it is Paul Gallen. He can dish it out...

sydraider

First Grade
I cant see how anyone thinks he stomped on his hand deliberately, he wasnt even looking down so he must have used the force.

He's a scumbag and has been shown to be very publicly. Gold.

As for Paea, its all upwards for him, he plays in Saints pack. If you're thinking about a pack going backwards look in your own backyard.

LOL sydraider, whinges for two weeks every time Mundine wins a fight too, pattern forming.

I dont whinge after Mundine wins a fight, I laugh at people like you who defend him, not only for sh*tting on your club twice but finding the best mediocre opposition in the land. Par for the course with saints fans though, you all took it sideways from him and still do.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Read the rest of the article...

"I think whether I have the `c' next to my name or not, I am the Sharks captain and I am the leader of the club," Gallen said.

"You only have to ask the players that."

Read into that whatever you like. I read that there is dissention over the decision and that Gallen feels he has the backing of the players.

What does it say about the incoming captain?
Trent Barrett said on BigPond Sports Weekend yesterday that he doesn’t want to be the Sharks captain and that Paul Gallen should resume the position once he returns from injury.

Barrett said, “Gal wears his heart on his sleeve and things happen on the field and anyone who plays the game knows that and Gal is going through a bit of a tough time at the moment… it doesn’t worry me too much I’m not going to change my game whether I’m the captain or not, I’d much prefer Gal to stay in the job. I think it’s his decision if he thinks it’s time for him to concentrate on some other areas and let himself just get into his footy well I’m happy to help him but I don’t think it’ll be necessary I think it’s something that he’ll learn from and move on.”
http://bigpondtv.com/?ref=Net-Head-TV

Seem the incoming captain will toss the coin talk to the ref, do the media (which trent is good at)

Gallen will lead from the front on the field, he has been for a couple of years.

Ribs

Bench
I dont whinge after Mundine wins a fight, I laugh at people like you who defend him, not only for sh*tting on your club twice but finding the best mediocre opposition in the land. Par for the course with saints fans though, you all took it sideways from him and still do.

Geale was a 21 - 0 world champion you twit. You cant stand him winning, its laughable....

As for sh*tting on the club, the game treated him like sh*t so he left. I cant see why it bothers you so much. Then again...

Id be doing a bit more than calling them a black merkin

Says it all really.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Seem the incoming captain will toss the coin talk to the ref, do the media (which trent is good at)

Gallen will lead from the front on the field, he has been for a couple of years.

I don't doubt that Angry - Barrett will be a fine figurehead. The sharks club however, have removed Gallen from his captaincy, officially in any case.

Is it drawing too long a bow to suggest that the club took this action to appease sponsors, board members, players, media and fans? Is it merely an exercise in lip service to put an end to the drama?

If so, Gallen would probably be doing himself a favour if he just copped it sweet.

Btw, we always knew this wouldn't go away just because Paea refused to lodge a complaint. The cat was out of the bag, and there's never a shortage of hounds.

matt

Juniors
f**k the penalties, i want to see a man that plays the game Hard rip the sh*t out of a toad.

Latest posts