What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Sam I Am

Juniors
You're not certain what generalization means are you?

Not only do I know how to spell generalisation in Australia, I recognise it when you do it. And above you generalised that "you f**king idiots" (yes, note the plural) don't know what racism is.

carcharias

Immortal
You're not certain what generalization means are you?

he has no idea...
A certain underlining theme is running through all of these anti Gallen threads.

All you have to do is show them something they would perceive as racism ..and sit back and enjoy the show.

We have been laughing at them for for days now.

Sam I Am

Juniors
he has no idea...
A certain underlining theme is running through all of these anti Gallen threads.

There certainly is a theme. We are sick of watching Cronulla performing despicably and then blaming others for its moral turpitude. Time and time again the same act is played out.

• It's not my fault I rioted. They came onto my beach.
  • It's not my fault she complained to the police. She came to my team's bedroom.
  • It's not my fault I racially abused another played. He stood on my hand.
It's always somebody else's fault. No responsibility. Although I have been reticent to select teams that don't need to be in the NRL, I certainly wouldn't be upset if the Sharks were no longer represented.

I feel sorry for Paul Gallen. He is being unfairly targeted by the NRL. It is definitely a conspiracy. Sharks fans should be outraged and should boycott this site and the NRL in general.

ramble_on

Juniors
Not only do I know how to spell generalisation in Australia, I recognise it when you do it. And above you generalised that "you f**king idiots" (yes, note the plural) don't know what racism is.

Knowing how to spell it the Australian way doesn't show you know what it means.... and you obviously don't.... but you are still smart though... just ask ya......

carcharias

Immortal
There certainly is a theme. We are sick of watching Cronulla performing despicably and then blaming others for its moral turpitude. Time and time again the same act is played out.

• It's not my fault I rioted. They came onto my beach.
  • It's not my fault she complained to the police. She came to my team's bedroom.
  • It's not my fault I racially abused another played. He stood on my hand.
It's always somebody else's fault. No responsibility. Although I have been reticent to select teams that don't need to be in the NRL, I certainly wouldn't be upset if the Sharks were no longer represented.

hahahahahahaha

I'll let you in on something.

I purposely made that banner for dumb fuggers just like you....in fact I made them all..especially to upset the likes of you.

as for that hilarious rant of yours ..does the term "generalisation" ring any bells?

see ya...my work here is done.:lol::lol::lol:

Sam I Am

Juniors
Your culture. You can defend it all you want.

The rest of us are sickened by it, and won't miss it.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yep, I linked to a report that said that. And against that I have your word. I know which I will go with.

You do that princess & continue to be the petulant stupid little drama queen you are.
What species are you by the way. You sound like you were picked on.

adamkungl

Immortal
the way some of you look at this is so incredibly arbitary. when in reality the issues surrounding race and discrimination is so incredibly complicated. obviously some of you lack the comprehension to understand the complexities of this problem. but thats okay, i guess we all have our own views on everything.

And this is why we will never agree on anything like this. Looking too far into it if you ask me. I know the history and the issues surrounding race - but quite simply I don't think they apply to Paul Gallen. Oppressing a race was the last thing on his mind when he blurted out black merkin, sometimes I really think you just have to take it on surface value instead of going all cultural studies student on it.

But as I said, I can't see us ever agreeing.

Sam I Am

Juniors
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/gallen-quits-sharks-captaincy-20090601-bsh7.html

Test lock Paul Gallen has quit the Cronulla captaincy just hours after admitting his guilt and apologising for racially abusing St George Illawarra forward Mickey Paea.

"I think whether I have the `c' next to my name or not, I am the Sharks captain and I am the leader of the club," Gallen said.

I think the problem was that be put a "c" next to Paea's name! :lol:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/gallen-quits-sharks-captaincy-20090601-bsh7.html

"Comments were made in the heat of the moment and I'm sorry for the pain that it has caused Mickey Paea, his family and my family.

"Despite a number of people including Paul's own player association trying to cloud the issue with an ill informed attack on our process Paul has today had the courage to stand up and show true leadership by facing up to a mistake."

A number of people on forums like this, too.

Meanwhile Gallen has slammed the ABC's Four Corners report that exposed the group sex scandal on the club's 2002 pre-season trip to Christchurch.

Surprise, surprise. Not our fault. Typical Cronulla!

"That program that was run was totally biased ... the lady in question wasn't even cross-examined and it's basically destroyed a good man's life."

Interesting. I don't remember any Four Corners reporters forcing Matthew Johns to engage in group sex. Still must be their fault.

Kiki

First Grade
yeh..despite the fact that every blog i write is dripping with sarcasm. good one mate.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think the problem was that be put a "c" next to Paea's name! :lol:

A number of people on forums like this, too.

Surprise, surprise. Not our fault. Typical Cronulla!

Interesting. I don't remember any Four Corners reporters forcing Matthew Johns to engage in group sex. Still must be their fault.

How is there any "fault" to be had, they didn't bloody do anything wrong...

Kiki

First Grade
And this is why we will never agree on anything like this. Looking too far into it if you ask me. I know the history and the issues surrounding race - but quite simply I don't think they apply to Paul Gallen. Oppressing a race was the last thing on his mind when he blurted out black merkin, sometimes I really think you just have to take it on surface value instead of going all cultural studies student on it.

But as I said, I can't see us ever agreeing.

well i have a degree in Communication majoring in Cultural Studies and Modern History so thats probably why i view these issues in a certain way.

but yeh, we dont have to agree. and that's okay. it was the same at Uni, not everyone agrees all the time and its fine...its about the discussion.

Latest posts