What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cheating the Salary Cap?

Diesel

Referee
They are gone, if the club knew about it those ones should be hung out and dried (but they won't), its the fans and innocent players I feel for.

This club is going down or relocating soon

Grapple

Bench
Obviously not great for the sharks franchise, but those new signings, combined with some of the old Cronulla players would be a great building block for a new team if they were to come on the scene.

BranVan3000

Coach
I feel for the Sharks. It's clear that there are four other teams with very similar issues, but the Sharks are taking the brunt of the punishment.

drake

First Grade
Feel sorry for the fans and the folk who work for the club and aren't privy to any dodgy behaviour. Finally looking like being contenders, memberships up and then media scandal after scandal. Still nothing proven, but the damage is already mounting.

applesauce

Bench
It this is true (along with the accused doping) then I fear this will be the catalyst for the Sharks to get the boot unfortunately.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Find it hard to believe we have been cheating the salary cap when we've been under it for years.....bigger things to worry about at the moment than a disgruntled ex-security provider.

applesauce

Bench
Find it hard to believe we have been cheating the salary cap when we've been under it for years.....bigger things to worry about at the moment than a disgruntled ex-security provider.

If 3rd party payments are coming from a club sponsor that is just as much a breach as being over.

Sources of payments is most likely the issue here, not the amount over the cap.

I don't necessarily agree. They are stuffed at the moment, so why not air all their dirty laundry now and get it out there at the one time so that it doesn't come back to bite them later.

Because the club is experts at one thing. Screwing up!

We the innocent fans cop it from the wankers because of these useless fugwits.

When the other clubs go through this their fans will have our support.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...with-horse-drugs/story-e6frexnr-1226593894057

PHIL Rothfield:
Equine substances. What evidence do you have of that?

Irvine: They were well aware of it. It happened over a few weeks.

If the chairman of the club says they knew about it is there any point in using the 'still nothing proven' line?

I believe Mr Irvine just gave away ASADA's case.

Hope he ain't going to cop it over that, because its about time someone fessed up rather than all this cloak and dagger (read as hatchet) stuff