What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Fans Views...It'll Make your Blood Boil

Are the Sharks Scum

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Southernsaint

Staff member
Scummer said:
Myth: St George Illawarra has a history which dates back to 1921.

Truth: All official NRL records and statistics indicate that the joint venture came into existence in 1999, as a 50/50 merge between the St George and Illawarra clubs. While the St George club, which dates back to 1921, remains in existence in the junior grades and as a 50% stakeholder in the St George Illawarra club, it no longer holds a position in the First Grade. As a result of this, St George Illawarra has zero premierships against its name, despite what some vocal Dragons’ supporters may insist. This is confirmed by the NRL’s official information handbook, the 2003 Media Guide.

No self-respecting Saints fan claims that, as you said. In fact, even though the NRL, media, and the club itself play off St George's history, the majority of fans are aware of the JV.

However, most Dragons fans are fans of the St George Dragons, you know, the club whose mighty history dwarfs yours. Just because they're not participating in the NRL at this point in time doesn't diminish their achievements, nor does it change the fact that the Scum have had 37 years & won f**k all.

Scummer said:
Myth: St George Illawarra has been the better team.

Truth: Since 1999, the Dragons have played 132 games, winning 64 of them. This equates to a winning percentage of just under half – 48.49%. In comparison, Cronulla have competed 133 games, winning 73 of them. This is a winning percentage of 54.89%. From this, it is clear that Cronulla have been the better performing team since St George Illawarra arrived on the scene.

Lies, damn lies & statistics. The fact of the matter is that both teams have had average form since 1999, the only difference being that Saints have actually made a Grand Final, something The Scum haven't done since 1978 - Not counting Stupor League.

Scummer said:
Myth: St George Illawarra is the dominant of the two clubs.

Truth: Since St George Illawarra’s inception, the two clubs have played twelve matches. From that twelve, Cronulla have won 8, St George Illawarra 3 and there has been a single draw. The Sharks have won 67% compared to the Dragons’ measly 25%. Furthermore, in matches played between the two clubs, Cronulla have scored 281 points, while St George Illawarra have managed only 229. Therefore, we can conclude that Cronulla are in fact the dominant club.

And The Scum have really kicked on with this "dominance" haven't they?? I've seen match-boxes bigger than the trophy cabinet at Sharks, LOL, "International".

It really is a shame that Saints can't seem to lift when playing nothing teams like North Queensland. Or Cronulla.

Scummer said:
Myth: St George Illawarra sticks to their famous jersey, while Cronulla appear to change every other year.

Truth: Since St George Illawarra’s inception, both clubs have used different jerseys. Cronulla have worn five jerseys: the Pepsi jersey, the shark fin jersey, the current gills design, the 2002 commemorative jersey and the current white away strip. In the same period of time, the Dragons have worn six different jerseys: the red vee, the Where’s Wally away jersey, the Steelers commemorative strip and three ANZAC day limited edition jerseys. Whereas the Dragons red vee jersey has been a mainstay throughout the period, Dragons administration has used special edition jerseys to suck money out of fans that otherwise wouldn’t be purchasing new merchandise. We can conclude that Cronulla has, in fact, used fewer jerseys in the same period of time.

You answered your own "myth": "Whereas the Dragons red vee jersey has been a mainstay throughout the period". That is the key. The away jersey has been foisted apon the club by the NRL & the other jerseys are one offs because Saints actually play in Marquee Games, unlike The Scum.

Compare MAIN jerseys & you'll see where the rest of the League world is coming from.

Scummer said:
Myth: St George Illawarra is a more heavily supported team.

Truth: Since 1999, Cronulla has had better crowd attendances in every year except for 2003. Aggregate crowd figures put Cronulla a long way in front – not including 2004, Cronulla’s total aggregate for this period is 821 388. This is compared to St George Illawarra’s total of 731 666 – almost 90 000 in favour of Cronulla. Therefore, it is easy to conclude that Cronulla are the more heavily supported team.

You don't include away support. The Dragons have supporter clubs in Victoria, Melbourne & even Germany, with plans to start one in Perth too.

Saints would be near the top of attendance figures for away crowds too, something alien to Scum fans who have a phobis of crossing the Captain Cook Bridge.

Scummer said:
Myth: St George fans fought Illawarra fans at the corresponding game Sharks vs Dragons game last season.

Truth: Unfortunately for Dragons fans, this one is the truth, and indicative of the rabble that the joint venture is. As the team fell behind on the scoreboard, tempers flared, and punches were thrown. A united club? Far from it.

Were you in the near vicinity of the "incident"?? I was. Two brothers had a few beers & had a bit of push-and-shove, it was handbags material. that is until Sutherland's finest waded in & made things 100 times worse by using excessive force.

The matter has since been taken to court by one of the fellas & Sutherland Police are now a few dollars lighter for the indiscresion :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
I was owned? I didn't see an ounce of hard fact up there, just opinions and lies... ;-)

All part of the carnival Garbo. Can't wait till next year's instalment.

Next year's installment will only look even more dour for the Dragons.

SirShire

First Grade
cussy said:
FACT-"The sharks have spent half trhere existance staving off bankruptsy" J.Lang, Deadset ledgend , 2004.
FACT The sharks have no history,heart or culture.
FACT They have tried to manufacture a culture by putting forward some "immortals" which wouldn't rate a mention in any other league team
FACT they are going to pay a million samolians to Mr Anderson for the privilage of being butt F...ked by his winning culture.
FACT They have onezip, zilch, nada, nothing for almost forty years.
FACT They seem to think and are happy just by beating us instead of looking at the big picture and aiming to maybe one day making a GF.
FACT They are insanley jealous of their neighbours wealth and success of the years.
FACT They suck

Can't you spell you dropkick?

Ribs said:
Im starting to come to terms with the lack of education in the Shire.

:lol: :lol: [/b]

Anonymous

Juniors
Salmon said:
Can't you spell you dropkick?
Yes, S-A-L-M-O...
...wait, let me try again...
J-I-M-B... hang on I can get this... nope, it's gone.
Damn, that's what you get for going to Cronulla High School for three years... :shock:

carinashark

First Grade
Saints, sad and soft.Past glory wont count on Saturday night. Perhapse the whole team could wear white boots?
Carinashark

Southernsaint

Staff member
carinashark said:
Saints, sad and soft.Past glory wont count on Saturday night. Perhapse the whole team could wear white boots?
Carinashark

Perhaps The Scum could fold like the bunch of soft-cocks they were in the 1973 decider when they were pummled by Manly?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

TRIALS

Juniors
Willow said:
lol... the poll just shows that there are more Sharks trolls than Saints supporters on these forums.

willow, are you a saints supporter? ...or just an ordinary wanker?

Southernsaint

Staff member
1200 sharkettes said:
Willow said:
lol... the poll just shows that there are more Sharks trolls than Saints supporters on these forums.

willow, are you a saints supporter? ...or just an ordinary wanker?

He's a Saints supporter, you're an extraordinary wanker!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

TRIALS

Juniors
Cheers,
Ben S.

your like a f*cken broken record mate, no one gives a f*ck that
your names Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The irony is that if Saints supporters had carried on like you two peanuts in your Scum forum, the forum Nazi's over there would have deleted or locked it in an instant.

Instead, I think we'll let this thread stand as a monument to your stupidity.

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: 1200 Scumette, at least i put my name to everything I post, I'm not a keyboard cowboy like you :roll:

TRIALS

Juniors
should your name be southwestsaint anyway moron ....thats unless your a steelers supporter.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Exibit A:

1200 sharkettes said:
should your name be southwestsaint anyway moron ....thats unless your a steelers supporter.

Kids: Just Say No to drugs...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Ribs

Bench
So tell me carinashark, who's c*ck will you swallow to get into Toyota Park this week?

Anonymous

Juniors
the forum Nazi's over there would have deleted or locked it in an instant.

Don't be bitter because we locked your post Southernsaint. You posted news that already had a thread dedicated to it. You should probably be more thorough in your reading before you choose to troll next time... ;-)