What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Fitnes coach

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The answer to this question is a massive and emphatic NO.

I believe that Trent Barrett is assisting Sticks with the Origin squad.

My understanding is that the former coach and current coach had a falling out. Stuff dating back to their time at the Roosters, but only came to light when they were together at the Sharks.

I think the falling out prob happened over one of the lunchtime games of table tennis, that were happening up until early last year.

Feej

First Grade
I think all signs are pointing to us having 2 years of spending absolutely nothing and putting us in a situation to spend money in 2 years time.

And in the 2 years we will have the most depressing, boring and uninspiring time possibly in the clubs history.
Can we really afford this? By the end of year 2 we will be averaging crowds of around 5k and be teetering on the brink of oblivion. They're taking a huge risk if you're right.

SharkShocked

Bench
Can we really afford this? By the end of year 2 we will be averaging crowds of around 5k and be teetering on the brink of oblivion. They're taking a huge risk if you're right.

Feej,

I don't think we can afford not to be a competitive team for two years either and what worries me most, is the level of our ability in comparison with other teams. I traveled down to Canberra last weekend and was disgusted with the footy we played after the 20 minute mark. Sure everyone enjoys going to the football and seeing your team win, but this year with my season tickets, i'll be going to the game hoping they compete not hoping they win... if that's going to be the feeling for 2 years then yes our crowds will drop significantly and to be fair would you blame people?

I'm a shark man through and through, but tell me with our current crop, would you spend your hard earned on a ticket down at Cronulla to watch a team possibly compete for 50 minutes max each week or would you spend it elsewhere if you were just an average fan who rocks up now and then...

I honestly think we are going to be forced to watch some absolute terrible football for near on 2 years and am fully preparing for it mentally.

I just don't see any logical reason to extend his contract without any proof of his ability unless there are significant reasons to do so, that being in this case a massive cash strapped focus on survive survive survive and then maybe look to spend a bit of cash in one big raid / hit.

Surely in 2 years we will have some cash to spend given who is on and off contract...

Since 73

First Grade
I think the falling out prob happened over one of the lunchtime games of table tennis, that were happening up until early last year.

My source believes it was due to an argument over how long a game goes for.
Sticky was adamant it was 80 minutes and Phlenow took offenece.

cb4

First Grade
The club couldnt be graced with better news. Elkin is a dead set wanker.
He never changes anything, and chases people away who approach him with new ideas.

carinashark

First Grade
We dont seem to be able to get through the full 80 the past few seasons. Time to go Trent even if he is on nothing he has been here to long.

shaggs

Coach
This us great news.

We might get someone who believes in sport science and has kept up with the times. He ie a relic.

Now we need someone who was taught by des's team or by bennets science team.
Spend the money, get the GPS, and all that gear,

Elk is going to be surprised at Parra. Catterick is forward thinking, but maybe doesn't put a hard edge on the players. It's a good combo in reality. Elk won't be tip dog there.

Last edited:

Vin Fizz

Bench
There's no doubt about it. We looked totally f**ked for the second half of the season for whatever reason. A change will be good. I suspect there will be lots of changes at the club over the next few years. I reckon the development approval will see the Sharks as a club morph entirely. Tip of the ice berg IMHO.