What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Fitnes coach

PJ

First Grade
Heard a story last year about the club approached a third party to sound out a highly regarded fitness person from OS.

All was set up and the club didn't bother calling the guy.

Third party was a bit miffed as it made them look bad, and the target thought it unprofessional. Don't fancy the chances of them being as helpful this time if they ask.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Great news ... we get to inject some fresh ideas, we have been behind the best conditioned teams for some years now.

Thats a shame i found the perfect product for him, guess he will have to take it to parra

AICA ribonucleotide or AICAR (aminoimidazolecarboxamideribonucleotide) is an intermediate in the generation of inosine monophosphate, which acts as an AMP-activated protein kinase agonist.[1] It stimulates glucose uptake and increases the activity of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases and in skeletal muscle tissue,[2] as well as suppressing apoptosis by reducing production of reactive oxygen compounds inside the cell.[3] In 2008, researchers at the Salk Institute discovered that AICAR given to experimental mice significantly improves their performance in endurance-type exercise, apparently by converting fast-twitch muscle fibers to the more energy-efficient, fat-burning, slow-twitch type. They also looked at the administration of GW 501516 (also called GW1516) in combination with AICAR. Given to mice that did not exercise, this combination activated 40% of the genes that were turned on when mice were given GW1516 and made to exercise. This suggests it may be possible to obtain some of the benefits of exercising without actually exercising.[4] Because of the enhanced endurance effects, this could potentially be used by athletes to enhance their performance..

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I like how he made honest tolier Jonny Green put on weight this season. Honest tolier Jonny Green played lot's of games for a champion side the last few seasons. Honest toiler Jonny Green did so as a very lean green machine.

HTJG has always had issues with lateral movement. So it was inspired of Elkin and Flanno to make him bulk up and play in the park all year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The rumours persist

ARTHUR TALKS TO BUNNIES
Redfern is looming as the likely destination for unwanted Parramatta coach Brad Arthur. Our spies tell us he has been in talks with South Sydney head coach Michael Maguire, who worked closely with Arthur when they were assistants at Melbourne. Arthur's departure isn't the only change to the coaching staff at Parramatta - we are told Ricky Stuart will switch Craig Catterick from head trainer to the vacant football manager's role, with Cronulla's Trent Elkin likely to be poached as the new strength and conditioning boss

LINK

carinashark

First Grade
Hello 60 min EEL's. And how the 7 owns the game, remember that? I used to love Ricky but after this years SSO I think he only goes well with lots of cash and lots of stars who already know how to play.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hello 60 min EEL's. And how the 7 owns the game, remember that? I used to love Ricky but after this years SSO I think he only goes well with lots of cash and lots of stars who already know how to play.

jack Gibson

"what makes a good coach is beeing a good recruiter."

Squae

Juniors
I thought Elkin was already poached, spewing....oh well heres hoping.

Any ideas of a quality replacement if he does go ? (I would like someone from Des's corner, or Melbourne or Brisbane)

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
0.jpg

Replacement?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
apparently ricky stupid is after all our support staff physio doctor etc etc grub
You mean, his ex staff?
& if he were to get them, do you think that he is doing it as payback?
& if they go, is it because they prefer Ricky over Cronulla or that they might get paid?

apparently ricky stupid is after all our support staff physio doctor etc etc grub

If they want to follow him that's fine by me.

It would mean that the Club would be almost rid of anything associated with his failed time at the Sharks.

I'm sure he's stoked to be reunited with his star signing Taulima Tautai.

haha...

Frenzy.

Immortal

So what? I can't see that any of them have a great record for success especially with injury management.

Let 'em go. Let 'em go fugg the Eels up.

You mean, his ex staff?
& if he were to get them, do you think that he is doing it as payback?
& if they go, is it because they prefer Ricky over Cronulla or that they might get paid?

Knocking the Club again I see.

So what did the Club ever do to you for you to be so bitter?