What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Loose ;)

Anonymous

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Willow said:
Saints ended their season in round 20 ;-)

No they didn't. ;-) Dragons were hardly convincing last night, they're still light years behind the Top 3. :)
Get use to it sully, the round 20 loss loss to Saints put the Sharks behind the 'top eight ball'... it's been an uphill battle for you guys ever since.

wittyfan

Referee
Willow said:
Get use to it sully, the round 20 loss loss to Saints put the Sharks behind the 'top eight ball'... it's been an uphill battle for you guys ever since.

Certainly it didn't help, but with teams like Canberra and Newcastle struggling of late, the loss wasn't exactly catastrophic.

Anonymous

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Willow said:

Certainly it didn't help, but with teams like Canberra and Newcastle struggling of late, the loss wasn't exactly catastrophic.
I beg to differ.
Saints knocked the Sharks out of the top eight... and ever since then, they've been on the outside, looking in.
It's a fact.

Funny how a thread is posted regarding cronulla, you people are obviously jealous of our great, surviving club :p . Disappointing effort by the Sharks but at least, at the end of the year we can look back on some great victories. Like that win over the Roosters, the 'benchmark' side you could say. How did the Dragons go against them? Please refresh my memory? :-k :lol: Sharks technically can still make it to, with two wins [-o< . Then we will beat the Roosters (predicted via whatif calculator) and then go on to win the Premiership! Realistically, we wont, but Dragons with the likes of the Bulldogs and Roosters have no chance as well :)

Anonymous

Juniors
Sharkies all the Way said:
Funny how a thread is posted regarding cronulla, you people are obviously jealous of our great, surviving club :p
:lol: Nice word, 'surviving'.
"The Sharks have no influence and no money.

They have spent half their history staving off bankruptcy. Some seasons have been a success just to exist."

- John Lang (March 2004)
Disappointing effort by the Sharks but at least, at the end of the year we can look back on some great victories. Like that win over the Roosters, the 'benchmark' side you could say. How did the Dragons go against them? Please refresh my memory? :-k :lol:
Round 8: Saints 42 - Sharks 12; Round 20: Saints 26 - Sharks 14... knocking Sharks out of the comp.

Sharks technically can still make it to, with two wins
Care to place a wager on that Salty?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Dragons Cross said:
sullyfan said:
Drew-boy said:
So where does that put the Sharks?

20, 30 years behind us? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a couple of wins. ;-)

Actually 38 years (and counting) behind us Drew-boy!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My mistake mate, my maths ain't too flash but I happily stand corrected :D

Funny how a thread is posted regarding cronulla, you people are obviously jealous of our great, surviving club . Disappointing effort by the Sharks but at least, at the end of the year we can look back on some great victories. Like that win over the Roosters, the 'benchmark' side you could say. How did the Dragons go against them? Please refresh my memory? Sharks technically can still make it to, with two wins . Then we will beat the Roosters (predicted via whatif calculator) and then go on to win the Premiership! Realistically, we wont, but Dragons with the likes of the Bulldogs and Roosters have no chance as well

Mate, you've got to be in it to win it, and presently, we have a chance, and you don't. What a great, continuing legacy to have by a surviving club, to continually fail! Say what you want about 99 but it was the biggest chance you've had since 76 I think it was, and you got shown up by 'The Man' and his partner in tries Tingha.

We might 'technically' only have 5 years of history, but hell, I'd prefer 5 years of mediocrity with the likelihood that this year will begin the success for the next 5 years, than 38 years of 'hit and miss'.[/quote]

"The Sharks have no influence and no money.

They have spent half their history staving off bankruptcy. Some seasons have been a success just to exist."

- John Lang (March 2004)

I fail to see your point, we are still surviving right? Desnt mean we have to do it easily. Im just happy where still around, I'd prefer to be around and poor then dead, merged and rich. Any new club would have money when two clubs combined.

Round 8: Saints 42 - Sharks 12; Round 20: Saints 26 - Sharks 14... knocking Sharks out of the comp.

Does this effect our result with Roosters? FACT: We beat 'benchmark', you's couldnt. Im happy with the signs we have shown against the truly top sides in the Broncos, Roosters and even the Bulldogs this year. Next year looks good. Dragons knocked us out of comp :? . IS that what you like to think? I believe stupid loses to Souths, Cowboys, Eels etc got us out of it.

I wont be betting on us getting in, you may not I said:

Realistically, we wont

Good luck in the Finals series, you will need it the way you lost to sides like the Cowboys.

Rexxy

Coach
Good luck in the Finals series.....

I'm proud of you SALTY.

See it's not hard to be a good sport.

You've come a looooong way.

BTW would you mind attributing the quote in your sig to the approriate author? Its only common courtesy.

DevilDragon

Juniors
Does this effect our result with Roosters? FACT: We beat 'benchmark', you's couldn't.

The Roosters were very ordinary that day. My compliments though to your English teachers over there on the swamp. Beautiful grammar. :clap:

I believe stupid loses to Souths, Cowboys, Eels etc got us out of it.

Ah yes, your losses to wooden spoon "benchmarks". So that leaves you where? :lol:
I would say failing to perform for most of the year "got you out of it".

Anonymous

Juniors
Saints definitely knocked the Sharks out of the comp. It's a fact.
Sharks lost the round 20 match, and their spot in the top eight... they haven't been able to get back in since.

As for beating the Roosters, that was the Sharks best game of the year and it won't be repeated. Something to keep you feeling happy as the days get longer.

It wasnt our best game at all, our best was against the Bronco's at Suncorp. From this, we lost BK (SOO) and Peachey, that may half be why we aernt going to well. Our loss to the Dragons was not what has ruined our finals chances, that statement is a joke. What cost us were loses to teams like Tigers and Dogs in last minutes and stupid loses to Souths and Cowboys etc.

Anonymous

Juniors
Our loss to the Dragons was not what has ruined our finals chances, that statement is a joke.
Who owns who?

Fact: Saints have beaten Sharks twice this year.
Fact: Saints defeated Sharks in round 20, knocking them out of the top 8.
Fact: Sharks haven't managed to get back into the top 8 since.

But don't worry, I'm sure they'll "survive". :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
Willow said:
I beg to differ.
Saints knocked the Sharks out of the top eight... and ever since then, they've been on the outside, looking in.
It's a fact.

Yes, however they didn't knock them out of contention with that win. ;-)

Anonymous

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Willow said:
I beg to differ.
It's a fact.

Yes, however they didn't knock them out of contention with that win. ;-)
Funny, you guys didn't mind reversing the logic last year.

Jabs

Juniors
Sharks fans are hypocrites, they are now blaming injuries for their failures. When we have all our players out according to Sharks fans its no excuse. :?
You can't have it both ways fools.

Enjoy Mad Monday. :lol:

eelsta

Bench
Jabs said:
Sharks fans are hypocrites, they are now blaming injuries for their failures. When we have all our players out according to Sharks fans its no excuse. :?
You can't have it both ways fools.

Enjoy Mad Monday. :lol:
no look on there page they are blaming the REF :shock: :x :x :x

Anonymous

Juniors
Adios Amigos for 2004... Cowboys 36 thrash Rabble 20

Nice work Cowboys.

When it came to favorite Scummer moments, I recall two of the best quote this year from Sharks supporters:

"At least we weren't beaten by 50"

and

"Premierships have nothing to do with success"
:clap: