What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

Card Shark

Immortal
Talk about cut off your nose to spite your face!

Ya know what, maybe it’s a good time to feel it out without feeling it out.

1 day there will be a massive overhaul of the game with teams in Sydney cut significantly. 1 day.!!!!!

I’d rather be the Perth Sharks than St George Cronulla Illawarra Dragons!

Quigs

Immortal
Youse do remember that whats his face and Beattie are undertaking a proposed plan to take the game forward.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm timing is impeccable

imasharkie

Coach
Well in a couple of years I will be well past my official retirement age. Maybe by then I might of escaped this hell hole and the NRL will be a thang of my past. Just a fading memory.

By the way you younger pricks keep working and make sure you are paying your correct tax. I have a lifestyle I wish to maintain.
Us retirees all support you Mr. Quiggs.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Got to play somewhere, they did not relocated Parra while thier stadium was out.

SFS is out of play.

Will play at Kogarah more than the Saints, I imagine that will piss them off no end.

Probably shouldn't break the fence.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The closure of the Leagues Club is a huge short-term blow to finances.

It will cost at least $3 million from poker machine profits but officials believe the long-term gains from a new licensed club in 2022 far outweigh the losses over two years
Pretty sure having an NRL team is part of this forecast.

Play elsewhere while stadium out is not new. Are the Rooster dying as the SFS out?

Settle peeps.

Kogarah that's in the Shire now.

So with the LC shutting
No revenue..but no costs either.no staff .
Id say the next 2 years will be absolute austerity measures time with the footu club. Expect more layoffs.
Bare bones crew running the footy dept.
We may get good money to play the 2 away games.
Wonder what the kogarah deal is. We have to be making a small amount from each game. Cant be losing money as we wont be hosting.

Imo what this will.end as will be, we will come back to shark park for like 5 seasons then move

Eion

First Grade
Got to play somewhere, they did not relocated Parra while thier stadium was out.

SFS is out of play.

Will play at Kogarah more than the Saints, I imagine that will piss them off no end.

Probably shouldn't break the fence.
Except parra got a stadium out of it. What do we get? A woolies?

I just don’t get why they need to close the whole friggen ground for 2 years. Even close off most of the PB stand and still play there for a portion of it, we only get 12k to game anyway

taipan

Referee
So with the LC shutting
No revenue..but no costs either.no staff .
Id say the next 2 years will be absolute austerity measures time with the footu club. Expect more layoffs.
Bare bones crew running the footy dept.
We may get good money to play the 2 away games.
Wonder what the kogarah deal is. We have to be making a small amount from each game. Cant be losing money as we wont be hosting.

Imo what this will.end as will be, we will come back to shark park for like 5 seasons then move

Hence the reasoning behind the money in the Bank ,from the pull out of the development profit share, and getting loot up front.It at least is a buffer.Although would have preferred a buffet.
Couple of belt tightening years.

End result will, be a new leagues club, with a big retail centre attached ,plenty of nearby residences.If they cannot make money out of that ,then we should toss in the towel.
The old saying, you need to spend money to kale money applies.

As Arnie would say in a plural sort of way"We'll be baaaaack.!

Weaponhead

Coach
History has shown this joint is not capable of belt tightening. They have already offset multi-million dollar losses against development revenue. The windfall will be blown and then there are no options to significantly grow revenue.

txta2

Bench
2 years, ha, like Sth nulla slsc. 18 months and still a mess. Yet 24 storey towers go up 6-12 months

Marchad

Juniors
As it seems the club is run by geniuss I wouldn’t be surprised if they requested the Darwin game. To be played on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of April.

My tin foil hat is shiny brightly as well. Not concerned about Darwin. They ain't moving team there

I'm concerned about the Sunny Coast. Could be a bit of a "let's see how this goes and gauge the interest up there" type of thing.

Not far from the water that ground, easy for Harold to resurface

Latest posts