What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks sign Snowden

Weaponhead

Coach
Frenzy has this spot on. I can see Snowden and Douglas being the most dynamic front row combo in the game in a couple of years. Snowden has more line breaking potential and attacking threat than Douglas but does not have the workrate, discipline or toughness yet. He seems to me like a player who had it too easy in the juniors, expected to make it on talent and found out that you need more than that to cut it in top grade. A change of scenery and some quality mentoring (Thommo and Ricky) will see him blossom into an excellent player.

Top signing.

There is a pattern in Sticky's signings emerging. He is going for 19-21 year olds with strong junior pedigrees who need an opportunity in the top grade. Douglas, Brown, Williams, McNichol, Snowden and Green are all very young with high potential. IMO, looks like Sticky is looking to build a dynasty by bringing through a bunch of kids together. In two seasons time they all will have 50+ FG games and be ready to hit their peak. Gallen, Bird, Pom, Kearney, De Gois etc will still be in their peak years as players at 50-150 games experience. Better days ahead??

Inferno

Coach
Weaponhead said:
Frenzy has this spot on. I can see Snowden and Douglas being the most dynamic front row combo in the game in a couple of years. Snowden has more line breaking potential and attacking threat than Douglas but does not have the workrate, discipline or toughness yet. He seems to me like a player who had it too easy in the juniors, expected to make it on talent and found out that you need more than that to cut it in top grade. A change of scenery and some quality mentoring (Thommo and Ricky) will see him blossom into an excellent player.

Top signing.

There is a pattern in Sticky's signings emerging. He is going for 19-21 year olds with strong junior pedigrees who need an opportunity in the top grade. Douglas, Brown, Williams, McNichol, Snowden and Green are all very young with high potential. IMO, looks like Sticky is looking to build a dynasty by bringing through a bunch of kids together. In two seasons time they all will have 50+ FG games and be ready to hit their peak. Gallen, Bird, Pom, Kearney, De Gois etc will still be in their peak years as players at 50-150 games experience. Better days ahead??

f**k me I needed that, cheers Weaponhead.

You also forgot to mention 2 year we will be free of Kimmorley as well.

spider

Coach
You also forgot to mention 2 year we will be free of Kimmorley as well.
if we cross our fingers and hope he remains injury free - we could possibly squeeze another year out of the champion.

ali

Bench
I'm quite happy about the signings so far. At least the common theme seems to be that the fans of the clubs we nick them off are a little disappointed.

macavity

Referee
This is a great signing for you guys.

We Knights fans are extremely pi$$ed that he is going.

Im sure Sticky can discipline him very well - and that is what he needs. He was in too much of a comfort zone up here, and that was the only thing holding him back.

when he stops growing and reaches full maturity you will have a 190cm 110kg wrecking ball with ball skills. only possible problem is lateral movement - and he really needs to pick up some speed, would have to be the slowest player in the NRL at the moment.

I can't believe we didn't persist with him - although Smith is a stickler for training attitude, and by all accounts his is poor. Im sure you guys will flog that out of him.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
A few clubs have looked at him , including his current club.

This is an average signing because it is high risk.

This guy is nearly the same age as Greg Bird and older than Dougie. he cant be used in the under 20 comp

Looks like the Cobras have a good prop on their hands.

lolesi

First Grade
Good signing.

When Ricky started at the club he put forward to to the fans we would be seeing the best of the Sharks in around 2 to 3 years. With the purchases that he has made it looks promising that he will be correct.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
He isnt nearly as old as Birdie Reefster, he is 3 years younger than him. Signing anyone is a risk, this risk is well worth it too.

Big boppers are like a fine wine, they get a lot better with age. I think with a bit of work he could turn into quite the footballer.

I can see him getting a start on the bench in front of blokes like Selmes and Sua not playing premier league. Ive seen him come up thru thru the ranks here in newy and he could be the goods.

Nuffs

Bench
lolesi said:
Good signing.

When Ricky started at the club he put forward to to the fans we would be seeing the best of the Sharks in around 2 to 3 years. With the purchases that he has made it looks promising that he will be correct.

didn't ando say the same thing.....

but yeah i'm just hoping that these young guys show more than potential when they play for us next year

samshark

Juniors
lolesi said:
Good signing.

If he signed some established NRL players instead of promising younsters we could see the best of the sharks next year. We already have a solid core just need a bit of class.
I am sick of waiting.

lolesi

First Grade
samshark said:
If he signed some established NRL players instead of promising younsters we could see the best of the sharks next year. We already have a solid core just need a bit of class.
I am sick of waiting.

:roll:

No sh*t.

Obviously the players Ricky want that are established NRL players are not avaliable or do not want to come to Sharks yet, so these young blokes are the next best thing.

Dont have to be established NRL players to make a mark in the NRL, have a look at the Storm, 2 years ago only a few of us would have heard about the young blokes coming through the ranks down in Melbourne, now look at em.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Big boppers are like a fine wine, they get a lot better with age.

like don tweedle. Remember that promotional photo of tweedle and wessells holding kimmorley between them before the start of the season, priceless

Omnishark2

Juniors
Snowden has potential, but by his FG appearances so far, he has lateral mobility issues in defence. I agree with whoever said he needs to lose a few kgs ...

Inferno

Coach
spider said:
if we cross our fingers and hope he remains injury free - we could possibly squeeze another year out of the champion.

I'd be happy if he only played 1 more year with us.

STEVE R

Juniors
Kade Snowden was sent off for the Knights Premier League team on the weekend.

Facing a 5 game suspension for 2 different charges.

First he was put on report for a dangerous throw, looked ugly.
Then he was marched for a headbutt while he had the ball. That looked VERY ugly.

Latest posts