What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks to spring surprise and take 2009 Premiership

Shorty

Staff member
LOL Kimmorely was horrible for the Sharks,I'd say he was a big reason for their lack of points because the guy had like one option prepared everytime.
I expect the Sharks to excel without him - The guy took it upon himself to carry the team in terms of attack and it was detrimental.

I'm sure Barrett isn't worlds better but atleast a few other attacking options can be explored now.

LOL Kimmorely was horrible for the Sharks,I'd say he was a big reason for their lack of points because the guy had like one option prepared everytime.
I expect the Sharks to excel without him - The guy took it upon himself to carry the team in terms of attack and it was detrimental.

I'm sure Barrett isn't worlds better but atleast a few other attacking options can be explored now.

Spot on Shorty. Anyone that seriously took any notice at all would know Kimmorley is a great kick chase player, but his last tackle options in attack in the 20 are pathetic. All he does is kick, kick kick. he will not attack the line and draw players and pass. If there are overlaps he ignores them. He is a hack. When ever he has tried to run on the last play and move to the obvious overlap he stuffs it up or throw a stupid flat pass for the opposition to run the length of the field to score. HACK HACK HACK.

Seymour was the player to attack in the twenty on the last and was far more effective then Kimmorley.

Loudstrat

Coach
Pink is the new black.

So Penrith will become the pink panthers?

The cred in this story is evident in this quote:
“Val's in for a tough time this year which will impact on her health by Christmas,” he said.
“I feel she needs to engage a feng shui consultant to rearrange the council buildings.”

Maybe the Sharks should move Shark Park a little to the left. Feng shui! FFS!

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
The sharks will miss Kimmorley in a big way next year
all the fans bags him but the amount of tries they scored off pressure from his kicking game was ridiculous, Kimmorley single handedly won them the game against us at Bruce in 08
they will miss his kicking game in a big way, mid table, they may even miss the 8 imho
Its not that kimmorley was good, its just that the raiders were crap.

Most shark fans who has watch every game for the past 6 years will tell you that kimmorley was an anchor that was holding the team back. He was a hack. Seymour carried the sharks in 08. It was obvious in the prem gf against the storm when the sharks scoreline was ZERO with kimmorley as the lone attacking option.

Vossy

Bench
dragons were/are overrated and wouldnt win a thing even if andrew johns was at 7..barrett will do wonders for our team and with less pressure, he can fit right in to how we play

You will find,Barrett could be worse than kimmorley...Who will lead the dogs well next year.

No one is worse then Kimmorley. He is a hack. No last play options in him except kick and chase. Oh except his exceptional flat intercept give me passes.

what he said

to this day that fuggen dirty grin he puts on when he kicks out of the full or fuggs up still gives me the sh!ts

HACK HACK HACK

dogs to be a comedians dream in 2009

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Its not that kimmorley was good, its just that the raiders were crap.

Most shark fans who has watch every game for the past 6 years will tell you that kimmorley was an anchor that was holding the team back. He was a hack. Seymour carried the sharks in 08. It was obvious in the prem gf against the storm when the sharks scoreline was ZERO with kimmorley as the lone attacking option.

Seymour aside - if Kimmorley was your lone attacking option, what does that tell you? Two things:

1) Kimmorley is not Joey Johns
2) Why were none of the other 12 attacking options?

There's ya problem, Sharkies. PLenty of scary, beefy thugs. No one to advance the attack. Who could Noddy get the ball to that would actually do any damage? Where was his go-to man?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
mmhhh....
relying on a player they have wanted to get rid of for ...how long??
Paying him how much ...???
And the attacking options again ....were...?

Must have been coached into them then ? (i.e...no attacking options outside of Kimmorley...lol)

Sure, there's plenty of attack.....

Just not much of it on the playing field !!

MsStorm

Bench
A cairns article:lol:He must have heat stoke:?;-)

The sun does very funny things to human beings:lol:

But who knows in rugby league, miracles can happen..but good luck to the
Sharkies and if they play Manly in the gf guess who I will be supporting on the day;-)

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
Seymour aside - if Kimmorley was your lone attacking option, what does that tell you? Two things:

1) Kimmorley is not Joey Johns
2) Why were none of the other 12 attacking options?

There's ya problem, Sharkies. PLenty of scary, beefy thugs. No one to advance the attack. Who could Noddy get the ball to that would actually do any damage? Where was his go-to man?
Everyone knows the 6, 7 or 9 of any football team is the core of the teams attack. Take the main playmaker out of any team and that team will be very ordinary no matter who is in the backline or forward pack. In the sharks case, Seymour was out and Kimmorley is a hack. Sharks couldn't score.

You could have a team with Slater and Inglis but without their main playmaker in Cam Smith, the storm are also a very ordinary side.

You don't strike me as a gal who watches much footy by the sound of it.

Canard

Immortal
What about him predicting a Category 1 (the lowest possible) or a deep low in April for Cairns.

WOW NOSTRADAMUS!!!

AMAZING!!!

I also predict that it will rain in London sometime this year.

Loudstrat

Coach
Everyone knows the 6, 7 or 9 of any football team is the core of the teams attack. Take the main playmaker out of any team and that team will be very ordinary no matter who is in the backline or forward pack. In the sharks case, Seymour was out and Kimmorley is a hack. Sharks couldn't score.

You could have a team with Slater and Inglis but without their main playmaker in Cam Smith, the storm are also a very ordinary side.

You don't strike me as a gal who watches much footy by the sound of it.

I'm not.

I'm a bloke that watches much footy.

Is my avatar too feminine? If you think so, you have absolutely no idea, and if you could hear that avatar, you'd sh*t yourself.

Twat.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
How is a team that got within one game from the grand final and only bettered by the eventual premiers a surprise choice? Sure they have lost Kimmorley but Barrett is still a classy player.

Latest posts