What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v Saints Sellout

Southern Shark

Juniors
As of midday on Tuesday 26/03/2013.

All Reserved seats including concourse have been sold. Only a few single seats remain in each reserved area.

General admission is all that is left. All allocations could be taken before kickoff.

webShark

As of midday on Tuesday 26/03/2013.

All Reserved seats including concourse have been sold. Only a few single seats remain in each reserved area.

General admission is all that is left. All allocations could be taken before kickoff.

Same story against the Titans. Given the Queens should bring 2-3k , should be looking at 20k+.

taipan

Referee
Hope that is spot on.Too p*ssed off of late,when games are headed for sellouts,and there are vacant seats staring at the Tv cameras.And room on hills to start a farm.

webShark

Hope that is spot on.Too p*ssed off of late,when games are headed for sellouts,and there are vacant seats staring at the Tv cameras.And room on hills to start a farm.

You cannot get a sensible answer on this from ticketek at the club. They just say members not turning up. Crap. Entire section in the PB stand empty. Dont tell me 400 members in the same area don't turn up. Ticketek say gates open at 6.00 pm. Interesting as there are NSW Cup and Under 20 Games starting from 3.15. Allocation exhausted today. Then often tickets appear days later. Certain sections must be withheld. That or there is no sense to it. I think they believe punters will be panicked into buying. Opposite happens and people don't bother.

I had to get tickets in away section for Titans game. Got a good view of empty seats in the PB stand. Granted there were not many but I only wanted 2. I think they hold some back for late sales or match day. With the usual amateur hour I can't believe it is run properly. Like I said in another post Ticketek shuts at 4 on Saturday before a sunday match. Would you risk getting one on Sunday morning? Is Ticketek even open? Web site says 'opening times to be confirmed'. Well we are onto the 3rd home game and still not confirmed. If I didn't love going I would have given up. Cant walk far so need to go early and get a good park.

The minor obstacles probably put off the floating fans. The floating fans are the ones who boost the crowd figure. I guess most of the forum locals go most games. Interstate forum people go when they can.

Every year there seems a stuff up with memberships etc. Ticket sales should be a priority but won't be. In one hour you could make a few suggestions that would help. Hope the new board sort some of this out.

The leagues club itself is like a morgue. Never used to be.

Last edited:

SharkShocked

Bench
You aren't referring to the right hand bay at the Peter Burns are you? Where the chairman's lounge seats are allocated?

Because most of those people rarely ever sit in the actual seats, they stay in the function area.

webShark

You aren't referring to the right hand bay at the Peter Burns are you? Where the chairman's lounge seats are allocated?

Because most of those people rarely ever sit in the actual seats, they stay in the function area.

Quite probably. Why do they stay in the function area? Can they see from there?

Panda Power 78

Juniors
You cannot get a sensible answer on this from ticketek at the club. They just say members not turning up. Crap. Entire section in the PB stand empty. Dont tell me 400 members in the same area don't turn up. Ticketek say gates open at 6.00 pm. Interesting as there are NSW Cup and Under 20 Games starting from 3.15. Allocation exhausted today. Then often tickets appear days later. Certain sections must be withheld. That or there is no sense to it. I think they believe punters will be panicked into buying. Opposite happens and people don't bother.

I had to get tickets in away section for Titans game. Got a good view of empty seats in the PB stand. Granted there were not many but I only wanted 2. I think they hold some back for late sales or match day. With the usual amateur hour I can't believe it is run properly. Like I said in another post Ticketek shuts at 4 on Saturday before a sunday match. Would you risk getting one on Sunday morning? Is Ticketek even open? Web site says 'opening times to be confirmed'. Well we are onto the 3rd home game and still not confirmed. If I didn't love going I would have given up. Cant walk far so need to go early and get a good park.

The minor obstacles probably put off the floating fans. The floating fans are the ones who boost the crowd figure. I guess most of the forum locals go most games. Interstate forum people go when they can.

Every year there seems a stuff up with memberships etc. Ticket sales should be a priority but won't be. In one hour you could make a few suggestions that would help. Hope the new board sort some of this out.

The leagues club itself is like a morgue. Never used to be.

Your point about the allocation being exhausted & then re-appearing days later is because the club still hopes they can sell season passes & they can't offer fans season tickets if the seats aren't there. This happens all season as they try to sell limited game passes through out the year. They will more than likely offer 1 game memberships for this game.

As for the Ticketek office shutting at 4pm , it is a regular Ticketek office which would all shut at 4pm on Saturdays. As for buying Footy tickets on Sunday or game-day, the booths outside the ground are temporary Ticketek offices .

Panda Power 78

Juniors

Similar in the Lower ET , the old boys - Rowland Beckett & his mates like to stand outside the bar at the north end of the stand.
Although we noticed they've stopped people smoking there this year.

SharkShocked

Bench
Quite probably. Why do they stay in the function area? Can they see from there?

There is a limited perfect view if that's what you mean behind the glass. I suppose on a hot day like the weekend, you'd stay in there with the free grog and watch from behind the glass instead of sitting in a chair next to an away supporter who weights 120KG constantly getting up and walking past you.

It certainly would account for some of the 'gaps' in the seating for the Peter Burns stand in I think bay 26 or 27?

As for other areas of the ground i'm unsure if they are used for different purposes.

I thought that there was a section in the Southern Stand at one time reserved for the Under 20's or NSW Cup players because i'd seen large amounts of them sitting there.

webShark

Your point about the allocation being exhausted & then re-appearing days later is because the club still hopes they can sell season passes & they can't offer fans season tickets if the seats aren't there. This happens all season as they try to sell limited game passes through out the year. They will more than likely offer 1 game memberships for this game.

As for the Ticketek office shutting at 4pm , it is a regular Ticketek office which would all shut at 4pm on Saturdays. As for buying Footy tickets on Sunday or game-day, the booths outside the ground are temporary Ticketek offices .

Thanks. The first logical explanation I have heard. Temporary ticketek office should also be on the front desk (GA at the least). By this logic, they must release some tickets close to kick off. Any idea when? I will wait in future. What time do the booths open on match day? That may be the way to go. Can't stand queuing but if they open early enough it would be fine. I would have thought seats should not be held back for potential season seat sales. All they have to do is make season seats only available for unsold seats for remaining games. Too much rocket science at the Sharks as well as Sports science.

Casuals may want 4 tickets but see no availability. Decide not to go or do something else. Then tickets suddenly available which if not sold as season passes may remain unsold. Presumably they are not bad seats if held back for season seat sales.

Last edited:
Thanks. The first logical explanation I have heard. Temporary ticketek office should also be on the front desk (GA at the least). By this logic, they must release some tickets close to kick off. Any idea when? I will wait in future. What time do the booths open on match day? That may be the way to go. Can't stand queuing but if they open early enough it would be fine. I would have thought seats should not be held back for potential season seat sales. All they have to do is make season seats only available for unsold seats for remaining games. Too much rocket science at the Sharks as well as Sports science.

Casuals may want 4 tickets but see no availability. Decide not to go or do something else. Then tickets suddenly available which if not sold as season passes may remain unsold. Presumably they are not bad seats if held back for season seat sales.

Why don't you just buy a membership? Avoid all these hassles and have decent seats for every game. I'm not sure where you live or if you can make the majority of the games but I come to all the home games from Taree and I love having my usual seats ready and waiting when I arrive.

As for the club not having the temporary Ticketek booth inside the club, they are probably trying to avoid massive queues for tickets when others might want to line up for merchandise or to join the leagues club.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
^^^ good point.

I bought good seats in the eastern concourse and they were $200 for the season. I can only get to about 5 or 6 games this year but it's worth it not to line up etc.