What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v Saints Sellout

Tucky

Juniors
I managed to get 4 seats for the family in the Peter Burns Stand. Flying down Friday, looking forward to taking my two sons to their 1st Sharks home match (and a derby to boot!) after years of watching them play up here against the Donkeys.
Shame you couldn't make it down Quigs, I'll make sure the boys pack their Unmerged shirts!

Southern Shark

Juniors
Those long lineups for a $6:50 plastic cup of VB (Very Bad) beer that takes a minute or more to pour await all. We need to go to cans like they do at Leichhardt Oval. You get four cans in less than ten seconds. No spillage, easier to carry and are able to be recycled. The tapped kegs are a total failure. Cant believe the club hasn't trialled cans.

Those long lineups for a $6:50 plastic cup of VB (Very Bad) beer that takes a minute or more to pour await all. We need to go to cans like they do at Leichhardt Oval. You get four cans in less than ten seconds. No spillage, easier to carry and are able to be recycled. The tapped kegs are a total failure. Cant believe the club hasn't trialled cans.

They do. They're called the cheer squad

spider

Coach

Licensing have a heavy influence in what containers beer is sold in. It's fortunate that heavy beer hasn't been taken off the table as yet.

The multi pour systems in place at the ground dump out 4 schooners equally as quick as a bar attendant can pop all 4 cans. And FTR it's a licensing requirement to serve any can opened.

On the pro argument for cans it is a given that they are easy to carry and they don't require changing, and you have minimal spillage - just take a sip from each one - problem solved.

I do agree on the price - they should kiss someone first before doing that

Southern Shark

Juniors
Leichhardt beer lines move much quicker. Wonder how they get around any licencing restraints. Hangon O'Farrell is a regular attendee.

spider

Coach
Each licensing area operates on its own issues and liquor accord incentives.

Cronulla has more high profile alcohol related issues than Liechardt. The local licensing team can also make a large difference in the relationship.

A few years back licensing attempted to eradicate all full strength with mid strength beer (and obviously lite) only, but thankfully that was successfully discussed out.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Thats why I don't go to music festivals anymore.

No drugs, half strength over priced booze.. Too many responsibly recycled dreadlocks.

f**k that!

carcharias

Immortal
i'm hearing ya coolum.
f**king beer wrist band ..coupons and deposit returns for empty cans...you spend all day in a bloody queue.

Panda Power 78

Juniors

Cans are apparently banned in the ground now , I tried to take a can of Red Bull in on Sunday - "no cans , could be used as a missile" was the security response.
It's been like this at the SCG , ANZ , SFS etc for a while but this is the 1st time I've noticed it at a suburban ground.

They did have cans for a while in the old scoreboard hill bar but it's obviously much cheaper & easier for the club - no need for ice , quicker & easier to lug kegs over from the club.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Each licensing area operates on its own issues and liquor accord incentives.

Cronulla has more high profile alcohol related issues than Liechardt. The local licensing team can also make a large difference in the relationship.

A few years back licensing attempted to eradicate all full strength with mid strength beer (and obviously lite) only, but thankfully that was successfully discussed out.

& Leichhardt runs on a private license , not the club's.
The bar service is run by a private contractor / catering service.

carcharias

Immortal
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm keeeeeeegggggggggggggggggggsssssssssss
a5333082-82-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg.png