What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Village development?

jackal

Juniors
$10m in gaming revenue and a couple of million in liquor sales. Even if revenue was proportioned accordingly to the 12 home games, it is still a no brainer that the Leagues Club would do ok without football.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think you are assuming that people would still support the club if the footy club didn't exist.
I reckon it would be a ghost down within a month. Location, Location & the location is shyte. Would make good offices though.

Since 73

First Grade
The football club put the leagues club on the map.

It is the Cronulla Sharks leagues club and was built to support the club and give the fans a base to do so.
Vice versa the team brings fans to the place - and not just on game day!

If the Sharks fold it becomes a stand alone entity.
Can it survive?
Yeah, in the short term - people who live close will go down for a beer and the pokies or to the restaurant.

That is when the slow bleed starts and continues until receivers step in and Panthers or Aldi buy it.

If the team folds what supporter could walk into the place without feeling like their walking thru a cemetary.
Buy a beer and sit there and think about the side you love and how they're gone forever.
Couldn't get out quick enuff.

I'd give it 6 months - tops.

Ausguy

Coach
I think you are assuming that people would still support the club if the footy club didn't exist.
I reckon it would be a ghost down within a month. Location, Location & the location is shyte. Would make good offices though.

I second that... i mean i wouldnt go there, i go there now to support the team.

jackal

Juniors
The $10m in gaming revenue would not be from football supporters, so yes, i would assume that.

However i do agree with you on the location, which is why an amalgamation may welll see the Leagues club gone after the mandatory 36 months. An amalgamation is viable for the football club short term - however it is extremely dangerous long term.

Surely

Post Whore
Hardcore pokie players don't really care about anything but pokies.

You could light a fire under their arse and they wouldn't even notice.

No one makes major announcements a week out from Christmas, unless you're the worst Government in the history of NSW and you hope it won't be noticed.

taipan

Referee
According to the Leader 4/11"Reps of the club and consortium will finalise a heads of agreement within the next four weeks""
The partnership with the Sharks and the consortium is pending, prior to the approval of Sharks members.
No one in their right mind,is going to have a meeting of members in mid Dec to Mid January.

newman

First Grade
All will be revealed in mid jan. From the preliminary stuff i have seen, there is genuine grounding for real optimism and positivity for every sharks fan.

Ausguy

Coach
That's wat I meant Newman. I wasn't after anything official I was after anything from someone with some inside info.

Care to share Newman ? Pm me up.

samshark

Juniors
I tell whats not real optisim and positivity, have you seen the latest club membership figures. Currently running dead last at only 47% of last years total. Not good at all. Not that I am surprised. As a local I can tell you, people have just lost interest. I cant see myself renewing my seats either. They have to show me something on the field first.

carcharias

Immortal
tell whats not real optisim and positivity

Been at any sort of xmas lunch ?

...anyway , I renewed to bigger, better more expensive seats.

where does one see these figures?

spider

Coach
I tell whats not real optisim and positivity, have you seen the latest club membership figures. Currently running dead last at only 47% of last years total. Not good at all. Not that I am surprised. As a local I can tell you, people have just lost interest. I cant see myself renewing my seats either. They have to show me something on the field first.
recent negative press would not assist the club and its membership drive for 2011

let alone the effect that would have on sponsorship and hospitality sales as well

Latest posts