What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Village development?

yadamisha

Juniors
Been at any sort of xmas lunch ?

...anyway , I renewed to bigger, better more expensive seats.

where does one see these figures?

NRL Website - The club has hardly been proactive in its membership drive compared to other clubs. This needs to change to boost these figures.

adamkungl

Immortal
I tell whats not real optisim and positivity, have you seen the latest club membership figures. Currently running dead last at only 47% of last years total. Not good at all. Not that I am surprised. As a local I can tell you, people have just lost interest. I cant see myself renewing my seats either. They have to show me something on the field first.

These were the numbers posted by the NRL and the clubs roughly around the same time last year and this years numbers in brackets.

Broncos: 9,500 (10,400)
Raiders: 2,100 (2,900)
Bulldogs: 4,200 (7,300)
Sharks: 1,200 (2,300)
Titans: 3,600 (5,900)
Sea Eagles: 1,800 (3,400)
Storm: 0 (0)
Knights: 3,900 (5,200)
Cowboys: 6,000 (6,300)
Eels: 5,100 (7,800)
Panthers: 1,800 (3,000)
Rabbitohs: 7,000 (12,800)
Dragons: 2,000 (10,300)
Roosters: 1,600 (4,200)
Warriors: 2,800 (4,200)
Wests Tigers: 1,700 (4,600)

jc155776

Coach
Most clubs seem to be around the 50% bar a few.

And lets face it, Soufs memberships probably include a tonne of free ones for dead people or $5 memberships to artifically boost numbers.

That said I havn't even given membership a though this far out. Will care a bit more closer to the start of the season and sign up then.

Ausguy

Coach
So Newman, mid january is a week or so away.... are we still on for some news or are we gonna wait until the start of the season where an announcement will make a bigger impact.

Aren't the members voting on this anyway?

Ausguy

Coach
eventually yeah. members vote. ill vote yes. if i can vote. i assume i can.

peace in the middle east is due first but

Haha, i get where you are coming from RCB but gee we cant afford this one to be just another hoax for want of a better term. We need some plans set in concrete with timelines before we go bust.

Ausguy

Coach
eventually yeah. members vote. ill vote yes. if i can vote. i assume i can.

peace in the middle east is due first but

Haha, i get where you are coming from RCB but gee we cant afford this one to be just another hoax for want of a better term. We need some plans set in concrete with timelines before we go bust.

jackal

Juniors
The club made a plea at the 11th hour to the bank in December for finance. Not a positive sign in lieu of this almighty rich development that is sitting waiting to prosper. Coupled with the advertisement to sell off the Leagues Club in recent months, one would think questions and possibly tough decisions are staring the Auditors down in the next 60 days.

I recall a business once that had 70% of creditors in excess of 90 days, some exceeding 120 days. They were into the ATO for 10% of their annual turnover. But ignorance had them sitting on the pumped up golden egg to hatch.

Needless to say, when the smoke cleared and the one way glass was pulled down, the egg never hatched and there was nothing left but a fire sale.

At least in the Sharks case there is the last couple of seasons to refelct on for comfort.....

For clarity its worth reading all the smoke-articles published. The development will be announced and who the successful company will be, but to think the club will receive an on-going financial life jacket is another matter.

Ausguy

Coach
The club made a plea at the 11th hour to the bank in December for finance. Not a positive sign in lieu of this almighty rich development that is sitting waiting to prosper. Coupled with the advertisement to sell off the Leagues Club in recent months, one would think questions and possibly tough decisions are staring the Auditors down in the next 60 days.

I recall a business once that had 70% of creditors in excess of 90 days, some exceeding 120 days. They were into the ATO for 10% of their annual turnover. But ignorance had them sitting on the pumped up golden egg to hatch.

Needless to say, when the smoke cleared and the one way glass was pulled down, the egg never hatched and there was nothing left but a fire sale.

At least in the Sharks case there is the last couple of seasons to refelct on for comfort.....

For clarity its worth reading all the smoke-articles published. The development will be announced and who the successful company will be, but to think the club will receive an on-going financial life jacket is another matter.

Well that fills me with confidence *sarcasm font*

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The club made a plea at the 11th hour to the bank in December for finance. Not a positive sign in lieu of this almighty rich development that is sitting waiting to prosper.

A plea which I hear fell on deaf ears.

Coupled with the advertisement to sell off the Leagues Club in recent months, one would think questions and possibly tough decisions are staring the Auditors down in the next 60 days.

Has that happened? Is there a buyer? Will the buyer take over the football club debts as I seem to recall the Leagues Club taking them on. I assume they are still not servicing those debts and hence the plea for money.

"The one way glass". haha I love that. It's exactly how most muppets are looking at this whole mess.

Cold comfort

I haven't, in the last 18 months, seen any article that wasn't as transparent as a bride's nightie. Transparent as in the snow job being done on fans is easy to see.

always mate. currently on the nightrain

ready to crash and burn. i never learn

but lets get down to brass tax here. this pie in the sky development has been in the pie-p line for years.
but the clubs broke. we all know this.

the fuhrer spruiks a stronger financial position (on the radio a few months back with hughes and blocker roach)

and yet whispers say we went to the bank. again
no ceo?

multiple resignations.

you gotta wonder just how many games there are left.

yadamisha

Juniors

What a load of crock and given your rep for poor predictions it is hardly believable. The way this is written smacks of someone writing based on what they have heard and not what is the case. Obviously you haven't been to the recent meetings about the project to be saying the last paragraph. There was never a proposal to sell off the leagues club as you suggest.

The whole post is laughable.

Latest posts